Wednesday, July 13, 2011

7/13/2011 - Update - Dave's(ZC) Grand Canyon Adventure Day 3 & 4 of 8

Good Day All. My Spirits and Energy level are great.

Day 3


A most glorious day indeed. Why? Well why not?. ...............OK Dave, that did not make too much sense. Did it? Yes, a little more fun or was it? OK, OK, OK ........ anyway it was a glorious day because I got to sleep in a little. This is the day that we took an old fashioned train ride from Williams Arizona to The South Rim Entrance of the Grand Canyon.

First we ate breakfast at the Pine Country Restaurant. I had The Meat Lover's Omelet: Bacon. Ham and Sausage. It was pretty good. It's one of those old fashioned Mom and Pop type of place. Then we went across the street to the Railroad Depot. They had a Wild West show for about 20 minutes. We then boarded our train for a slow scenic ride to the Grand Canyon. We had a personal attendant in the rail car that gave us a tour of our surroundings as we passed through the area. Then we had an entertainer play the accordion and harmonica for about a half an hour. the entire trip was about two hours long.

Wild West Show



We then arrived at the train depot at the Grand Canyon. This area is centrally located with lots of shops and redcurrants and wonderful views of the Southern Rim of the Grand Canyon. We decided to take it slow and just enjoy the immediate area. We were planing to return three more times and had plenty of time to explore at a good pace.

Central South Rim

We spent a nice easy evening checking out the sites. Mostly the shops, the hotel and parts of the Rim. We then caught the train back to Williams. Boy did we get a surprise on the way back. An old fashion train robbery. It was a hoot.

Desperadoes!!!

Well we decided to head back to the Pine Country Restaurant for dinner. I had the 16 oz Sirlion and (DW) had the double Pork Chops. I we shared the Meat and of course I gave her my sides as usual. The Steak of OK, but the Pork Chops were a little dry. No worries. End of day three.

Day 4


Another glorious day? YES!!! Why? Because I got to sleep in a little and catch up on some rest. So we headed to the Depot Restaurant at the Train Station. They had a pretty good breakfast buffet. The best thing they had was an Omelet Bar. I had an all meat Omelet and three Eggs over easy. Not bad at all. I loaded up knowing that I would not have another meal til real late. I was right. Our next meal was not for almost 10 hours. After we ate we checkout of the hotel and headed to Tusayan, AZ. The town is located 7 miles from the southern Grand Canyon Entrance. It was only about an hours drive. We stopped  at Flagstaff, AZ and gassed up. The Benz uses premium gas and the the price per gallon was about .60 cents cheaper.

We were too early to check in the hotel. So we went to the IMAX Theater and watched "The Grand Canyon Movie". It was actually really good. We then headed to the resort hotel and checked in. We then headed to the Grand Canyon and took the 25 mile "Desert View Scenic Drive". There was a lot of places to stop and take  pictures. Our main goal was to make it to the end to "The Watch Tower" for the Sunset.

The Watch Tower

Point of Interest Desert View Scenic Drive

Grand Canyon Sunset

We got back in after dark ........ jeez I guess that's not hard to imagine lol. Anyhow I actually found a steakhouse called the Yippee-ei-o Steakhouse. OK I am from Texas and well all I can say is they tried. (DW) got the Steak and Shrimp combo and I go the 24 oz T-Bone. It look great, but tasted just OK. Like I said I am from Texas and we know beef. Hey it's all good. I had fun chowing down and thinking "I could polish off three of these = 72 ozs = Amarillo challenge. (DW) just laughed at me as I chowed down. Go figure. I must have had a big smile on my face when the Steak showed up hahaha!!!!

24 oz T-Bone

Medium Rare


One word to the wise. Should you visit Tusayan, AZ and visit the Yippee-ei-o Steakhouse. Make sure to look at the bill. No matter what size of your party they add 15% or more to your check without saying a word. I almost doubled tipped the waiter, who by the way was pretty worthless as far as his service was concerned. Oh yeah ...... he does not have to earn his tip. Go figure. I made a complaint to the owner about her business practice. She did not seem to care. Whatever I tourist after all lol!

We then settle in at te resort. I sat on the balcony and enjoyed a Big Nasty Cigar with some sparkling water. I just chilled in the oh so cool night. End of day four.

Stay tuned for Dave's Grand Canyon (ZC) Adventure days 5 & 6.

Have a Great (ZC) Day my Friends and Zero Carb Family. Battle On!!!

(ZC)er Imported from Texas
Cheers,

Dave

10 comments:

  1. That t-bone sure looks good. It would last me for at least two or three meals lol.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. A train robbery? Are you kidding? What a gas! This trip looks like a lot of fun. Keep it coming. Nice steak. :-)Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, fun, fun!!! Good food to boot. Thanks for sharing Dave. At least til your next segment.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't think you can top that t-bone. Can you? Well someone decided to have a vacation full of interesting times. It really looks like you are enjoying yourself. Good for you. Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you think you could handle 72oz steak? That is a lot of meat. I know I would give up about halfway on the second 24ozer. I love beef, but I don't think I want to venture that way lol. Nice updates. Keep them rolling.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sara, well I can bet you are at least half my "new" size or close to that. Ha! So I guess it would last you awhile.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cat, yeah I was surprised. It was really fun. I have another installment coming soon.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jane, I don't mind sharing. That's how we learn.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. Taylor that Steak was OK, but by Texas standards ........ well. Yes the vacation was a lot of fun.

    cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bill, I tell you what: after that 24oz steak I could have eaten at least one more without a problem and just maybe a third one. I guess.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...