Monday, August 2, 2010

8/2/2010

Before I went to work this morning I put a full fat brisket in the oven on low temperature to slow cook all day. When I got home this evening the whole house smelled like beef paradise. I could not wait to carve a piece out of the fatty side. Wow it was Soooo……….Gooooood. I ate a bit of fat and my (DW) almost fainted. She reminded me that the fat would cause me to have high cholesterol. I told her “No it will not cause high cholesterol as long as I stay on (ZC).” She just shrugged her shoulders in disgust. Oh well, welcome to my world.


On a lighter note I will have the privilege to carve it up as soon as it cools down. I can’t believe I used to throw all that yummy fat away(DUH). (DW) was at home today and made some Chinese Steamed Pork Buns. I would be a big fat liar if I did not say they sure did smell good. I could just make out the smell over the brisket. It must have been the pork inside the buns. Back in the day I used to gobble them down. They were better than any buns you could buy in Houston’s china town.


(ZC) Fatty Brisket vs. Pork Buns

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...