Monday, July 19, 2010

7/19/2010


I ended up going to the movies with my best friend today (DW worked). It just grossed me out at the orgy of people from all walks of life that gorged themselves on HFC soft drinks, candy, hotdogs, popcorn and all the other usual suspects. 

What grossed me out the most is that I would have joined in the frenzy just a few years ago. I used to always like the smell of fresh popped popcorn, because it reminded me of my grandfather’s theater that I used to work at in the summer when I was a kid. Today the smell was masked by some nasty smelling “fake buttery” topping (YUK). 

We went out for a cocktails and dinner. My friend had a beer and I had my sparkling water. We both ordered the Rib eye steak that came with two side orders. I look at my friend and told him to choose four because I would not be eating any. So he had his Rib eye steak and four sides and I had my Rib eye steak neat. It was about 12ozs and was more than enough for me. I explained (ZC) to him and he seemed receptive. I have known him for almost 40 years and he has always been very supportive in all my ventures. 

Unfortunately it rained all day and we were not able to enjoy sitting outside by the waterway. It was good to spend some time with my best friend. We haven’t had time to chew the “fat” for at least three months. Before I got married we would meet for coffee or meals at least 2 to three times a week if not more. 

Today was fun and relaxing. I hope everyone had a good day. BTW we saw “Predators”, it was o.k.. I guess. 


Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...