Saturday, March 19, 2011

3/19/2011 - Daily Update - Time Marches On

Good Day. My Spirits and Energy levels are good.

Hey back in action. I took the day off yesterday to do some deep thinking. I am here and here I am to stay. I   am not going anywhere. I have a way to go on this Journey and I will continue to chronicle it here.

For certain reasons in the past I was a little careful on what exactly I would post here because it was basically the same post that was at the forum. I won't rehash old wounds, but lets just say "to keep the peace" I often edited out certain subjects to avoid upsetting certain folks. The more I edited my posts the more it weighed on me. Hey this is "my" Journey I will chronicle it the way it actually happens. I live in the "Real World" where real things happen everyday that interact with Zero Carb. I had situations at work, home and social gatherings that I would avoid to post in order to once again "to keep the peace".

 Well those days are behind me and I feel free to "Be ME". No more "Bizarro World" for me. Yes, I am referring to my Journal not the Forum. I will post real life events without the edits. I just might rename this Blog to "The Chronicles of David Uncut". Hahaha!!!

Did I go on a tangent or what. Jeez, alright already. Take a chill pill Dave. There I go again talking about "Dave" as he was another person and that laugh. Scary to say the least. OK I have to come clean and admit that I caved in and ate a Snickers Candy Bar earlier today. It was just one of those mini type about a third of the regular size. Hey these were my all time favorites and my (DW) bought a bag last night I just thought well just a bit wouldn't hurt................not!!! Did I have you going or do you know me all too well?

I am a little tired after busting my butt outside doing yard work. I plan to enjoy myself outside on my back patio enjoying my little water features and a nice CIGAR. I used to like to drink an Amaretto in a brandy glass when I smoked a cigar. I don't crave that at all now. I could imagine a nice espresso or a cup of plain black coffee. Some folks are uptight about folks drinking coffee. I'm not. Why? Because I have been drinking it for the last five months and it has not change my weight loss. There are too many studies listed Pro and Con  and I am not going there. Why did I not reveal this before? Go back to the towards the top and reread. Enough said.

Have a Great (ZC) Day my Friends and Zero Carb family. The Battle Continues!!!

(ZC) One of a Kind



Cheers

260/188.4/185
Overall health (1-10):9
Energy level (1-10):10
Rocky Stage: Getting Strong Now
Today's Menu: Fatty Beef Brisket, Bacon, Eggs and H20

8 comments:

  1. Hi Dave , just wanted to let you know i appreciate this blog thanks for keeping it going ! Bought a brisket today and a couple eye of rounds to make pemmican . HAve been eating zero carb for about 5 days havent lost any weight yet but feel much better I do notice if I eat cheese or eggs I do not feel as good as i do if i eat just meat I am drinking water like crazy .Onwards ! TO VICTORY!!!!!!!! anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi anonymous, I tell you what: I am no expert but here is a little advice = dump the dairy. I have read too many times how dairy slows weight loss down with other members as well as myself. It may be hard at the start, but the carving or desire for it will fade. I have not done the pemmican deal yet. Maybe one day, but I don't have the desire at the moment. I feel so much better body and soul. This WOE has saved my Life. It really has and I will never ever stop.

    I only eat eggs on occasion. These past two weekends I have had bacon and eggs for my first meal. I probably won't eat them again for months after tomorrow.

    A big key for me is to eat only when I am truly hungry. Another key is not to overeat. I see where people go wrong in that area. Eat until you are satisfied and then stop. If you serve yourself too much, put it up. Don't follow that old mantra of "clean your plate".

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting. It is appreciated. Stay in the Battle My (ZC) friend. You have what it takes inside you to win and WIN BIG. Battle On!!!

    (ZC) Victory is at Hand

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Dave, you really had me going with that Snickers bar! LOL! For me, it's Reese's peanut butter cups. Just love those suckers. For the last year, I've allowed myself to buy the 2-cup package from the vending machine at work on days when I donate blood. That's once every two months. Last time I donated at the beginning of March, I totally forgot about my ritual. I keep telling myself that I'm "owed" the treat, but the days go by and I forget about it. Love my black coffee though.
    Take care,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon, hey I like to be naughty sometimes lol........not! I try to make this a little fun. I have upset some folks in the past with my strange humor. Oh well they will get over it. Reese's was another all time favorite poisons I used to indulge on. Jeez and I wondered why I was fat?

    Ya know I have really like black coffee now. Since my taste buds are not corrupted by sweets. I can really taste the difference. I used to only like the smell of coffee. I could only drink it with cream and sweeteners. Now I think those things would corrupt the taste. Maybe a little HWC or maybe not.HA!

    Anyway dairy is far from my mind and experimenting with it is not on my agenda at the moment. I still have a way to go on the weight loss and I will think about it another time. Thanks for stopping by. Keep the Faith!!!

    (ZC)To Be, or Not to Be?

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again Dave, yep, I have a warped sense of humor too. I often tell people that they should expect the first thing out of my mouth to be only a joke. Just ignore the first thing! LOL!

    This first month without dairy has been interesting. I thought I'd miss it more, but I really only think about it just kind of in passing, not as a constant thought. I'm not sure if I'll go back to it when this month is over or not. At this point, I don't think so. I'm so happy to finally have the scale moving downwards again!
    Have a great day,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah Sharon good for you!!! Listen: Kick dairy to the curb my friend. If you are trying to lose the weight, lose the dairy. I swear it was like day and night for me. Boy I need to hop over to your blog and check it out!

    These little angry minions need to get a life and learn to laugh. Hey laughing does a body, mind and soul GOOD!

    You keep battling along. I am by your side watching out for you. So lets lock shields and drive those demons away. Fight the Good Fight Sharon!!!

    (ZC) Allies Needed

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know what, Dave? I actually wish you WERE selling something on your site, as I'd like to have the chance to buy it. Just to support you. Instead, I'll support you by coming here often and telling you what an inspiration you are. And you are. Truly an inspiration and your upbeat spirit and determination to help others shows that you're an awesome person. To use your own words, Fight the Good Fight, Dave! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sharon, well to tell you the truth I like it the way it is. I am fortunate that this only costs me time. I do appreciate your kind comments. You are always welcome to post your comments here. You are a very positive person and I enjoy reading your blog. Maybe one day in the far far future I may write a Zero Carb cook book. Will it happen? Who knows. Thanks all the same my friend. Keep the Faith!!!

    (ZC)Friend of Dave

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...