Saturday, May 21, 2011

5/21/2011 - Daily Update - Smooth Sailing

Good Tidings All. My Spirits and Energy Levels are climbing.

I am glad to report that my little Experiment is yielding nice results. So far, so good. What a difference a few adjustments can make.

I made a new batch of Barbacoa (Beef Cheek). It is quickly becoming a favorite. This is a Fatty Beef that has a strong almost "gamey" taste to it. I have been slow cooking it in the oven. I cook 5 to 6 pounds at a time. I cook it at 275 degrees for 6 hours. Man this meat almost melts in your mouth. Wow  what a taste. (DW) has grown to love it herself. She has asked me to make her a breakfast taco out of it along with an egg. I gotta tellya that it is a magic combination "hint", "hint" ........... what? I did not say anything ........... or did I?

(DW) has the weekend off and we a re celebrating her Dad's Birthday. I think he turned 84 years old. So I am at her command. HA! Hey that is the way it works. Hey I don't mind.

I have yard work to do this weekend, oh joy! Oh Boy!!

Funny thing. I was talking to a church member that is organizing a Men's Retreat that I will be attending from 6/2/2011 - 6/5/2011. Which ends on Sunday Mass. Anyway he was explaining to me the things that I would need to take and so on. I happen to mention that I was on a special diet and had special eating requirements. So I explained that I only ate meat and drank H20 and black coffee. I must have mentioned at least three different times that I did not eat any starches whatsoever, yet he asked me if I ate fruits or veggies. Jeez! At the end of the day he understood "MEAT ONLY" ! Hey he was a very nice gentlemen. Don't get me wrong. He was just extremely "Old School".

Have a Great (ZC) my Friends and Zero Carb Family. Battle On!!!

(ZC) The Journey of your LIFE
Cheers,

Dave

4 comments:

  1. That beef cheek sounds good. I like game. I have eaten wild boar, wild turkey, and deer. I need to locate some of this beef cheek and try some. I saw your instructions in the recipe tab.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. your spirits are up. I can tell in your writing. You really have me thinking on how you use the Beef Cheek with your meal. All will be known shortly. Very interesting Dave.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara, Beef Cheek is oh so good. Try and find some. You won't be disappointed.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bill, yes my Spirits are much better thank you very much. Glad you are enjoying the blog.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...