Friday, June 17, 2011

6/17/2011 - Update - From Out of the Shadows

Howdy All. Great Day to be a (ZC)er. My Sprits are Soaring and my Energy levels are on the up and up.

Great Day Indeed!!! Wow what a response to the last post. Nice to see, as someone put it, folks come out of the shadows and comment. Very, very nice.  I want to thank all that commented. I am again very touched at the responses.  I am both honored and embarrassed once again.

I have to apologize about even having the thought of shutting down the Blog. No it will not be shut down. Yes I will post less because of time constraints. I am on a Spiritual Journey that will take precedence.  It has awakened in me and I will follow where it leads.  This is very important for me and I just know it is not a phase, but a lifelong pilgrimage.

What can I say? What can I say to a group of folks that showed so much love and kindness? I have never met you, except for Teri aka Cyber Mom, and yet you have taken the time to make such nice comments in response to a post. This is just a little spec in the huge cyber world. It is amazing that some folks from who knows where, from all walks of life come together to share some comments about a common belief. Now it is not such a small belief. Why? Well I will tell you what I think, that is if I have permission from my “Cyber Mom” lol!  OK, just being silly. Yes I will tell you what I think why this common belief is so important to me. Our common belief sets around the way of eating (WOE). Sounds small at first then …………. Eureka!!! Eating is LIFE!!!

Yes my Friends and Zero Carb Family this is a big DEAL indeed. Way of Eating sets off a whole chain of events. Mainly and Chiefly HEALTH. How simple is that? Even I can grasp it. Jeez! Those of you that have followed this Journey of mine from the start darn well know that I was on the path of destruction; a path of “No Return”.  I reached my highest weight of 280 lbs, brought it down to 230 lbs or 235 lbs with VLC then slid my way back to 260 lbs with no hope in sight. I discovered (ZC) while researching VLC, looking for recipes, looking for hope, looking for answers.  Thank goodness for the ZIOH Forum. Thank goodness for all the nice folks over there that are so supportive of me, especially in the beginning stages. Yes I did not ask for much help, but just the nice comments, the cheering on ……. Well that is a type of support on its own. So that is why I will not tolerate any bashing of ZIOH on my Blog. No, not at all. I may have a difference of opinion with some folks there, but I would be shocked if folks that visit here don’t have the same with me.

For those who do not know I will beat this drum once again. Some may think “Dave has dedication and has given his all to Zero Carb”. Well folks as I have stated on many occasions: This is my last stand. Failure is not an option. I cannot fail, I will not fail. I cannot afford to fail. If I should stumble, should I fall, well there may be no turning back for me. As strong as I may seem, as dedicated as I have been, I know my weaknesses. I truly admire those that are able to give it a second, third or more “Go”. You my Friends and Zero Carb Family are much more powerful than me.  I humbly bow my head and heart to you. 


Have a Great Zero Carb Day my Friends and Zero Carb Family. Battle On!!!


(ZC)ers From the Shadows we Rise
Cheers,


Dave

22 comments:

  1. You are welcome Dave. I feel as this is the beginning of something wonderful.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, I got in near the start of the comments. You said a mouth full. Eating is life. Some people just don't get it. Can you imagine the food stores if everyone went zero carb. I know that question is not original..........

    Be strong for yourself and your family dave. No matter what your dw may say. You will do her a favor by being healthy and strong for her as time goes on. ~Maryzc~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see back in action today. Very nice update. You don't take much credit where credit is due. You are a humble person. Thanks for the assurance that the blog will be open for us to read and comment if one feels like it.

    I have tried some of the recipes and I am loving the brisket. I wish you would post more. I made your omelet and it is to die for. Thanks for sharing such great zc treats.

    :-)Cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stimulating... energetic... dynamic... spirited... this blog is what ZC food is a to a ZC person: a mouthfull of life!!!!!!!!

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you have rallied the troops dave. I am happy to be here. I am feeling a little excited by this. I wish I would have come out of the dark sooner. Thank you.

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  6. killer picture dave. you have a knack for the pictures you post. this place has a lot of extras that takes a little care to do. you don't have too, yet you do. that should show something about your character. i know i appreciated and i know the others here, lurkers or not also appreciate it.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree with Bill. Your selection of pictures, titles and zc phrases or whatever you call them are very nice and time consuming. These extras show some care. you make this place interesting and addictive. Thanks for all you do.-Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stay strong dave. I understand all about failure. So I like the "fight the good fight" tag that you use among the oters. Real cool. Thanks. Great post. Real uplifting. Weekly sounds good. Pacing yourself will benefit all. I agree about the forum. No need to be negative here about them or anything. It will only ruin the good vibrations here. Peac Out.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Out of the shadows describes me perfectly. I tend to sit on the sidelines. I am a little shy at times. On the internet there is no need for that, but old habits are hard to break. Great post, very stimulating. Keep it up.**Marcus**

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is there room for one more? I guess these last couple of posts were calling cards for me. I am guilty of just lurking and not commenting. My heart sank when i thought this blog was going down. Glad to see it still lives. I will try to comment more often. @@Jenifer

    ReplyDelete
  11. dave great place you have here. I love your gusto and lust for life. You seem to have a grip on "our" way of eating. Yes I am a zc'er too. Join the club. I guess you can call me a shadow warrior lol. I have been eating this way most my life. I just did not care for veggies or fruits much. I gave them totally up about five years ago. I continue to read a lot of journals on ZIOH. I got hook on yours from the get go and followed you here. You are like a breath of fresh air. You are different, you give a new life to a subject that can be dull and boring. How many times can you really talk about eating meat lol! You have a real gift and you share it with all. I guess your resident guru "Pro(ZC)ac" hits it on the head with all his comments. Now that dude has it down pat and gives a good balance to this place. Love this place, try to keep it going if you can. -Nikita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sara. We will see. Only time will tell. I just want to take it day by day.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Maryzc, strong indeed. I will stay Strong and I will continue the Fight. The Battle still rages and I am in it for the long haul.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cat, you are welcome. More recipes. Yes that is dear to my heart, at this time I don't plan on posting more anytime soon. I would like to in the future.

    Cheers,


    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Pro(ZC)ac, you have summed it all up really nice. Thank you for all you do.

    Cheers,


    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Taylor, do you hear the call? I know I do. It is never too late. Take a stand and defend the line. No Surrender, No Retreat!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Bill and thank you. Yes I do care and I try to add a little something extra to a post. I think folks like it, I hope they do.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jane and Thank you. It is just who I am. I really do try to make things special if I can. I am glad you enjoy them.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Simon, thank you. Wise words. Pacing is good and yes I am not one who cares for folks going out of the way to be negative. I really don't have time for that. Those folks can stay away and go somewhere were others feed on it. I have no time or patience for it here or anywhere.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Marcus and thank you. You are right. No need to be shy on the net. Come out and comment anytime. You are always welcome here.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Jenifer and thanks. Wow your name brings back memories. There was a Jenifer on the forum that I miss very much. I felt a special connection to her spiritually. I think about her form time to time and I regret not getting her email address. I just hope that if she should ever stumble upon this blog that she would contact me via the Blog's email. "You are my Sunshine".

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  22. HI Nikita, thank you so much for all the nice comments. Hey I bet it feels good to come out of the dark. You are correct about Pro(ZC)ac. He really adds something special here. I will do my best to keep this place going. That I promise. For how long remains to be seen. Time will tell.

    (ZC)er Still Standing.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...