Wednesday, January 5, 2011

1/5/2011 Daily Update - The Test Results

Good Tidings All. My Spirits are better. My Energy Level is still riding that wave!! No cravings, No cheats and no tummy troubles.

My California guest arrived last night. I picked her up from the airport and we stayed up until after 2:00 am. Needless to say this Jolt of Energy that (ZC) has provided is serving me well this morning lol!!! I can’t wait to get off of work to visit with her. (DW) is off today and will be with her for the most part. One of my sisters will pick her up tomorrow and she will spend a couple of days with her and her family and then back with me for the weekend filled with Fun and Adventure. Uncle Dave won’t let her down. Hahaha!!!

I swear my Fatty Beef Brisket that I cook on the pit is some of the most tasty that I have made to date. I mean it is so good that I am looking forward to making another one the same way. Good Old Hickory, you just can’t go wrong. Although I would like to try some Pecan wood next time. One of my best friends cooks with it in his pit and the Meat comes out great tasting with a nice reddish brown huge on the cap.

Now for the Nitti Gritty: I finally got Test Results Back and it was about what I expected. Everything was in range EXCEPT MY LDLs. So I will contact the Doc and make arrangements for a true particle profile instead of relying on the CALCULATION. I just have to know.

These are the Lipid Panel results:

CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL
212
100 - 199
mg/dL
TRIGLYCERIDES
134
0 - 149
mg/dL
HDL CHOLESTEROL
42
>39 -  
mg/dL
VLDL CHOLESTEROL CAL
27
5 - 40
mg/dL
LDL CHOLESTEROL CALC
143
0 - 99
mg/dL

Good Grief to the Tenth Power!!!!

So I guess it’s time to Fork out $100.00 for the test if the insurance refuses to pay for it. Come Hell or High Water the test will be done. I need it for my own Sanctity and well as (DW).

Have a Great (ZC) Day my Friends and (ZC) Family. Keep the Faith and Battle On!!!

(ZC) TRUTH or DARE






Cheers

260/197.2/185
Overall health (1-10):8
Energy level (1-10):10
Rocky Stage: Getting Strong Now
Today's Menu: Fatty Beef Brisket and H20

2 comments:

  1. Hello David!!!

    Do not worry about the Prozac thing; I like to use medication names as nick names... and stay away as much as possible from them! To answer your question, yes, I am a real ZC follower. Strangely, I began the same time as you somewhere in June 2010. I began LC 15 years ago with some results but cravings were still a daily problem, even moving to VLCD. Then, when I discovered ZC, my life change. You know like me how powerful this way of eating can be; after 6 months of this, I could never go back to carbs. I started at 216 lbs and now have reach 149 lbs, which is a good weight for my height (well, I think that 30 inches of waist is OK...) Many times, I wanted to be part of Charles's site but there are so many people and postings, I think there is no need. I like your blog because you keep things SIMPLE and you do not let yourself get confuse with this and that. And it is nice to know that, yes, there are some difficult times with ZC (for ex. socially...) but reading how you deal with them surely brings people great help. Is 185 your final goal?

    Prozac (I will probably change this name...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Prozac,Thanks for your positive comments. Congrats on the weight loss. I am a very simple person. I don't like to make things complicated. I guess at this point in my life I want as much peace as I can get.

    When I started (ZC) I posted my goal weight at 185lbs. Why? I guess because in my earlly twenties I weighed that much and look good IMO. My body has really changed a lot since then, I was much more muscular, so I don't know now about 185lbs, I guess it should be less, unless I start to gain more muscle weight. I guess I will see were (ZC) takes me on this Journey. Keep the Faith PZ!!!

    (ZC) Wanna Take a Ride

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...