Tuesday, July 19, 2011

7/19/2011 - Update - Family and Good Times

Greetings. My Spirits and Energy levels are good.

I had a very special guest this Friday and Saturday. I had another niece from San Diego visit. She is staying primarily with my sister, but spent the night over on Friday and visited most of Saturday. Unfortunately (DW) was scheduled to work on this weekend. After work Friday evening I picked her up and (DW). We all went out to eat. Where? Well she is a sushi fan and I took them to a real nice new Japanese restaurant by the name of Kita. Located in The Woodlands near the Water Way.


So did Dave find something to eat? Yes indeed. I had a NY Stripe Steak. It was only 6 ozs but hey I am not complaining lol. It was all good. The main thing is that my niece, (DW) and I had a great time together. We then took a ride on the Water Taxi. It was real nice. It was getting dark and all the trees on the banks were lit up. We then got off at the main entrance to the mall and we wen to the Cheesecake Factory for desert. I had a black coffee. No it's not the name of a new cheesecake for goodness sake. Yes I do drink plain black coffee here and there and it does not seem to affect my  weight loss. I have posted before that I started to drink plain black coffee awhile back. I also said as far as I am concerned it is not up for debate. To drink coffee or not to drink coffee that is the question: for me "to drink". Jeez Dave coffee and cigars? What next?



The next day (DW) had to work. So it was me and my (DN). She is a true sweetheart. We had breakfast at The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center. I had a real nice all meat omelet. These things are my saving grace. So far since I added eggs back in to my way of eating, they have been great. I just love them and I really don't tire of them at all. I don't eat cheese in my omelet unless I make the omelet myself. (DN) loved The Woodlands Resort. We ate and talked for a good while.

Resort Restaurant

We then wen to "St. Antony of Padua Catholic Church." This is were I attend Sunday Mass. We toured the church and chapel where we have "Perpetual Adoration". We said some prayers and spent some quality time there.

St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church

We then drove around the area and I point out some areas of interests. We then went to the Woodlands Mall and look around a bit. We also drove through the Market Street area. We went to a "Christian Store" and I bought a CD.

Some time had passed by then and we went to the Goose's Acre Bistro and Irish Pub to have a second meal. I had the Beef Ribs. I really need to take a picture of these giant Texas size ribs. I almost can't finish them. I did say almost. HA!

Goose's Acre

Well that was about it. After that I took my (DN) to continue her vacation with my one of my sisters in Missouri City. I tell you what: We spent many hours together and had some really great conversations. I would not have traded that time I spent with her for anything.

Have a Great (ZC) Day my Friend and Zero Carb Family. Battle On!!!

(ZC) Family Indeed


Cheers,

Dave

10 comments:

  1. dw and dn sure have good man in their lives. you continue to share your zc adventures with us. this is a daily life of a zc'er. it appears normal to me. keep up the good work. you are a great representative of a zc'er. Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. A 6 ounces NY Strip steak? Do they really serve this? Where is this world going? At least, someone is serving an all-meat omelet.......

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've got to love it. what a tiny steak. that would have just made me mad lol. it sounds like you spent some quality time with your dw and dn. good for you. keep rocking and rolling. :-)Cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. How old is your niece? I bet she enjoyed the time she spent with you. You are a very nice and caring person. I really love your attitude towards everyday things. You have of way of making things happen.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have a lot of patience dave. i don't know about hanging with the teens. you must be a favorite uncle among your nieces and nephews.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gee Taylor, that was oh so nice of you to say. I am just a (ZC)er on a mission to great health. I say that I am the lucky one to have a (DW) and a (DN) in my life that is everything a person could wish for.

    I do my best to be a true representative of (ZC). I am no expert by far. I read, learn, listen, and try my best. That is all I can do.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pro(ZC)ac, yes a 6oz wimpy NY Strip. All meat omelets are not hard to find, especially at an omelet bar. I just tell them "all meat please", then they usually say "what kind of cheese?" and I say "no cheese, just cheese thank you." I like and eat cheese just not the stuff "OUT THERE". I don't trust it.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cat, yeah it made me mad, but oh well. Hey the best part was with my (DW) and (DN). I had a great time with them.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sara, she just graduated high school so I guess she is about a year or two behind you. Well I hope she had a good time. I hope I did not bore her. In any event she appeared happy. She was a pure angel.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  10. Howdy Bill, well I have to say that I love all my nieces and nephews as if they were my own. I do not have any children and they are as close as I will ever come to any. The time I spend with them at any age is important to me. I wish I had more time. I am not sure about being the "favorite uncle", but we have fun together.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...