Wednesday, September 14, 2011

9/13/2011 - Weekly Update - Zero Carb Diet aka WOE

Glorious Day All! My Spirits and Energy Levels are on the Rise!


My O My what does it take to prove Zero Carb is the right Way Of Eating (WOE) y'all? What does it take indeed.


Look at all these self imposed diseases out there:

  • Type 2 diabetes
  • Hypertension (high blood pressure)
  • Sleep apnea
  • Impaired functional status
All of this because of Obesity. Put the pie down; throw out the cake; flush the candy bar. Yes do yourself a favor and ditch these forms of poison. Yes I know because I was on that path just a little more than a year ago and now that I am a Zero Carber and over 100 lbs down I Feel GREAT! Healthy! Happy! Most of all.................................. THANKFUL!!! Thankful Indeed!
So I have been back on my Signature Barbacoa Omelet and Fatty Beef Brisket and have to tell you good folks that it does not take long at all to get right back in the Saddle. I recently described that I was eating a third meal because I was getting hungry later in the day. This all started when my main source of protein was in the form of ground Fatty Beef Brisket patties that I ground up myself and grilled on the "Q". In the past I would rarely get hungry after the second meal of the day. 

Now that I am back to the BASICS it is like the clock went back and I am right on track. Today I only needed  two meals to keep me satisfied. It almost felt weird not to eat that third meal. I resisted the temptation of just eating just to eat. I had gotten used to that third meal and psychologically missed it. 

That was a little scary. Why? Well I don't like the idea of "thinking" it is time for a meal when my body is telling me "I"m Full".  Was this a craving? I dunno. I have not experienced cravings while on Zero Carb at all. I have been fortunate in that area. 

Do I miss the taste of some of those former carb delights? Hell Yes I do. Hey I am honest about that. Would I eat them again. Hell No!!! What keeps me in line? The Scale and the Mirror. That should be enough for any sane person.

Lots of you guys and gals that help contribute to this blog in the form of Comments brought up a lot of good points of observation. So what does Dave really think ....... well that can be a little scary to say the least lol!

I do think the ratio of fat has to be right, but everyones system breaks down these substances slightly different. I think if you are healthy chances are that we break down things relativity the same. Yet some folks out there have a number of health issues or disorders. So for them ..... I just don't know. I just proved for ME that lean meat does not work, not once but twice and never again. My experiment in that area is finished forever.

Look it y'all I WAS the Poster Child for the Obese and now I am trying to be the Poster Child for the Healthy via Zero Carb. I am not there yet, but I darn well guarantee you that I will make it. I still get those feelings that the BEST is still around the corner. I have not reached that level yet. So sit back and relax because with Zero Carb you can achieve those things that have been out of reach.

So Dave will you continue to Experiment in other areas of Zero Carb? Yes, I have to say that I am not all together finished there. What and When? Who knows. I don't plan on these things, they just come to me and I react on them. That easy, that simple. Can it get any easier? I think NOT!

So for right now I will stick to the basics and get this old body churning and burning. I have been in a little hiatus and I am ready to move forward. I have no doubt that I am on the right road and I will continue down this path. It has brought me nothing, but happiness and good fortune. I would be a fool to do otherwise.

Have a Great (ZC) Day my Friends and Zero Carb Family. Keep the Faith and Battle On!!!

(ZC) Shuffle

Cheers,


Dave

10 comments:

  1. As David says so well, "Back to BASICS" is surely a rule of ZC that we must repeat ourselves everyday!!!

    I would add: "Back to BASICS... and learn to be PATIENT". Any changes in our way of preparing and/or eating our food, can take a minimum of 2 days up to many many days before showing results.

    Anyway, ZC is a lifetime commitment; so we all can take it cool...

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the motion. Simplicity is the key to zc. The K.I.S.S. factor plays a big role here. It is OK to experiment for as Dave describes "treats". It is good to break it up now and then. Just stick to the basics for everyday nutrition. If it works...... ~Maryzc~

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've got my vote lol. i agree that fat is very important and a good balance is the key. i do well with very fatty beef and that is what i generally eat. i eat brisket ala dave and rib eyes for the most part. i do enjoy eggs on the weekends to mix it up a little.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good amount of fat helps keep me full of energy. I tried the low fat/high protein skit and it really brought me down. As soon as I upped the fat all was good. -Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pro(ZC)ac, Patience is the key my Friend. Zero Carb is not an instant fix. I have been totally dedicated to this Way Of Eating. I have not cheated once since my start of (ZC)ing. Why would I want to screw things up? No not I!

    Lifetime commitment indeed!!! Well said my (ZC) Brother in Arms. Fight the Good Fight and Always Battle On!!!

    (ZC)Just the Beginning

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maryzc, K.I.S.S. is right. I do tend to experiment and test my boundaries from time to time. Ya know what that's OK. Why? I have my safety net: The Basics.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sara, I'm with you young gun. Rib eyes are my favorite all time steak. I just might have to eat one or two this weekend lol! Sara I envy you. Still a teen and enjoying (ZC). Must be nice.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jane and yes that is what I felt happened to me. As soon as I upped the Fat I had a good surge of Energy and Satiety.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. ****Just love reading your blog Dave! You have been an inspiration to me since the first day of your ZC journey at ZIOH****

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Anonymous, I really appreciate your support and comments. I try my best and my best is all I have to offer. It's the only way I know. Battle on my Friend!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...