Saturday, February 4, 2012

2/4/2012 Special Edition - Dave's Cruise Ship Adventure Part 1

Greetings friends! My Energy and Spirits are good.

Let me first say that I am very grateful for finding Zero Carb and including it in my daily life. It has changed everything for me in a positive way.

Now for the good stuff ......... the stuff that dreams are made of...........the stuff that, that.......... oh brother get on with it already HA!

Alright then.....................



So how did Dave's Cruise Ship Adventure go? Was it fun? Was it boring? Could he find a decent Zero Carb meal? Did he......... (we get the message Dave)...... scummed to temptation? Oops, oh yeah right. Sorry about that I just got carried away..........or did I?

Now what was I talking about? Right! The Cruise Ship Adventure. Jeez!!!

I Tell You What: the cruise surely was an experience. Like any other vacation or outing a lot depends on what you want to get out of it. (DW) and I usually look for rest and relaxation or R&R. Not to say that we don't enjoy a good time.

Well the cruise was delayed because of fog. Not good. We were supposed to "Embark" between 12:30 - 2:30 pm, but we did not get on the ship until around 5:00 pm. We went to our room and unpacked.
Nice balcony room


another view

yes the small balcony, but nice (stock photo)

Dinner the first night (flat iron steak)


Yikes I forgot to tell them to leave them off. Looks pretty though lol!

It was a long day, so we decided just to chill and walk around the ship to get to know our way around. It seems like most of the other passengers were doing the same.

So what's for breakfast for a Zero Carber? Hmmm................

How about this?:

Two custom made all meat and cheese two egg omelets with a large side of extra greasy bacon.

Lunch every day was basically two beef hamburger patties. No pictures. I kept it simple. Yes, I had other choices, but...................

Dinner well now we are talking.

Smoked duck appetizer (very good)

Small, but very tasty. I really enjoyed this little dish.

Main course Prime Rib

The Prime Rib was very rare and very tender. I loved it. I wish they had this every night. I told them to hold the veggies that came with it.

Desert? Why not:

A wonderful mix of "real" cheeses. I told them to hold the fruit and bread that came with it. I had this for desert every night. Did I need it? No. Why did I eat it? Well to tell you the truth I just wanted to. Oh no Dave you succumbed to temptation. Yes, yes I did.

Well this concludes part 1 of Dave's Cruise Ship Adventure. I will post the second part of my cruise ship adventure.........................

Have a Healthy (ZC) Day my Friends and Zero Carb Family. Fight the Good Fight and Always Battle On!!!

(ZC)er Here to Stay

Cheers,

Dave

10 comments:

  1. Ahoy Matey,
    Welcome home. Looks like fun. To be able to just wander to the restaurant and select and be served sounds heavenly.
    Hey I'm heading very close to the 160's. Race you there!!!!
    teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cyber Mom. 160's WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Great for you. I think I have a way to go lol!

      I really can't complain. Much more to come in Part 2. Keep Bob in line HA! Battle On!!!

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  2. dave your pictures are great! i can't wait until you post the rest of your cruise.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara, I will post Part 2 soon. Thanks for stopping by.

      cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great time Dave. So far your selection of food looks great. Looking forward to your next post.-Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, yes the selections were not bad. I was actually surprised.

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  4. I never thought carnival would serve that kind of food. I thought they were a little more low key than the other lines.

    Have you started to workout? I know it hard to get started. You have great will power I am sure you start soon, if you have not already.

    David I always enjoy reading your blog. You have a real nice way of looking at things. You are a very positive person that helps give some of us reinforcement. You make me smile, laugh and think. I only wish you wrote more like you used too.~Maryzc~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maryzc, Carnival is not too bad. I have friends that have cruised carnival and others and say that they preferred carnival and some say they are all about the same.

      Work out..... what workout? HA! Well no, but I have some good news that I will disclose in another post about that.

      I am glad to hear that I make you smile. Hey I have done my job lol! Really...... thank you very much I will keep trying. I think my new venture into exercise will help keep this blog alive.......... hopefully.

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  5. Yes Dave let us know if you started your workout routine. I am interested. I workout pretty close to what you described what you want to do. I can give you some tips if you like. I have a simple routine just to keep in shape. Like you I am not looking to get pumped up, just in shape.

    So far the food looks pretty good on your cruise. I am curious as to what else you ate on your vacation.

    Marcus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Marcus, I hope all fares well with you. As you can see from my response to Maryzc I have not started. Yes I would like to take a look at your workout routine. You can email it to me at the blog's email located at the top right hand side thanks.

      Yeah the food was not bad at all. More to come soon.

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs.

You are welcome to ask questions, concerns or make a statment, but we are not interested on arguments against our common beliefs. Those comments will be deleted without answer. Please be respectful. You can post in total Anonymity if you wish.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...