Monday, July 12, 2010

7/12/2010


I got to sleep in again today. My energy levels are good. I’m sure I’m going to take a beating later when I do some yard work. I’m going to pace myself in order not to burn out. It’s very hot outside today.

Yesterday I went shopping at the grocery store and for the first time I felt nauseous walking through the bakery department on my way to the Meat Section. I used to love to walk thru the bakery, eat a few samples (cookies, croissants, and the other usual suspects). I felt like Superman being zapped with Kryptonite. Thank God I for the Meat Section. I felt better after spending some time there looking for sales and markdowns. I ended up buying
Bone-in NY Strip Steaks for $3.97 a pound. This was my second stop for the day. At the first store I bought the ingredients for the Moussaka and some Mascarpone Cheese.

I was able to get a free Blood Glucose Test at my first stop. They give them free every second Saturday of the month. My reading was “
91” and that was after I ate earlier that day. I also bought a 5 lb tube of GB (80/20) and used three pounds to make twelve (12) ¼ pound patties. I cooked the patties on the grill outside along with the steaks (which I cut in half). I then flashed freeze all the meat and put them in zip lock bags back into the freezer. It’s great to have these babies readily on hand. They taste as fresh as the day I cook them when nuked IMO.

260/
247.8/185
Overall health (1-10):8
Energy level (1-10):8
Cravings: None
Today's Menu: Steak, (ZC) Moussaka, H2O

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...