Tuesday, August 30, 2011

8/30/2011 - Weekly Update - Lets Talk About Ribs

Hello All. My Spirits and Energy Levels are on the up and up.

Ribs ...... need I say more? Oh yeah, duh! What kind of Ribs? Right! Well lets see ....  I think I will talk about some real common Ribs in the United States, actually TEXAS! Hey we are like a whole other country. Well we were the Republic of Texas for a little while. Too Bad, we should have stayed ............... OK back to Ribs.

I was going to "Q" Sunday, but got side tracked. So what is a Texas (ZC)er to do? "Q" on Monday. What else? HA! What else indeed.

I like Pork Ribs, but I LOVE Beef Ribs. Yes, yes indeed!!! So I had three Racks of Ribs: two Beef (YES!!) and one Pork (yes?).

Next step: Lets talk about wood. Why wood? I am cooking on a propane grill, but I use a good old large cast iron wood chip box. Let me tell you good folks that cooking on propane grills, well it is just short of being better than broiling in the oven in my little old opinion. All you have to do is add a wood chip box to your propane grill and now ... now you have just made a Quantum Leap my Friends and Zero Carb Family yes you did, OK at least I did.



Smoke for the wood combined with the dripping fat hitting my Ceramic Briquettes and WOW you have a winning combination that would please any self respecting Texan. Now it is real important to get that wood box puffing smoke before adding the meat. Oh yeah the wood? Well did I use Mesquite or Hickory? Yes, yes I did or did I? Well there is no mystery I just combined them both. The result? Pure Heaven.

Enough already with the words Dave let some pictures do the talking why don't you? OK sure:

Click on pictures to enlarge
Montreal Seasoned Beef Ribs and Kansas City Pork Ribs. The combo wood chips soaking.

I cut the Ribs in half

I used a Rib Rack to put the halved Ribs (side view)

Staggered Ribs to get the most smoke possible (top view)

The end results, pure Heaven

A quick Snack. HA!

These babies were toasty on the outside and tender on the inside. The flavor from the mixed wood and the seasoning were out of this world. They tasted so good I would not bother to put BBQ sauce on them if I used that junk. Great BBQ does not need that glop on this work of art.

I saw a former coworker today that was visiting a retiring employee. He has not seen me in over a year. His first words "Hello Skinny". I know I shocked the hell out of him.

I am so looking forward to my three day weekend coming up. Saturday I will go to my brothers house to celebrate my niece's birthday. Sunday I will celebrate with my new friend and former Retreatant his welcoming ceremony to our church. He is converting to become a Catholic and is currently taking The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA).

Have a Great (ZC) Day my Friends and Zero Carb Family. Keep On Keeping On and Battle On!!!

(ZC) The Right Mix


Cheers,

Dave

9 comments:

  1. Very nice Dave. I lean towards beef ribs myself. I like that rib rack. You can put a lot of meat on grill at once.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. dave i have to come and eat at your place. those ribs look so good! thanks for sharing and making me hungry lol.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. --------------------Have Plate will travel---------------

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to mix my wood when I bbq. It gives the meat a real unique flavor. Nice pictures. I would have to agree about the beef ribs. The only thing about them is that it is hard to find some with a lot of meat on the bone. Keep up the good work.

    Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bill, Beef is oh so great, but to tellya the truth I could go for some lamb breast ribs. Man are those great. The rack is a very useful tool to make a lot of ribs at once.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sara, well I tell you what you or any of my Zero Carb family are always welcome to "Cut Meat" at my table.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anonymous, Y'all come on down!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marcus and Thanks. Yeah I have to agree sometimes it's hard to find some with a lot of meat. This package came with two racks of Beef Ribs. One was real meaty while the other was not. Hey it's all good.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently did some ribs adding a lot of indian spices on them. They all mix with the fat making a very tasty sauce!!!

    All meats should have the exact same flesh/fat content of ribs because it seems they satisfy so well our appetite. Adding butter to a lean fillet is certainly not the same...

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...