Tuesday, August 16, 2011

8/16/2011 Weekly Update – Digging IN


Greetings All. My Spirits and Energy Levels on the Rise. Carvings? Cheats? Do we even need to go there? Absolutely NOT!!!

So what is Dave up to on the (ZC) scene? Scene? (ZC) Scene? Is there such a thing? Well is there? You tell me. OK Dave you were the one that brought up this ….. Subject (?) or did you?

HA! Yes indeed! Why? Hhhmmm ………… you’ve got me there. I really don’t know why or do I?
Possible Answers:


  • ·         Dave is tripping (again)
  • ·         Dave ate too much bacon with nitrates this weekend and is suffering……
  • ·         Dave has ran away from home and joined the circus
  • ·         Dave is just too …………. Oh well who really knows?

If I were a betting man I would pick …… uumm …. Well I would just put up my money and pick none of thee above.

OK, just a little fun in my (ZC) Bizzaro World. Well let me tell you a Bizzaro tale. A tale that probably many of you have experienced or not. Saturday (DW), the (IL)s and I were supposed to go to The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center for the Breakfast Buffet. Actually this was my (DW)’s plan. Hey I was up for that. I have Eaten breakfast in the past and knew that had a pretty good Omelet Bar. Well Saturday morning comes and (DW) states “Well why don’t we have breakfast here?” OK well folks let me translate that: “Why don’t you cook us all breakfast Dave?” So what is a good hubby to do? Cook of course. I have stated in the past that I cook SAD for my family at home and when I throw parties. It is not my mission in life to “FORCE” someone to (ZC). Either you believe in it or not. I look at it almost like a religion in that sense. Now please don’t get the idea that I worship the (zc) gods. No. that is not what I mean. I just don’t force my opinion on anyone. It is simply not my place. Will I cook SAD? Sure, I definitely will.  I have been labeled (elsewhere) “Dave the Enabler”, yes that is little old ME! So I whipped up some Bacon, Eggs and that former (ZC) delight of mine: Pumpkin Pancakes with real Maple syrup. YIKES!!!  

So what was the big deal Dave? Nothing, I was just sharing. Well that is only half of the story. Part Two coming right after these messages:

“Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.”
William Shakespeare

“It is not enough to take steps which may someday lead to a goal; each step must be itself a goal and a step likewise.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

And now for the Rest of the Story…………….

So after I “Forced Feed” the crew at home …………… OK enough with the drama lol! Anyway back to part Two:  Later that day (DW) has another stroke of Genius!! (DW) said “ why don’t we all have an late lunch/early dinner at the Cheesecake Factory?” Well I thought to myself …… uumm “No thank you.” I really don’t care for their menu. For the amount of meat I can squeeze out of their selections, it is really not worth it to me. I don’t mind paying for what I want, but this place is lacking for a (ZC)er   IMO. I rather go to the “Goose’s Acre” and order a plate full of Beef Ribs minus the side salad, french-fries, and coleslaw and still end up with more ribs than I can handle for a measly $15.99. They are also located right on the Waterway, a prime location. So I declined and (DW) gave me that look…. Oh No!! THE LOOK!!!! So what is a good hubby to do again? Yes, I told her “OK, why not.” Why not indeed. Jeez! So what did Dave eat at the Cheesecake Factory?= Zilch, Nada, and Nothing. It’s all good. Hey like I stated before: to each their own. At least we spent some quality time away from the home. It was nice to get out and about.  So what‘s the bid deal Dave? Really? Nothing. EXCEPT:  that a “portly” couple came and sat across from us. They began to grill the waiter. “Where is the low calorie selection that you guys promised to have?”  I felt sorry for the waiter as he tried his best to be diplomatic about the situation. OK folks even Dave knows not to go to the CHEESECAKE FACTORY for low calorie foods. OMG are you kidding me! Well, well, well you should have seen that couple’s eyes BUG-OUT when three slices of Cheesecake were brought to our table after they finished their meals. I could hear them whisper;” Those cheesecakes must have over 5000 calories in them.  BTW I had two plain black coffees while at the restaurant. What did the “Portly Couple” have, the ones that were so calorie conscious …. Well she had a salad and what appeared to be a grilled cheese sandwich on Texas Toast and he had what appeared to be the Cuban sandwich (roasted pork) with fries.

 Hey I thought I would share a little. This is a regular day in the life of a (ZC)er ….. well at least mine.

Today I had an all time low on (ZC) = 176.6 lbs

Have a Great (ZC) Day my Friends and Zero Carb Family. The War still Rages, stay in the Battle!!!

(ZC) er For the Long Haul
Cheers,


Dave


260/176.6/185 ???
Overall health (1-10):9
Energy level (1-10):9
Rocky Stage: Won't Be Long Now
Today's Menu: Fatty Beef Brisket Patties, Baracoa Omelet, Black Coffee and H20

20 comments:

  1. I do agree with you David: the Cheesecake Factory is a nightmare for ZC'bers... and all the rest of folks that want to eat "differently". No wonder it is so popular......!!!!!!

    I must congratulate you reaching the 176 lbs bar. It must feel great... especially knowing you will go even lower AND NEVER go back up as long as you are on ZC whihc I am sure you will!!!!!!!!

    This ZC thing is "like a religion", as you say, but I truly beleive there is no "ZC god"... I think we just feel being more "part of what nature wants us to be, they way we were designed to eat". We are living in harmony with our environment. It is that simple. Try to explain to "regular folks".........

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes,yes, yes Dave. Congratulations on your all time low! Keep up the good job.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cheesecake factory is not a place for a zc'er. Especially if you are just starting out of if your will is not strong. Dave has proven himself and can handle a situation like that.

    I would still prefer not to surround myself in such a place unless circumstances dictated it.~Maryzc~

    ReplyDelete
  4. look at you dave. an all time low. congrats! i have to agree on the cheesecake factory. i just don't bother going there when different alternatives are available.

    you did the right thing to go with your wife. relationships are worth are a little suffering lol. :-)Cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave you are on a roll. You make this look too easy. I have been reading through your archive section and are amazed that you have not had any cravings during your journey. That is just wonderful. I feel that most people that try zc can't get past the withdraws of the carbs. Then they cave in and get there fix. If only they would stand strong like you and other successful people eating this way.

    It is great to see still on the way down on the scale. It appears that zc is not finished with you yet. It will take time, but you will get there. It's a great feeling to finally get to your optimum weight. Once you more or less stabilize you will understand and experience a whole new world.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  6. great to see you still have some humor. i for one do not go to places like the cheesecake factory. i just don't want to have all that temptation staring me in the face. good for you for having the will to stay with your convictions. i am not surprised about the weight loss. i can see you losing more fat and maybe gaining some muscle. keep up the good work and inspiration.-Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  7. man you are blazing through zc like a madman lol. good work on the weight loss. i just loved the story of the calorie conscious couple. when will they learn? Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  8. ****Love the new look of your blog Dave!****

    ReplyDelete
  9. ****Wow, I am shocked....my comments are finally going thru! Hopefully no more computer issues...****

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to hear of your continued weight loss. Well for me, I would refuse to go to the cheesecake factory and watch everyone eat. But I'm not as nice as you are, what a good DH and SIL you are Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Great to hear of your continued weight loss.."

    Oh I forgot to sign my name, its Keli here again, by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pro(zc)ac, Nightmare indeed! Hey we are the "regular" ones don't ya know? HA!!! Thanks for the nice comments. Yes I will always be a (ZC)er. A Super Lifer. I am not going anywhere. This blog may fall someday, but I will always, always stay in the Fight and Battle On!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Thanks and Thanks dear young Sara. It is always a joy to get a comment form you.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Maryzc, you are right and you are right again. I do not prefer to go there myself. Hey I will tell the truth: Yes I loved cheesecake and yes they carry some of my favorites. I do feel confident enough to handle that situation and many more. It is all a part of a (ZC)er living in a SAD world. It is sad, sad indeed.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Cat, yes what us men do for our women lol. Hey it is just who I am. It's all good. She did say she felt sorry for me. Well I say she should have been happy for me. Yes indeed!!! Thanks.

    Cheers,


    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Bill and thank you. I have been fortunate not to have cravings. Now my definition of cravings might be a little different than others. I feel a craving is so strong that you break down and cheat. Yes I have seen some of my old favorites and remember the great tastes, but that is all. I am not moved to cheat. No Way!!!

    I feel that I am already in a whole new world to tell ya the truth.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Taylor and Thanks for the vote of confidence. Yes I do desire to lose more weight and gain some muscle, just a little. It feels good to lose the blubber. I just want to tone up and look decent. Your compliments are very sweet.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Marcus and thank you. Learn indeed. Hey I have to admit I was once in their shoes. I can only pray that all non-(ZC) folks find the truth. Yeah right!! Anyway thanks for stopping by.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Anonymous***, and welcome. I am glad that you are not having anymore computer problems. I am sorry you were not able to comment in the past. So feel free to voice whatever your Heart desires. Thanks. I thought that I needed to update this blog. It looked too drab. It seems a little more cheerful to me now.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Keli,welcome. I have to agree with you on the choice of my (DW). I think after seeing me just sit and smile she won't ask me along again to the cheesecake factory. Thank you for your kind comments. Please feel free to voice your opinions anytime. This place is mostly kickback and easy going. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...