Monday, July 25, 2011

7/25/2011 - Weekly Update - A New Adventure

Howdy Y’all! My Spirits and Energy levels are great! I am surging with energy y’all.

Wow, what a week, what a week indeed. There are a lot of things brewing at work. There are a lot of things brewing at home. Hmmm ……. It’s seems like I have the “Brew Factor” brewing here. So many projects, yet so little time.

Yesterday after church I went to have lunch at my new friend’s house. He is a nice chap that I met at my retreat a little while back. We ate T-bones and chicken grilled to perfection. He was amazed that I downed two of the three T-bones and two pieces of chicken. I would estimate that the two steaks alone were close to 32 ozs. The chicken was rather small. I was pleasantly full for the rest of the day and did not require a second meal.


I have been thinking ………… about …………… uumm …………… well …………… how can I put this? How indeed. Oh just forget about it …………. or not. OK, it’s just I hate to announce something then I don’t follow up with it.

I have plans to do some more experimenting ……….. I know, I know “If it ain’t broke don’t……………” Well I just want to explore and try different things. When folks hear my (ZC) mantra, they usually reply “So you eat only meat?” as if it was boring or weird. I am interested in going back to some areas I tried at the start or near start of (ZC) and see how they “Jive” with me know. “OK Dave what the heck are you talking about anyway?” Yes, once again my good Friend and Ally Teri has voiced a good question. Yes my friend I have not forgotten you or your kindness to me. (Say “Hi” to Bob for me).

Alright already so what am I gonna try? I was thinking of reintroducing “Oopsie Rolls” Why? Well I reintroduced eggs awhile back and I have been eating cheese and things appear OK with those foods. Why? Well as much as I try to look at food as just fuel ……….. I can’t. It‘s the “cook (wannabe chef)” in me. As most people may know these things are versatile to the tenth degree. I am comfortable and disciplined enough with (ZC) that if my experiment went array I could just go “back”. Hey if nothing else it will make for some good “talking points”.

NEWS ON THE HOME FRONT:

Guess what I bought? I will give a hint: it’s shiny, it’s loud, its sharp, it’s ….. well could you guess. “NO Dave what is it already?” Hold on there “who” is that? Could it be my other Friend and Ally Lisa Maree from “Down Under”? No, I have not forgotten about you or the many other folks I have crossed “Cyber Paths” from all over the United States and around the World.

Oh back “on task” Sorry! I am sure someone guessed: a Meat Grinder ……….TA-DA!!!! What the…………!!!! Hey calm down there willya?

Believe it or not I am getting a little tired of Fatty Beef Brisket. Who could have guessed? Well I have three frozen 20+ pounders waiting for action ……….. action indeed. So what is a (ZC)er to do? Well, I can only speak for myself. So I grinded up my first Fatty Beef Brisket and produced 15 “1/3” pound patties. I flashed freeze them and now they are ready for action at a moment’s notice. I learned long ago that you do not have to defrost Hamburger patties on the “Q”. I just throw them on the hot grill and that’s it. I will still eat my trade mark “Brisket Ala Dave” when I get the urge.  OOOOHHHH I almost forgot!!!! This baby came with two different size sausage thing-a-ma-gigs. Yes, a new venture: (ZC) Sausage on a stick or off the stick. Who cares? Natural casings or skinless …………… jeez the options are endless!!!

That’s all I got!

Have a Great (ZC) Day my Friends and Zero Carb Family. Keep the Faith and Always Battle On!!!

(ZC) It’s the Grind

Cheers,

Dave

20 comments:

  1. dave i just love to grind my meats. I know they are freash and i dont have to worry about contamination. its great for meatloaf and meatballs of meats that are not commonly found at the regular meat market.-Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when I thought that you might actually quit, you hit us with this. very nice update dave. Now go make some sausage. ~MaryZC~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This should bring a whole new aspect to zc for you. I can't imagine what may have prompted you to venture towards grinding your own meat. I just took it for granted that I would let my local grocer take care of my needs. You are a man of many seasons Dave.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice update David. You are brave. Grinding meat is a bit of a job. DH likes to process his game. He does a good job, but it can be a lot of work.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. The great thing about testing new food items and recipes on ZC is that if they do not work, at least it confirms "meat and water" is the way to go!!!!!!!

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  6. really, really nice update dave. i would have never thought about grinding my own meats. good luck and i hope you have fun. let us know what you liked about your sausage making adventure. Please post pics of the whole process.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi There,
    Up in Oregon now. Still spying on you. Hope you come to San Diego this winter. Come see me and Gaby.
    teri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Storming back I see with meat grinder in hand lol. zc sausage is a great thought. I am always worried about store bought sausage. I have seen some that claim to be zero carb. I just don't trust them. Now you will know what is exactly in them. How about the casings? I don't have any idea how they are made. Good luck with your new toy and have fun. As Sara has requested post pictures and a step by step please. You might just start a new trend. One more question, are you going to smoke your sausage or just cook them fresh? :-)Cat

    ReplyDelete
  9. You like breaking all the rules lol! Are you trying to reinvent zc? I don't know about oopsie rolls. According to your journal I remember that you thought it slowed you down. I almost forgot that you are over 100 pounds down and probably don't care at this point. I am looking forward to your new adventure too.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  10. just discovered your blog - it's great! - but from my experience I would just want to warn you that you better be very careful with the cheese - dairy can creep up on you silently, but viciously and then one day you suddenly get cravings again... because you've been having cheese for a while, you don't think that cheese might be the culprit! Of course I do hope that it won't be the case for you, but I thought you'd better be warned!
    Happy ZC-ing!
    Willeke

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Taylor, yes it is nice to know that your meats are ground in a clean environment. Meat loaf, meatballs ......... yes I can see that.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Maryzc, well I am still studying about the sausage part at this time. It will happen, but not too soon. HA!Quit who's talking about quitting? LOL!!! I have only yet began to FIGHT!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Simon, well I just wanted to add a new aspect to (ZC) for me. I have to keep it interesting. That is just me. So time will tell.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jane, oohh game. That sounds great. I am will to try just about any kind of meat. I will have to keep that in mind thanks.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Pro(ZC)ac, you are 100% right as usual. Meat and water is the "right combination". I did it very strict for several months and I can do it again if need be.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sara, I fully intend to do a step by step with the sausage at that time. Thank you.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Teri (aka Cyber Mom). Thanks for keeping tabs on me. I have only been misbehaving a little lol! I sure would like to come for a visit."Hi Bob!"

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Cat, thanks for stopping by. Casings are being researched at this time. It should not be hard to find them locally. I intend to do both smoked and fresh.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  19. Howdy Bill, yes Oopsie rolls slowed me down I think. Yes I still do care about my weight. I feel that I could lose another 10 - 15lbs. I do want to add maybe 20lbs of lean muscle. I will write about that another time. Thanks for the comments.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Willeke and welcome to the Blog. I do appreciate your warning and concern. I do believe I have read your Journal at zioh in the past.

    I have been blessed with "0" cravings to date YEAH!!! The worst thing cheese or any dairy could do to me is to make me gain or slow down. So I have no worries in that department. Worst case for me would be just to drop the cheese like a bad habit.

    Glad you found me and I hope to see future comments from you. Hey I am no nutty professor and need all the positive advice out there. Battle on my new (ZC) friend.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...