Friday, October 8, 2010

10/8/2010 Daily Update

This week went by so fast. My Spirits and Energy are Soaring. No cravings for cabs, No cheats and No tummy troubles.

I had posted yesterday that I would have a “Test of Will” last night. Well I was able to dodge the Bullet. I was supposed to go to a restaurant called the Cheese Cake Factory for Desert in celebration for a Birthday. I was ready to order a cool glass of water and smile as others participated in festive activities of an all Carb Massacre. I will have to admit that in the past I would have joined in the Melee. My favorite was the Pumpkin Cheese Cake with glazed Pecans. 

The Chicken Thighs came out really nice. I could not resist eating four of the Chicken Skins. They were crispy and delicious OMG. I could just eat a whole Stack of crispy chicken skins and be happy LOL!!! I will post a step by step on how I do this in the proper thread with pics in the future. 

One “Test of Will” I won’t be able to dodge is on Saturday. I will be going to Chinatown to celebrate (MI)’s birthday. We will be having Dim Sum. This was another all time favorite of mines. Before I got married, I would go almost every weekend for years to eat Dim Sum on Saturday s or Sunday s with my best friend. For those who have never eaten Dim Sum it is sort of like a Chinese Brunch, but not exactly. Its Lots and Lots of small specialty dishes and some familiar Chinese fare. My all time favorite was the stuffed fried taro root. I might break with the H20 and drink some hot flower tea. The only thing that I might be able to eat is the duck and roasted pork if available. They have these meats without the added red glaze. Most of the other meats are in some type of sauce and I will NOT go there. I will also look at the menu for alternatives. The traditional Dim Sum is served off of carts that are loaded with a variety of items and are pushed from table to table. It is a fun event. In the past my friends and I were about the only non-Chinese in the restaurant. It almost felt like being in a foreign country.

Almost forgot, I had a little move on the scale for a new all time low: 220.6 Lbs.

Have a Great (ZC) Day and Weekend Y’ALL!!!

(ZC) Ni Hao Ma

Cheers

260/
220.6/185
Overall health (1-10):8
Energy level (1-10):9
Cravings: None
Today's Menu: Chicken Thighs, H2O

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...