Tuesday, March 8, 2011

3/8/2011 - Daily Update - Zero Carb

What is Zero Carb Indeed? I did a quick Google search and this is what I got:

Zero Carb Diet aka No-carbohydrate diet:no-carbohydrate diet (no-carb diet) is described as human carnivorism. It excludes dietary consumption of all carbohydrates and suggests fat as the main source of energy with sufficient protein. A no-carbohydrate diet is ketogenic, which means it causes the body to go into a state of ketosis (converting dietary fat and body fat into ketone bodies and using them to fuel the entire body and up to 95% of the brain. The remaining 5% still runs on glucose which is adequately supplied by converting dietary protein via gluconeogenesis or by converting glycerol from the breakdown of fat). It uses mainly animal source foods and requires a high saturated fat intake. –Wikipedia-

It means what? Hey I am no nutty professor, but I Tell You What: it works and it works well and safely for me. Well how do you know Dave? Good Question. This is a well tuned audience that is not going to let me just throw out a bold statement like that without question. I have been Zero Carbing for over (8) eight months and I have lost a total of 70 lbs. I had labs in December and in January showing everything was in range. My LDL’s were at 141 according to the December labs. So in January I had a VAP cholesterol test. This test measures the particle size of the LDLs. The results for me = pattern A. 

LDL Size Pattern: Reported as one of three categories -- A, A/B or B. In pattern A, the LDL molecules are larger and less dense, making them easier for the body to remove. In pattern A/B, there is a combination of light and dense molecules. In pattern B, smaller, high-density molecules predominate. According to Atherotech, patients with small, dense LDL particles (pattern B) have a four-fold greater risk of developing heart disease than patients with LDL size pattern A. –Atherotech-

Everyone has one of these three patterns. Without detailed cholesterol screening you will never know. The basic screening of LDLs you get at the Docs office is just calculated. Just look at the results. You will see next to the LDL Cal or Calc or C. This indicates a calculation and does not take particle size into account. Without the additional screening my Doc would have prescribe  cholesterol lowering drugs. No thank you. I demanded and took the VAP and it proved me right. So I have healthy LDLs. Enough about that. Jeez!

I have energy like no tomorrow. I feel great. My attitude towards life has been renewed. I have had (0) zero cravings for carbohydrates for my entire journey through Zero Carb. 

So this goes out to "Before It's News". I am privileged to be here. I will to tell you my Journey through Zero Carb from the very start. I have a journal that is archived (8) eight months. I will post an additional post of an entry from that journal every evening (Central Time USA). They will be titled "Zero Carb Day 1" and so on. You will get the whole story of my journey from the beginning.  So buckle up. It has been quite a ride and I am still going strong.

Have a Great (ZC) Day my Friends and Zero Carb Family. Keep the Faith and Battle On!!!

(ZC) The Journey Begins



Cheers
260/189.8/185
Overall health (1-10):9
Energy level (1-10):9
Rocky Stage: Getting Strong Now
Today's Menu: Ground Beef and H20

2 comments:

  1. Excellent post David. You get ZC. Still, be careful... I had problems for 2 days after eating a steak in a restaurant that was served covered with sauce (even if I had ask no sauce). I tried to scrap it off but BANG, I suffered two days of cravings, bad sleep and irritable mood...

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pro(ZC)ac, Sorry to hear about your experience. I tell you what: Restaurants are getting more and more unattractive to me. Besides "Americas" there are not too many places I would like to go. Well any Brazilian Steak house should be good, I guess lol! Thanks for stopping by. Believe me your support is priceless. Keep the Faith and Battle On!!!

    (ZC)ers Beware

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...