Monday, May 30, 2011

5/30/2011 - Update - Experiment Exposed Part Two: The Results

Now for the Rest of the Story:

Experiment Exposed Part Two: The Results.

Like I posted the last recorded weight was 185.2 lbs. on 5/2/2011. About a week later I started the "Experiment". I am comfortable enough with Zero Carb that I know that no matter the results Zero Carb would always bring me back to where I need to be if necessary. Well in this case there was no worries or was there?

Yes I weight myself here and there, but not everyday. At one point I gained a little, really not much. I almost always have a bounce after an all time low.

 I can tell you this: I just love the Omelet. yes I do. The taste to me is outstanding. I eat it nice and slow. Real slow. I enjoy each bit and make it last as long as I can.

Enough with the food Dave. This is the results part, so get on with it. Wow I here and obey. HA!

First I will let some Pictures do some talking:


I am happy to report an all time low on Zero Carb, but not only that. No Sir, No Ma'am. Not only did I lose weight. I dropped not one, but two inches in the waist. Y-E-S!!!! I now wear a size 34 pant. Jeez I have not worn that since High School. I went to a get together last night at my youngest sister's house. In attendance was my other younger sister (by 1 1/2 yrs)  and my older brother who just returned home form an overseas job in the Middle East.They all had their spouses and children present. All were in "Shock and Awe" at my weight loss. My sisters said "Enough Already" with the weight loss. They think I am too narrow. No not in the head, in the waist lol!

Ladies and Gentlemen may I have undivided attention Please. I am very proud to announce that I had an all time low on Zero Carb = 181.8 lbs.

I was hoping to having a "Crossing the Goal" ceremony for my 179 lbs Mini Goal, but what the heck. I will take this loss along with the two inch waist reduction. I tell you what: I know the day is coming for that and I am confident that it won't be too long. Hey I have Zero Carb on my side. What do I have to Fear. BTW this the lightest weight I have been PERIOD in my adult life. My weight graduating high school was at 185 lbs. I looked height to weight proportionate at that time. Granted I was much more muscular at that point of my life.

I will be on a Spiritual men's Retreat with my church from 6/2/2011 to 6/5/2011. I really wanted to start my old posting of daily updates with daily weigh-ins and menus like days of past on my Blog. I just might put that off until I return from the Retreat. I will start with that Monday on 6/8/2011 with a new Weekly Update and move on from there. I an also just considering the "Weigh-in" to be only on Mondays. I will still list my daily menu. I will see by then.

Have a Great (ZC) Day my Friends and Zero Carb Family. Battle On!!!

(ZC)ers The Beat Goes On

Cheers,

Dave

13 comments:

  1. Lucky I'm in Hawaii as I get to see your reveal first hand. Yea for you. Bob says your a success for sure. I'll be bragging on you....
    teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant you're.....
    teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Cyber Mom, Thanks for the compliments. Please thank Bob for me. Believe it or not, you have been a real source of support for me. Your comments and openness to me made me feel right at home with Zero Carb. I am still thinking about those Ox-tails. Jeez those were the best. Thanks as always. Keep the Faith and Always Battle On!!!

    (ZC)ers Family and Friends

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just fantastic David!!! I was sure your experience would give some results. Somewhere, somehow, on ZC, we get this inner feeling of what our body needs to nourish itself. Of course, this comes only after many serious months of devoted ZC eating…

    I see that you are having two meals a day and it seems to work well for you. Good. This is the way we should all go. When we say “eat only when you are hungry” it do not mean to eat a bite here and there, it means more having the number and size of meals you feel comfortable with.

    Adding eggs was an excellent idea. First, they are a nutritious bomb of proteins, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Then, they tend to boost your metabolism because of the composition of protein: one eggs brings in 70 calories but your body burns 90 calories to digest it… Finally, eggs are versatile because you can eat them many ways and everyday. I think they are the perfect side dish with a steak, as the plate seems more complete. I never go a day without having 2-3 eggs…

    You are also experimenting a situation that, for myself, I find incredible. You admit not caring too much for the cheese anymore; isn’t this fascinating? Cheese is, especially in an omelet, the ingredient that boosts the flavor. By some means, on ZC, our body looses interest in certain foods. Anyway, they are usually items that we do not really need as meat is a “complete food”. I was always a big fan of salt and could not imagine living without it and then, a few months ago, I decided to stop it. I did it quite easily and never got salt cravings afterward; I do not care for salt anymore. The same happened with sparkling water; now I just have my plain flat water and I am happy. This is so incredible especially after stopping addictive substances like sugar and alcohol… It gives us a great sensation of power over “destructive” behaviors. It gives us the strong sensation that we now control our life and that it is limitless. But to stay in thought with ourselve, we must never forget how miserable and powerless we were on a high carbohydrate and addictive diet…

    Your new pictures are great!!! Are you really down to 34 inches of waist? Incredible. But you should not “overshop” new clothes because I am afraid you will continue to loose weight… I am now fitting comfortably in 30 inches pants. I never thought, but never, that I would wear this size again in my life…

    Of course now people are beginning to say: “Enough weight lost…” But it is not to them to decide NOR it is to you. Just eat what makes you feel good and going, and let your body decide for the rest.

    Isn’t life great on ZC???!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  5. David you are doing so great. I just love the reports. Eggs, cheese and beef cheek. Who would have thought. Wow and that 34 inch waist. Man you are going all the way. Don't listen to the family members that don't support you. zero carb knows when to stop. Keep up the good work. Have fun on your retreat. Nothing wrong with the spiritual life as long as you don't shove it down anyones throat and that does not seem to be your style. ~Maryzc~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome results, awesome food. Dave what can you say to a person that is dedicated to zero carb as you? You are one of the most dedicated posters of zero carb. I would have a hard time finding someone to top you, even at your forum. You may speak of other things going on in your life, but you always seem to refocus your blog on zero carb. Please keep the blog going more people appreciate it than you know.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. WTG Dave, I agree with all the others, you have made some great choices and you are not afraid to mix it up. You continue to inspire me on my journey with zero carb.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. David I do admire you very much. I don't know if I would have dared stray off the beaten path. You have what it takes to get it done. Like others have said, Thanks for the blog and the inspiration. I really love the attitude and the fortitude you display here. -Bill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pro(ZC)ac, thanks for all the nice compliments and insight. Yes 34 inch waist indeed. Sparkling water is interesting. I started to drink it off and on just for a change. I am not using it as a crutch for soda. I used to drink Diet Coke like water at one time. I dropped it cold turkey as well as all my other carb addictions and I have never looked back. I can't, I have no choice, there is no turning back for me. I do not jest when I say this is my last stand.

    Thanks again Pro(ZC)ac for your wonderful comments, insight and sharing your thoughts and experiences. Battle On my Friend!!!

    (ZC)ing with Friends and Family

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Maryzc, yes the omelet is a magic combination for me. Every bite is good as the last one. Thanks for stopping by and for your nice comments.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jane, Awesome indeed. Thank you. Yes I try to keep focused on Zero Carb at all times. Why? Well this is the whole reason for this Blog.

    As far as the forum (ZIOH) is concerned: I beg to differ. There are folks there that would do circles around me with their knowledge and experience. Charles for one and Margot for another. That is just the tip of the iceberg. So I thank you for that great compliment, but I can not and will not claim to be anything other than just an enthusiastic novice with a lot of will-power and dedication. Keep the Faith!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sara and thank you. Choices are always hard to make and there are no guarantee. All I can do is try and see. Hey, that is what makes this way of eating interesting. I just love it.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Bill and you are very welcome my friend. It take some faith to stray. I can always to back to the bare bones basics and get to where I need to be. No Fear, No Doubt!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...