Saturday, August 20, 2011

8/20/2011 - Update - He Who Fights and ..........

Howdy All. My Spirits and Energy Levels are good.

Lately at work folks have been approaching me and making the usual comments on my 100+ pound plus weight loss. I go through my usual spill of the Good, the Best and the Great of Zero Carb. So why do I bring this up? Why indeed. Because the other comment that has been on the rise is "I did not recognize you, I thought you were someone else." Yes this is not the first time I have heard this, but it is becoming more and more frequent. I think one of the first comments of this sort that has stuck with me is the comment made by my cousin at the family reunion just before I went to the Grand Canyon.

It dose feel odd to say the least. It really makes me think. Yes I know that can be dangerous. Hahaha!!! That laugh again Dave oooohhhh it is a bit scary. OK do I hear that drum roll......................



Back on track: like I was saying it is a funny feeling for folks to mention that. It's not like I am used to that or something. So much is happening so much has changed. It really has not been that long. So much attention, so many times, so often. It is nice and it is awkward at the same time. I don't know. Believe it or not I am to a degree a shy person. Some folks may say "Are you kidding me?" NO spells no. I push myself out of the "turtle shell" and make an effort to be more out going. Just posting about things is a big step for me. I have had daring, exciting, dangerous jobs, things folks would not think of ever attempting. I have faced Life and Death situations many times. I don't freeze in the face of danger instead I take action. So how can someone with this type of  "will" be shy when it comes to social situations? I dunno. I just am.

So today I got some bad news. Well sorta. (DW) suggested that we go out to eat for an early lunch. The Cheesecake Factory again? Hell No! This time we went to the Gooses Acre. Yes!!! On a sad note they no longer serve those oh so yummy Texas size Beef Ribs. No indeed. They now serve Baby Back Pork Ribs. So I ordered them without the sauce and the sides. Well they were OK, but they do not come close to the Beef Ribs. No not at all. I was able to finish the whole rack without a problem. Now when it came to the Beef Ribs I could hardly finish them and sometimes had to take home a Rib or two. I asked the manager why or should I say WHY!!!!!! He said that 90% of the Beef Ribs were returned because people said that there was not enough meat. I don't believe it for a minute. I ate the Beef Ribs there many, many times and always struggled to finish the whole plate. No way. I can guarantee you that he must get a bigger return $ on the Pork Ribs. It's all about the money. Oh well my loss.

Anyway we had a grand time. We then headed to the mall to do some "Tax Free" shopping. (DW) went one way with the (IL)s and I went another. I ended up buying one fitted shirt. It was a half size smaller that the last fitted shirt I bought earlier this year. I'm having a slight problem with fitted shirts. They fit around the waist, but are too small on the chest. This is just the opposite of the problems with shirts that I had in the past. Too small on the belly and OK around the chest. I can't afford high end shirts at this time especially since I am still losing weight. It's kinda neat to have this problem compared to the past. I also notice that I run a bigger size in Fitted shirts than Regular shirts. I found that really strange.

Have a Great (ZC) Day my Friends and Zero Carb Family. Live Long, Be Strong and Battle On!!!

(ZC) Long Live the Ribs

Cheers,

Dave

10 comments:

  1. Dave clothes will be an issue for a while.Your body is still forming and shaping. You are continuing to lose weight and you may gain muscle, especially if you workout as you have mentioned in the past. I would keep it simple on the clothes for now, unless you have a pile of cash at your disposal. Right now everyone is still in shock of your weight loss and not paying all that much attention to the clothes. You are making whatever you wear look good, because you look great. No to mention that you are a very attractive man and even more so now. It is the truth, smile and move on.~Maryzc~

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally agree with maryzc. you are changing and so what you wear will change along with you. yes dave is a very attractive guy. don't blush!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK I think I get the common message here. Dave I would not be surprised if you reported that at least one person of the opposite sex other than your (DW) has made a comment recently about your looks. You are a handsome man and seem to be a very sweet person. Get used to it. If nothing else it will make your (DW) appreciate you more. If you buff up, I would say that you will be getting a lot more looks and maybe some propositions. Your cheeks must be rosy red by now. :-)Cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol cat, some propositions. dave's cheeks are probably ready to explode let alone rosy red. i have to admit that if i passed dave on the street i would turn my head to give him a second and maybe a third look. i think i heard daves's cheeks pop. sorry it's the truth. -Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some people are having fun here. You have changed. I can see it in your pictures. You have lost a whole person at least a small one and by the time you are finished it may be a normal one. You should not be surprised when someone states that they did not recognize you. It does sound strange, yet they are telling you the truth. From what I have read you have experienced a new change in your life in your inner being. So yes you are a different person inside and out. You may not notice it, but your looks can be changed by the way you feel. Your expressions, your mannerisms. Take it as a compliment and don't freak out. I would say that in my day I would have called you a Fox. I hope that does not show my age lol. I have to agree with the other ladies. Another compliment. Take it in stride. You have worked hard for it and helped many others. More than you know.**Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maryzc, I guess I have to agree in part with your assessment. Now look what you have done lol. You got some of the others to give me a hard time HA! Thanks for your kind comments.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sara and thanks. Blush? Well..........

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cat, Jeez you sure know how to push my buttons in that area lol. Rosy Red just can't describe the color right now HA!. Thanks for your kind comments, yes I have had a few comments thrown my way by the O/S. More to come?? I dunno or think of it.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Taylor, you sure made it hard to respond to this comment. I am just a humble man. It is nice to get compliments and I thank you very much.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jane,Foxy? Hey that is not that old is it?? I remember in middle school that was the common saying, oohh did I show my age lol. Like the others I want to thank you for your overly kind compliments.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...