Wednesday, April 27, 2011

4/27/2011 - Daily Update - The Stranger You Know

Greetings Friends. My Spirits and Energy levels are good.

Today was quite a day. I have been bogged down with work. Hey that is a good thing. Why? Because I have a job. Some folks are unemployed or may be facing unemployment. I thank the good Lord everyday for the blessings he has bestowed upon me.

I called my Mum today. She is in San Diego staying with my sister. My recent trip there was mainly to drop her off. We started to talk about food. BTW my Mum is a VLCer. Hey that's a good thing. Her health is pretty good. Before she started that way of eating things were not that good for her. Now her health is much better. I don't think she would ever become a (ZC)er. Anyway we started to talk about Oxtails. My good fried Teri aka Cyber Mom made such a delicious dish of Oxtails at a dinner at her home at San Diego on my recent trip. My sister was in attendance at the dinner and she was impressed. Now my Mum was telling me that she and my sister was thinking of making them. Well, now I have Oxtails on my mind lol!!!

So who would have thought Oxtails would be a subject of attention. Not me. I am telling you good folks that these little morsels are oh so good. I do plan to make some soon. How? I dunno. I just might have to contact Cyber Mom Teri for her recipe. Ha!

Just a small story: This morning I was getting off an elevator and saw yet another former coworker from another department in the distance and waved to him. He really did not acknowledge me. That made me feel strange. I have always had a pretty good working relationship with him in the past and this little occurrence was odd. Well we were actually walking the direction and I caught up to him at an entrance to a hallway and I called him by name and he look at me amazed. He said "Wow David, I did not recognize you. I thought you  were a lost customer wandering around." Well that made me feel good. Why? Because that explained why he pretty much ignored my wave.

These types of incidents happen more and more often. Long time customers are shocked to see my transformation or coworkers from other departments have to take a double look. I have to say that it is really nice. So yes, I am "The Stranger You Know."

Have a Great Day my Friends and Zero Carb Family. Fight the Good Fight and Always Battle On!!!

(ZC) Step Out of the Shadows

 Cheers,

Dave

6 comments:

  1. Oohh oxtails. That sounds good Dave. I have never had them, but the picture you posted looks great.

    Maryzc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy this period being "The Stranger You Know" because when your body will decide he has reached your optimal weight (even if you have a goal, you will continue to eat ZC forever so it is your body that will decide your final weight, not you...), everyone will stop commenting your weight loss...

    So enjoy your actual ZC pathway... it is the fun part of it... not that it gets booring afterward... but lets say: just enjoy!!!!!!

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the clue is in the braising liquid. I made some here in Hawaii in the crockpot. blech...
    teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maryzc, Yes good indeed.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pr(ZC)ac, yeah I take it as it comes. It is real nice. (ZC) does have a mind of it'w own and I can't wait to see the final ME! Thanks for stopping by. Stay Strong!! Live Long!!

    (ZC)ers Fun Indeed

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Teri aka Cyber mom. OK rub it in LOL!!! I am gonna.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...