Thursday, March 31, 2011

3/31/2011 - Daily Update - Taking It Easy

Greetings. My Spirits and Energy are good.


I am taking it a little easy y'all. The healing continues to run smoothly. Things are coming around. I am not 100% yet, but I am getting there.


"Take Me High, Take Me Low. Take Me Where I Want to Go. You cant't Take my Joy from Me. Since I found Serenity."


I tell you a something I found a little interesting: Well I was on this Men's Health website and read an article named "The 9 Healthiest Canned Foods" or similar. Anyhow, I thought to myself "OK here we go with the fruits and vegetables.Well I would not have believed it myself unless I read it. So here are the candidates:


  1. Canned salmon 
  2. Canned pinto beans 
  3. Canned tomatoes 
  4. Canned smoked mackerel 
  5. Canned sardines 
  6. Canned kidney beans 
  7. Canned pumpkin 
  8. Canned clams 
  9. Canned chicken 
Well I thought this was just great. Why? Jeez just look at all that protein. No it is not canned Rib eyes or Ground Beef or even Beef Brisket. You just have to agree that a non-zero carber would pick 5 out of 9 choices to be protein. Well at least it took me by surprise. Like I said I was expecting just fruits and vegetables. Hey not one fruit listed. I know it is not much, but it is a start. 

Another article I read was talking about fat composition. Back in the day the doctors would say if you have a certain "fat" shape example Pear shape or Apple Shape you were prone to certain illnesses. Well I read were that was wrong and that being FAT or OBESE is the cause of a lot of illnesses. Well double DUH. I think some of these scientist have nothing better to do. Jeez!

Yes my Friends and Zero Carb family. Being pear or apple shape is not your worries. It is all the dang FAT hanging on your body that is unhealthy for you. Wow, that did not take brain surgery. INCREDIBLE!

Again, I am no nutty professor but you just gotta use common sense.Being FAT = UNHEALTHY PERIOD. 

Have a Great (ZC) Day my Friends and Zero Carb Family. Fight the Good Fight!!!

(ZC) Baby Steps
Cheers

2 comments:

  1. I, for myself, stay away from any sort of canned food because they all have added chemicals that are, very often, MSG or derivate of MSG, a substance that can simulate the effect of sugar on your body.

    The label of some cans may say Natural Flavors, but this is where they hide the MSG. And you do not want to eat this; it is neurotoxic and an appetite stimulant. Also, there are many studies saying that the coating of the interior of cans releases chemicals that interfere with your hormonal system...

    I believe that ZC is about eating the right food for our body; and this food should be fresh animal flesh, eggs and fat. Nothing else.

    But this comes from a very MSG sensible person so maybe you have to do your own experiences...

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pro(ZC)ac, Hey I agree with you 100%. I can't remember the last time I ate something form a can and I don't anticipate ever eating that kind of food again. I was so surprised that not one fruit made it to the list and the majority of the items were a source of protein that did not come from plants. I hope all is well with you my friend. Battle On!!!

    (ZC) The Real Deal

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...