Wednesday, March 2, 2011

3/2/2011 - Daily Update - Knowledge is Power

I've Got the Power. My Spirits and Energy levels are good. No cravings, cheats or tummy troubles.

I have been eating Ground Beef (GB) for the last couple of days and its OK. I think I miss the chew of the Fatty Beef Brisket. I started to think, yes once again this could be dangerous and "DANGER" is my middle name BTW (among others) lol. Alright already back to my point ..... which was .... was ...... yeah uumm  oh I've got it: I was just wondering that since Ground Beef is processed in the sense that it is grounded, does our body utilize it better than steak or other unprocessed meats. In my little head I was wondering that maybe we absorb it better. OK I know that might sound dumb but it was just a thought lol!.

Now that you have stopped laughing, I thought I would mention that I have been getting some really nice rest lately. I have noticed that when I sleep better and my body has had time to rest I lose weight much better and of course I feel wonderful and full of energy. Wow all that from a good nights rest, go figure.

One more thing about GB I think that it is not holding my hunger as well as the Fatty Beef Brisket. That is what I was going to mention when I first brought it up. I am wondering if that has to do with it being processed. I have not been on it for long so I guess I better sit back and analyze this further for a longer period of time before coming to any conclusions. 


My Friends and Zero Carb Family I gotta tellya Life is so Great for me right now that I can't stop mentioning it. Yes, a broken record I know. So what is a happy go lucky (ZC)er to do lol!!! 


Have a Great (ZC) Day my Friends and Zero Carb Family. Live Long!! Be Strong!! Battle On!!!



(ZC) Exposed 



Cheers

260/191.4/185
Overall health (1-10):9
Energy level (1-10):9
Rocky Stage: Getting Strong Now
Today's Menu: Ground Beef and H20

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Dave:
    I am so glad we've "met"! I really appreciated the tip you gave me yesterday about only eating when hungry. I had a horrendously long day yesterday, and I was looking forward to a nice bowlful of grass fed ground beef when I got home. I fried a pound of it, put 8 oz. away to take to work the next day, and sat down to eat my supper. Only two bites later I realized that I wasn't hungry. Your words came back to me. I was tired but not hungry. I put the bowl into the fridge and went to bed. Down two pounds overnight for 3 total in two days! I wanted you to know that you're making a difference in my life. :-)
    Thanks again,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, I Tell You What: you are most welcome. (ZC) has a mind of it's own. If you honestly do what is right. You have a great chance of losing weight, if that is what you need. I will also let you know that if you are taking Meds for HBP you might want to monitor that closely. I was on low does meds, but (ZC) lowered my HBP and I am off them now. Keep in the Fight and Battle On Sharon!!!

    (ZC)ers By Your Command

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Dave:
    Thanks for the BP tip. When I first began my primal/paleo journey back in Aug '09, I was on two different BP meds. Fifty pounds later, I'm off one completely, and taking only half of the other one. I donate blood every 2 months and always get my BP checked, plus I have a monitor at home. Last month my doctor told me that another 25 pounds should see me off the medication altogether! Yay! I've been on this crap for close to 30 years.
    Thanks,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon, lets hope that the 25 come off soon and you will be able to get of the med. I hope all is well on your journey. Battle On!!!

    (ZC)Is it any wonder

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. this blog is my homepage I start tomorrow i m at 240 need to lose 50lbs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi anonymous, I almost missed this posting because it is a few postings back. If I can be of any assistance please post again or email me. Fight the Good Fight and Battle On!!!

    (ZC)Take Your Stand

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. anon here just got back from store bacon and eggs for breakfast -bought ten lb ground buffalo and a 6lb custom hand made corned beef brisket have it on lo in crockpot had a cup of coffee this morning need to cut that out also got 5 lbs Black Forest Dry Rubbed Bacon .I will be slaughtering to meat rabbits later -

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi anon, glad to see you are giving Zero Carb a try. I ate bacon and eggs this past weekend as a treat. I rarely eat either. My main source of protein is whole Fatty Beef Brisket and Ground Beef. I eat all the fat. I only eat when I am hungry. Than means NO: Breakfast, Lunch or Diner. It means eat only when your hungry and STOP when you feel satisfied. No need to wipe your plate clean. You will find with time what your "Right" consumption will be with time. Never go hungry Never overeat. Drink when thirsty. In My opinion leave dairy products alone. All of them. When you get to your "Right" weight then you can experiment with it.Don't over do the salt. It retains water. The Bacon I use is Low in Sodium and Sugar Free. You really need Fat. Try not to eat too lean. The Fat will give you Energy.

    Lots of folks that start Zero Carb make it too complicated. Make it simple. Find the Type of meat that works for you and stick with it. I can't mention enough times how important Fat is.

    You need to give it a minimum of Six weeks to kick in. Hang in there. You may get tummy troubles as your body adjusts. I did. Some Zero Carbers say not to drink coffee. IMO I don't see a big problem with it. If you continue to drink it don't use anything in it. Just Black. If you don't like the taste, Maybe you shouldn't be drinking it. Battle On!!!

    (ZC) The Long Haul

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...