Saturday, April 23, 2011

4/23/2011 - Daily Update - The Alpha, The Omega

Greetings Friends. My Spirits and Energy levels are good.

I got up really early this morning and have already eaten at the time of this post. I ate an omelet. Yes Dave we all know what an omelet is, but what consisted of yours? Wow do I have a spunky group today or what? Let me see ........ uummhh ..... I think I recognized that voice (voices?) and it appeared to be my new and very young (ZC) friend Sara. Well Sara to tell you the truth it was rather simple. It was made of Steak, Bacon, Pan Sausage, and of course Eggs. I had one small steak left in my stash. I fried up a couple of Jimmy Dean all natural (right?) Pan Sausage patties and three Rashers of Center Cut Thick Bacon. I then put all the meats on a cutting board and chopped them up. I left all the fat in the pan from the meats fried earlier and chopped up one small green onion (oh my) and sauteed it. I whisked three eggs in a bowl and added fresh cracked black pepper and a tap of garlic powder. I divided the chopped meat in half and put half up for another day and put put the other half in the pan with the green onions (oh my part 2). I poured the egg mixture over everything covered it and waited a few minutes. I then folded it in half and voilĂ  Omelet ala Dave. How easy, how yummy indeed.

I am on the back patio enjoying a cup of Java and a big nasty cigar listen to birds singing and a nice classical music mix on the boom box. At the moment I am listening to: Concerto For Two Violins, Largo ma non tanto JS Bach http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo0K_n3VLG4

Yikes!!! I am totally relaxed without a care in the world. Peace my friends, Peace. Get some. I promise you will Love It. Love It Indeed.

It is bright an sunny and cool at the moment. (DW) informed me that it was going to be a hot day. Jeez. I have tons of yard work today. Later I will grill up some emergency steaks and put some beef cheek in th Crockpot for tomorrows first meal of the day: Eggs and Barbacoa (beef cheek) for you non-Texan types.Ha!

Wow, I am sssooo relaxed I don't think I can get my lazy butt up lol. You know just sitting in the patio listening to nature with the classical music and looking at the oh so many birds and squirrels running and flying around just reminds me of the privilege I have of both worlds. I also hear the wind as it blows through the trees and the wind chimes singing their own songs. I gotta tellya I am in heaven right here, in my own little Sanctuary. Serenity at its best in my little world.

Have a Great (ZC) Day my Friends and Zero Carb Family. The Best is Yet to Come, Hang Tight and Always Battle On!!!

(ZC)ers The First, The Last
Cheers,

Dave

12 comments:

  1. I will not comment on the omelet recipe... and certainly not say what I think about all the tasty steak, bacon and sausage in it... nor I will make reference to the Java coffee, the birds singing, the lovely music or the nice weather... No.

    But I wil certainly react to the BIG NASTY CIGAR.

    Let me put it in very simple words: I am jealous; plain dead jealous.

    I could kill for a cigar...

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with pro(zc)ac, lets here a little more about that nasty cigar. I just love them myself. Man i could just close my eyes and imagine the morning you had. So live in paradise or what? Great post. Where do you get this stuff?

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here we go... it had to come one day... we finally found a problem associated with ZC: the tendency towards big nasty cigars......!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  4. All right Dave, Pro(ZC)ac and Simon I guess I have to join forces with you all. Cigars are great. The bigger and nastier the better lol. I do enjoy a good cigar.How many carbs are in them anyway?

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pro(ZC)ac, uh ha! A cigar lover? Well I tell you what: I have been smoking them on and off for a long, long time. It is mostly on the weekends when I am just chilling by myself. (DW) does not care for them so ..... what is a Cigar Aficionado to do? Well when you see one ask, because I don't know lol! Battle On!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is going to be a multi response to Pro(ZC)ac, Simon, and Bill.

    I suggest to we all meet and do a "Cigar Up". We can go to some fancy Cigar Bar and Light em Up! We had a real fancy cigar bar called Rio 24 Cigars. It closed due to disputes with the landlord.

    OK back to earth Dave. He If I were rich.... Again back to earth Dave.

    I am just glad to say to you fine folks that Light them if you have them.

    BTW if anyone on this little blog would know it would be Pro(ZC)ac. Does a Cigar have any carbs? I think not, but I don't know for sure. Hey this was fun.

    Fight the Good Fight my Friends and Always Battle On!!!

    (ZC)ers United

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does a cigar have any carbs? Logically, yes, because they are made from leaves of tobacco plants; but it would be 'fiber carbs" so no problem here. Anyway, there is no sugar absorption possibilities in the lungs.

    Of course, if they are flavored (with rum for example), maybe there is a risk but it would be a little quantity of carbs and only from the part of the cigar that we stick in our mouth...

    I never had cravings for sugar after smoking a big nasty cigar. Never. And since it is only an occasional indulgment...

    Should we rephrase ZC?.....

    ZC = Meat + H20 + cigars..................!!!!!!!!!

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pro(ZC)ac, well I knew I would get good answers from you concerning Cigars. I don't mess with the flavored ones anymore. I have stuck with the good old fashioned type for over 20 years.

    Hey (DW) and I took a nice evening stroll along The Water Way. We then parked ourselves on the sidewalk cafe in front of Hubble and Hudson. I smoke a big nasty cigar with a cup of Java and (DW) ate a small order of coconut gelato.

    BTW I vote "YES" for ZC= Meat+H20+cigars lol!!! Simon? Bill?

    (ZC) Big and Nasty

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. Count me in. Yes.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know I just have to tell you that I really enjoyed the youtube link. I followed your lead and listened it to with my morning meal and it was so relaxing. I also have an nice outdoor patio to enjoy meals when the weather permits. Keep keeping our spirits up Dave it is appreciated. I am in the battle with you.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bill, you are included in the "Members Only" Cigar club lol!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jane, I am glad you enjoyed the music. The CD has a whole bunch of great classics. I will post them some day. Thank you for your nice comments. Battle On Jane!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...