Monday, July 11, 2011

7/11/2011 -Update - Dave's (ZC) Grand Canyon Adventure Day 1 & 2 of 8

Great day all. My Spirits and Energy levels are on the up and up.

Where to start? So many things, so little time.

First of all I will lightly touch on the Family Reunion. What a blast. Let me tellya that folks were totally amazed at my 100 lbs + loss. Wow oh wow. I had a cousin that actually started to introduce himself to me before he caught himself. Jeez!
Ready to CHOW

BBQ Pork, Chicken and Beef.

I had so much fun visiting with lots of cousins and their kids of all ages. We talked all night. I did not want to leave.

On to the Grand Canyon Trip:

It turned out to be an eight day trip. It was a lot of fun with a little challenging situations. I just stuck with my new Motto: "There is Always a Way, Always". I will break this down to four "Two Day" posts. It should be interesting or will it? Well I hope you enjoy my little report.

Day one:

We started out early around 5:30 AM. We ate breakfast at home. I had my oh so good Beef Cheek Omelet with Naturally Lactose free Gouda (Finlandia Brand).



Our first stop was Amarillo, Texas (600 miles +) home of the 72 oz steak challenge. If you can eat it all it is free. Hmmm............ I think that I could do it without a doubt. The only thing is that you have to eat some potatoes, salad and a shrimp cocktail along with the steak. I believe that is what it is or close to it. Anyhow Amarillo was just for a nights rest and on to the main destination. That evening we ate at a Chinese buffet located next door. Not a good choice by far, but (DW) was craving stir fried rice. Yuk to the tenth degree. Hey this is her vacation too and we can't just cater to me. They had some grilled chicken and boiled shrimp that I could eat. The chicken was plain without marinade. It was eatable. Hey I would have fasted before I ate an ounce of carbs. No freaking way. If worst came to worst I could have made a mercy run to a fast food burger place later for some hamburger patties "There is Always a Way, Always". We had a good nights sleep. End of day one.

Day Two:

We started out around 7:30 AM after my scrumptious breakfast lol.

This was the breakfast offered. Ohh mystery sausage. Well it was real greasy.

Yes, I went for seconds. The breakfast was included. It was OK. No big frill. I ate a lot on purpose in preparation for the next 600+ leg of the trip. I wanted to make sure I had lots of protein and eggs are light for me. I passed on the mystery sausage on the second round.

Our destination on day two was Williams Arizona. It is about an hour from the South Rim entrance. Why there? Why indeed. Because I wanted to take a train "side trip" to the Grand Canyon. The Grand Canyon Hotel was right across from the Railroad. We took a side trip to the "Meteor Crater". Pretty neat.



Well we got to Williams in the evening just in time for dinner. I foud a nice restaurant "Red Raven" and had a 12 oz Rib eye steak.


I requested lots of butter on top.

Don't mind the red-orange stuff. It was from the potatoes I gave to (DW). Just call me Dave the enabler lol. 

After dinner we walked around a little in the pristine tourist town of Williams and checked out the shops. We then settled into a very nice and comfortable bed. End of Day Two.

Well folks I hope you enjoyed part one of four. I left out all the driving stuff. At this point I drove around 1300 miles or so. Hey who's counting? I am on vacation y'all.

The next two days were interesting and a bit of a challenge or was it? Stay tuned for "Dave's (ZC) Grand Canyon Adventure" days 3 & 4.

Have a Great (ZC) day my Friends and Zero Carb Family. The Fun has Just Begun!!!

(ZC) It's Not Just a WOE, It's an Adventure

Cheers,

Dave

14 comments:

  1. Who is this guy in the pictures??? Not a clue...

    "There is Always a Way, Always". This is 100% genuire David. I was missing this...

    Let's butter be our savior!!!!!!!!!!

    So glad you are back.


    Pro(Zc)ac

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Dave you have taken some simple words and taken it over the top. Where and How do you come up with this WONDERFUL STUFF?

    Just keep doing it the best you can. All here appreciate it very much. I know I do. It sounds like your vacation is about to get a little more interesting. So far so good. Nice meteor creator pic. ~Maryzc~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. Looking forward for the rest. Keep rocking dave!!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a Grand time lol! Nice update, always entertaining and wise. Thanks for sharing part of your life with us. "There is Always a Way, Always". Yes that is now copied and posted on my refrigerator. Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks like someone knows how to have fun. i agree with the rest. nice quote. is it a dave original? **Marcus**

    ReplyDelete
  6. another great "saying" from a "great guy". like maryzc said "wonderful stuff". did you miss your calling? i wonder. thank you for all you do and keep doing for us out here in cyber land. you are a great inspiration. i too can't wait to see the rest of your vacation.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Dave. Nice trip. Keep posting. Thanks for sharing.
    :-)Cat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pro(ZC)ac. Thanks for the nice comments. I hope you enjoy the next segment. Battle On!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Maryzc, thanks so much. What's in a word.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Sara, next one is coming soon. Thanks for stopping by.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Taylor, I thank you. I try my best. I kinda like the quote myself.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Marcus. Yes as far as I know. It just came to me. I don't remember ever reading it elsewhere.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jane. Wow you are too nice. My calling? Well......

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cat, thanks and you are welcome. I will try to keep it up.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...