Tuesday, June 21, 2011

6/21/2011 - Update -The Double Whammy

I have been truly Blessed. Today I celebrate two big events.

First: as of today I have been one solid year on Zero Carb. I have been strong and had Zero Cheats. Hey I am human and while some things looked good, smelled good, brought back carb infested memories of momentary pleasures .......... I stood my ground and resisted the temptations. I hope you don't mind that I am proud of myself. For me this is a big, big, big accomplishment.

I fought hard for every second, minute, hour, day, week, month  and year that I have held the line. Yes my Friends and Zero Carb Family. I have been here. I have been here standing guard. I have kept my shield up and my spear pointed towards the enemy. I did not falter in my duties. I did not let one of those bastards through the line. I was locked in Mortal Combat everyday and though there were times that I questioned my Resolve, I wondered if I had the Will or the Strength to carry on. I simply refused to go down. I found that ounce of Strength. That glimmer of Hope. Yes my Friends and Zero Carb Family, those were the things that made me Rise to the occasion and rally the the Will and Courage to "Stay in the Fight" and "Battle On". This is my Last Stand, yes I have said it over and over again. While many if not most of you are able to recover and start again if you should fall. I am not so sure of myself. I want to think that I could, but at last ......... that may not be a reality for me. I don't know and I sure as hell don't want to find out. So instead I muster all that I have inside and move forward. When pushed I push back harder. When tempted I use counter measures. When all seems lost, I find a way to win the day. I have too. I do not have a choice. I want to live a long and healthy life and this is the path that I plan to stay on forever.

Hey I heard a rumor that this bozo promised some update slash compare and contrast pictures. Well lets just see if we can do something about that.

(Click on Photos to enlarge)
























Second: I have been at or below my last Mini Goal weight and I am comfortable to "Cross the Goal". Yes my Friends and Zero Carb Family. That last Mini Goal is now officially HISTORY ... Gone ... Never to be seen again ....... Kicked to the curb ...... OUTTA-HERE ... SCRAM ............

So now I will set another Mini Goal of 169 lbs. Wishful thinking? I dunno. I originally thought 185 lbs would be a prime weight for me. Now??? Who knows? I don't. Oh yeah ......... I guess Zero Carb may have an inside track on that. YES INDEED!!!

I hope you enjoyed the pictures. I tried my best to simulate the "In Progress" pictures as close as possible to the "Before" pictures. Yes, I did call them "In-progress" because: "It ain't over until it's over". Guess what? IT AIN'T OVER ....... No not by a long shot. How low can you go? Do you really want to know? Yes, please!

What will another Year on Zero Carb bring me? Joy, Peace, Well Being, Great Health .............. I know, yes I will sum it up and say that it will bring me:

PuRe SeReNiTy

"Take me High, Take Me low, Take Me Where I want to Go .......... You Can't take my Joy form me, since I found  Serenity."

Have a great (ZC) day my Friends and Zero Carb Family. Keep the Faith and Always Battle On!!!

(ZC)er Can You Hear Me NOW

Cheers,

Dave

18 comments:

  1. Incredible results. I know you have be on cloud nine. Congrats on the weight loss. Keep doing your thing. I am hooked. :-)Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photos Dave ! Keep 'em coming'

    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG ,,,,,, dave I am so proud of you! Totally outstanding transformation.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures. You are an inspiration to us all. I really appreciate your dedication and can do attitude towards you goals. We can all learn and lesson form you. Thank you for all you do.~Maryzc~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only say WOW!!!

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  6. We hear you Dave, talk to us. Your doing so well. You are a great example of what can be done when you focus on what's in front of you and not too far in the future. I can truly say that we are all proud of you. **Marcus**

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing, wonderful, inspiring, unbelievable,way cool, over the top, hard work, beautiful, crazy good, powerful, wonderful, battlicious, brave, smart, intelligent, sincere, truthful, gritty, sympathetic, insightful, reasonable, eccentric, studious....."Battle on".....congratulations
    teri

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agree with Teri .......... I could not have said it better.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teri has it spot on! Your cyber mom has got it right. You give hope to all. Yes, "Battle on"!

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cat, thank you. Yes I am still floating HA! Do yourself a a favor and stayed hooked.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gaby, I listen and obey lol! I sure
    will. As soon as the occasion arises. Thanks for stopping by and Battle On!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Maryzc, I am just a man on a mission. Anyone can do this. Nothing special here. Thanks anyway.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Taylor, WOW INDEED!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Marcus and thank you very much. I try to take it day by day. That is the big trick for most. Don't get ahead of yourself makes a big difference.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Teri aka Cyber MOM. What can I say? You surely took it over the top. Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you!!!

    I hope all is well with you and Bob. Give him a big hello for me. Fight the Good Fight and Always Battle On!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sara and thank you. Storms are brewing in your eyes.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Bill, yes Teri is a dear and I am thankful for her. Battle on my Friend!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jane, thank you. I am a little Proud of myself ......... OK I am plenty proud of myself lol!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...