Friday, December 24, 2010

12/24/2010 Daily Update Christmas Eve

Season Greetings All. My Spirits and Energy levels are good. No cravings, No cheats and No tummy troubles.


I finally cam up with a final Christmas Day Dinner Menu: Roasted Turkey, Baked Bone-in Ham, dirty rice, mixed roasted vegetables, green bean casserole, yam casserole, red and green grape salad, whole cranberry sauce with pine nuts, turkey gravy, cocktail size croissants, and garlic bread. I am making a repeat of a few Thanksgiving dishes upon popular requests. Desserts? Well it will be whatever guests decide to bring. My family eats SAD. They are not interested in (ZC) or LC. Many years ago two of my sisters and I got together and made a Low Carb aka LC Thanksgiving Dinner. At the time they were experimenting with LC. Well for the most part it was a big flop. While everyone was a good sport about it, you could tell it really did not go over well. How do I really know? Because it was not back by popular demand. That spoke volumes to me. Hey we tried.

I really love to cook. For me cooking is an art. I love to create and tweak recipes. Baking is on the top of my list. I love to decorate the final product. I have had rave reviews on some of my creations. I Tell You What: when folks inquire what Bakery it came from and I say your looking at him. Well what can I say. For the record: I do not taste the non-(ZC) foods that I make. I have a strong Will and I do not play with Fire. Either the creation is a success or not. I have been cooking for a long time. If I have to guess it is well over 30 years. I tend to follow recipes and then tweak them. It is not rocket science.

 Today I will make some of the dishes. I have a lot to make and it is solo time in the kitchen. It is the way I like it. I get a rhythm going in the kitchen and I hate to stop and instruct on what needs to get done when I am in a rush. I can be very fast and accurate in my cooking, but it can be irritating when obstacles occur. I have to say that I agree with: Too Many Cooks Spoil the Soup, Broth, Stew or whatever. Now don’t get me wrong. I also can get into Teaching Mode. At that point I love to instruct and teach those who want to learn. I have a lot of patience.

I was planning to make some Beef  Cheek for my special Christmas dinner, but I changed my mind. I will save the meat for another time. I have a few presents to wrap. I bought (DW) a new computer and monitor. She will be surprised. I also bought a few small things for our guests. I’m a type of person that loves to give. Receiving is not a big deal to me. The company of friends and family gathered having a good time is a Big Gift on its own. It is just my way.

I had a nice bounce in the Wrong direction today. No Worries. It comes with the territory and is expected by ME. Just another reason I don’t Mark Out Mini Goals so quickly.

Have a Great Day my Friends and (ZC) Family. Fight the Good Fight and Battle On!!!

(ZC) Spread the Joy



Cheers

260/199.2/185
Overall health (1-10):8
Energy level (1-10):8
Rocky Stage: Won’t Be Long Now
Today's Menu: Fatty Beef Brisket and H20

5 comments:

  1. ****Testing Internet Explorer**** My Firefox won't let me leave a comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. ****Best wishes to you Dave for a joyous Christmas celebration with your family!****

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You, it looks like your IE is working fine. Merry Christmas to you and yours and Battle On!!!

    (ZC)ers Joy to the World

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun cooking for your family an friends.
    I've been bouncing the ounces also. 4 oz go up and down. I just have to break through...
    Have a Merry Christmas....See ya in the 180's
    teri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Teri, I have already started lol! I've made four dishes so far. That will leave two dishes two meats and garlic bread for tomorrow. Yes. I make garlic bread from scratch. I took a nap earlier today so I am full of energy right now.

    Teri, I have come to learn that (ZC) has it's own mind. I just do what I am supposed to do and wait. Downward bounces are not fun, but what can you do besides wait. Hahaha!!! Thanks for stopping by. It means more than you know. I hope you have a Blessed Christmas. Battle On Teri!!!

    (ZC)All the Right Moves

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...