Thursday, August 12, 2010

8/12/2010

I am happy to say I bagged over 7 pounds of fat trimmings for a little over three bucks. I also decided to buy a beef brisket. The brisket was also over 7 pounds for $1.48 a pound. 

I decided to render the fat in my oven. I set the oven to 350. At an hour and a half I drained about 1 an a half quarts, I then cooked it for another 45 minutes and got another ½ quart. The fat was getting a little brown so I decided not to put it back in.

This was my final result

The tallow was a golden yellow. It almost looked like apple juice. The crispy fat was brown. I guess I can mix it with ground or chopped meat.


I actually finished just as (DW) stepped into the house. As I guessed she almost fainted at the thought that I would consume any of this. My blood screen test this December will hopefully show some good results or I will never hear the end of it. She means well, but I’m preacher to the choir. 

I am going to put my faith of (ZC) to the test and eat my tallow and crispy fat. In the past (even on VLC) I never would have entertained eating tallow.



(ZC) Leap of Faith


Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...