Sunday, April 24, 2011

4/24/2011 - Daily Update - Happy Easter

Happy Easter All. My Spirits and Energy Levels are on the Up and Up!!

What a beautiful glorious Easter Sunday y'all! I got some good rest last night. I slept in late. I made breakfast for everyone.

First of all going back to last night. I put the Barbacoa (Beef cheek) in the crock pot with garlic and onions and covered that baby up. This morning the house was engulfed in that heavenly smell of the cooked Beef. Now that is a way a Zero Carber should have wake up too. Forget the morning cinnamon rolls.

OK back to this morning. I scrambled up a ton of eggs, and pan fried some of the Barbacoa, just to give it a little different taste and to firm it up. For the SADers in the house I made them taos and for ME I served a nice plate of eggs and Barbacoa. I put some homemade jalapeño hot sauce that I made yesterday. It is just fresh jalapeños that I fire roasted on the BBQ yesterday when I was grilling my emergency steaks. I put the cook jalapeños in a blender and puree them with a tap or two of oil.

The combination of the Barbacoa, eggs and the jalapeño hot sauce is out of this world. I was in pure ecstasy lol! Now I have a 10 /12 pound  Ham Shank in the roaster cooking away to be devoured by all later today. What side dishes will I make for the rest of the house? I dunno.

Have a Great (ZC) Easter my Friends and Zero Carb Family. Keep the Faith, Keep On Keeping On and Battle On!!!

(ZC) A Precious Gift
Cheers,

Dave

2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Dave. Don't eat too much ham.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane. Ham I am. Too much? Well what can I say. HA! It was sssooo good. I will have some today for my first meal. I added some of that jalapeño hot sauce to it. Battle On!!!

    (ZC) Ham it Up

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...