Tuesday, March 29, 2011

3/29/2011 - Daily Update - Ready for Battle

Hello. My Spirits and Energy levels are on the climb.


My hand is healing really well. Still a bit tender but doing well. My Dear Wife did acknowledge that she thought my wound would heal quickly due to my consumption of Beef. Go figure. 


Over the weekend I caught a health show on Fox News. Several subjects were talked about. A couple caught my undivided attention. Dr. Isadore Rosenfeld was a guest on the show. He is an elderly old school doctor. What he said surprised me. He stated that you don't need to take a Multivitamin. He stated that you should be able to get all your nutrition through a balanced diet. OK I know. His interpretation of a balance diet is different than mine: = Fat+Meat+H20= Balanced Diet. Hey at least he wasn't pushing the pills unless you had a major deficiency in a certain area.


Next subject Coffee. Well the Dr. Rosenfeld discussed a new study about how drinking coffee was health. This particular study was done with women. Yes, it was positive and was related to cancer. When asked how about men, he replied that the official study would come out at a later date, but the results were basically the same. Well Dave why are you interested in that? Good Question Sharon. She is smart and cute to boot. Anyway I am interested because like I revealed a few posts back, I have been drinking plain black coffee for over five months and it did not change my weight loss. It does not give me headaches, make me dizzy or anything. I have gone several days without it and suffer no withdrawal. I still enjoy the taste and I will continue to drink it. I have posted before there are too many Pros & Cons studies out there to really know who to believe. I just found it interesting that this Doctor stated it.


So I am planning to go to The Woodlands Art Festival on April 9th. My best friend should be attending the event with me. My DW went with me back 2008 and did not care for it and does not want to go back. Worse case scenario I will go by myself. I had a ton of fun the last time and I went and I am sure this one will be better than ever. 


I am rolling with the punches that life throws at me. I won't let mishaps get me too down. I love this way of eating and the New Life it has opened for me.  


Keep in the Fight, Stay Strong and always Battle On!!!Have a Great (ZC) Day my Friends and Zero Carb Family.



(ZC) Never a Dull Moment



Cheers

5 comments:

  1. hi dave ,is it ok to freeze brisket after cooking ? thanks ,king james

    ReplyDelete
  2. i made an account just need to learn how type with one hand -king james

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi king james, nice to see you back. it has been a super busy day and I will make an update later today. Sorry again about your hand. "I feel your pain" well, sorta.

    Yes do indeed freeze your Brisket. I suggest to put 1/2 to 1 pound portions in zip lock sandwich bags. Push all the air out and then place all the little bags in a l gallon size freezer bags and place them in the freezer. I do it all the time and you have a meal ready to eat in minutes.

    I do recommend not microwaving the meat in the plastic bags. Just empty the contents in a bowl and nuke. Bowls are better than plates if you have a lot of liquid tallow and juices like mine. Battle On!!!

    (ZC) Wounded Warriors Unite

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! You anticipated my question quite nicely! And, yes, black coffee is a treat that I'm not planning to give up anytime soon, either. It took me a long time to get used to drinking it black, and now I prefer it that way. I don't perceive any ill effects either.
    Three cheers for black coffee!
    ~Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon, Hip, Hip, Hooray! Hip, Hip, Hooray! Hip, Hip, Hooray! How about that Sharon lol! Hey I hope all fares well with you my friend. Keep the Faith and Battle On!!!

    (ZC) Java, Java

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...