Saturday, April 2, 2011

4/2/2011 - Daily Update - A Message to jimnpol

Greetings Friends and Zero Carb Family. My Spirits are getting higher everyday. My Energy is much better. I anticipated doing some yard work today. When I got home yesterday I started to do a little. Well I aggravated my wound a little. Jeez what an idiot lol. Not bad but, just a little aggravation in the hand. It was feeling so much better that I thought I could use it. Oh well.

Next is a response I started to post in the comment section of my last post. It became rather long so I thought  I would posted here. There are some good points for those just starting out on Zero Carb or need a good Kick in the Pants to Rev Up the Weight Loss.

Hey jimnpol, I tell you what: If you are eating dairy drop it like a bad habit. I mean all dairy what-so-ever. Don't eat planned meal times. Oh no! Eat when your body tells you it's hungry. While eating if you feel satisfied at one point just stop. So what if you have a plate half full. When hunger stops just stop eating and put up the food for another time. I tell you when I am oh so strict to these rules the weight comes off with ease.

We have to break old habits. Like "Clean Your Plate" or "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day"........No, No, and No.

We all have to LISTEN to our BODIES. It knows what it needs: Food when hungry, Water when thirsty.

If you are using any kind of artificial sweetener that is a big NO NO. If so drop it.

While trying to lose weight keep it simple. The majority of the time I eat Fatty Beef Brisket. In the past I ate Ground Beef that was simply crumbled in a pan. Yes, I do add some spices to give it some kick. If you are using Salt, use just a little or just drop it for now. I like to also cook the brisket on the pit about two hours to get a little flavor then finish it in the oven. The recipes I make are on occasions and maybe I will use them more often when I am down to where I need to be which is not at the moment, but I am getting there.

The most important thing is not to obsess over it. Make it a part of your regular day. Arm yourself with plenty of quick easy meals. I often grill lots of steaks and burgers and freeze them along with my daily meals.

A meal for me is always just a quick nuke away if I decide or can't cook anything. While out on the road: Burger Joints are the easiest places to go. Just order the meat. Tell them "I just want the meat in a container, No veggies or bread. So what if they look at you weird who cares. I don't know if you have a Jack in the Box where you live. The are the easiest of all. I say "Three large meat patties" and they say "That will be $2.98" They serve it in a nice little bowl. I get my free glass of water and a fork and knife from them and chow down. So easy even I can do it lol.

Have a Great (ZC) Day my Friends and Zero Carb Family. Now is the Time, It may never come Again!!!

(ZC) Draw the Line, Take a Stand
Cheers

10 comments:

  1. After reading today's post, I think I finally understood why your road on ZC is so fascinating to me.

    All your simple "NO-NO to dairy and sweeteners", all your tricks like "eat when hungry and stop when you are full", all your "tips on dealing with burger joints" and even your "limited salt" advice, all this makes ZC so easy to understand.

    In fact, what I see here with your approach of ZC, is not just a different selection of food to eat, but a total new attitude toward the way we should deal with food. You make it accessible with simple words, shorts sentences, omitting all the fuss around it.

    Finally, I adore your way of explaining things without giving, all the time, the scientific explanations of why we should do them (which I tend... ex: according to a new study we should or should not... ect...).

    Your are a pro of "popularization", making ZC accessible to all. Maybe you are the ONE that should write a book that goes directly to "the method", leaving out all the scientific research that backs it as, anyway, it was fantastically done recently by Gary Taube in his last book.

    Somewhere behind the simplicity ZC, hides a complicated monster that wants us NOT to eat this way. Someone has to kill him... maybe this is the real battle you frequently talk about???

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been eating some cheese and eggs here and there and a couple o drips of half and half in my jo I am pretty sure I am allergic to dairy I am slowly weaning it out thanks for the support Dave you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. also I have done the atkins diet about 3 times and always gained back the weight The first time I did it I lost weight like crazy I think thats why it is going slow this time I am not going back to being overweight !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jimmpol!!!

    Eggs are OK on ZC. They are extremely nutritious, full of vitamins and minerals and complete nicely meat. Do you have problem with them?

    As David said, cheese is a NO-NO. It stimulate insulin secretion for reasons that are not very clear and thus, even if it contain very few carbs, is extremely fattening. Cheese, as other dairy products, also contains caseomorphins which may create intense craving to eat more.

    So your decision de "get off" dairy is a good step!!!

    I do understand all the problems you had with Atkins; had the same... It is sad because the original Atkins diet was entirely ZC (you do not have this detail in the book...). It was probably done to make it more "politically correct" or something of this kind...

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pro(ZC)ac, I gotta tellya you are making a habit of embarrassing me lol! I am just a simple man with a complicated past.

    Simple is good. I like simple and simple likes me. I thought of a step by step cook book and maybe my story included of my Journey through Zero Carb.

    You have definitely inspired me on a topic for my next post. I will be gone tomorrow the whole day. Because of you my friend I will post a daily update tonight. This blog has an option to put a time and date of a posting to be published and I will try it tonight. I will set it for lets say 8:00 am Sunday morning. That is about the time I plan to leave to pick up my Mum. BTW I will be going without DW and In laws because they decided not to make the trip.

    Hey I gotta tellya another thing. I always love the way you give those scientific explanations. Don't stop please.

    Thanks again my friend. I am always happy to read your comments here. Keep the Faith!!!

    (ZC)ers Theres is no Other

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi jimnpol or can I just call you Jim? Awesome? Look here Jim (Oops) you are AWESOME indeed. You have taken a step to better your health. We are the odd balls of the eating world. So what? I am a proud Zero Carb loony tune. So what indeed!

    Jim (Oops again) I can promise you one thing: If you stick to Beef, Fat, and Water.Eat only when your Truly hungry. STOP when your Truly satisfied (Major Key). Don't Over Eat. Why should you? You will lose lots of weight and never, ever, ever gain it back. Too easy, too easy indeed my new Zero Carb Friend. Just do it. Don't make it complicated.

    I think that most folks on Zero Carb that follow the strict mantra and still don't lose weight fail because they over eat. It is just my observation and opinion.

    Listen to Pro(ZC)ac, this is a very wise person in the Art of Zero Carb, very wise indeed. Pro(ZC)ac knows the science behind it way better than I.

    I encourage y'all to use the comment section of any of the posts to communicate. Please be my guest. That goes to anyone at all. Battle On!!!

    (ZC) Anyway You Can

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very touched by your offer to let us use your blog in order to communicate with other followers. I did not expect less from you!!!

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pro(ZC)ac, no need to mention it. I value all Positive comments here. There can never be enough my Friend. Keep On Keeping On!!!

    (ZC)At Your Service

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. Couldnt agree more with that, very attractive article.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi wiqaeyas, thanks. Please do not post links to pharmaceutical companies. That is a big no, no. I reposted your comment minus the link.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...