Monday, September 19, 2011

9/19/2011 - Weekly Update - Tee Time

Howdy Y'all! My Energy and Spirits are Steady Freddy on the Rise!!

Yes, my Energy and Spirits are on the Rise. I feel a nice steady flow of Energy since I switched back to my Fatty Beef Brisket. As far as my Spirits ............. well I have to say they have been pretty sky high all the time. No dips there. I Tell You What: I have move forward to get even more involved in that area. I am getting more involved to serve my Church. I don't know where all this is leading to exactly, but it is exciting to me.



I am feeling a bit sore today. Why you may ask. Well Yesterday (Sunday) evening I went to the driving range to hit some balls. So big deal. Right? Wrong !! Why? Because it was a first for me. I have never lifted a golf club in my life. I must have went through over a 100 balls. One of my Church brothers invited me to the driving range of a very nice resort.

Now I am sore in places that I did not know I had muscles lol! Oh not to leave out that I am sore in the thighs, back, shoulders, buttocks, and, and .... well I guess you get the message.

Will I take up golf now that I am practically a Pro? HA! I don't know. I missed the ball more times than I want to count. I hit the turf before the ball more times than I want to count. Yet I did connect a few good times. I just loved the sound of the "PING" when I connected with a "wood". I guess its called that. Oh I forgot to mention that I only had good hits with balls that were on a tee. I could not get a single ball in the air that sat directly on the ground. Jeez! I really did not get much training. My Church brother gave a few pointers .... but, well I dunno. Maybe it is not for me. It was fun and I would like to learn. One big thing for me is: I have to get pretty good pretty soon or I will lose interest. I don't have any misguided illusions that I will be a top grade golfer. I just want to hit the ball on the ground and have some little control in what direction it goes.

Another consideration for me is the cost. While I don't think the monthly dues are too bad and the fees for evening games are OK, the cost of quality equipment is a bit on the high side, at least for me. Yes I said good quality clubs, not the $99.00 set of clubs that come with a bag.

 Hey in my younger days I played a decent tennis game and living in The Woodlands you can't help bump into a tennis court every few yards of so lol! So which one? Both? Why not? Wishful thinking? Who knows? Not ME.

OK what in the Heck does that have to do with Zero Carb anyway Dave? Yes what does it have to do with Zero Carb? Nothing I guess. I do want to get some type of physical activity going. I have been talking about it like just forever and yet have really done nothing about it. Lazy? Not enough time? Too busy? Not motivated? Wow what a bunch of "?" marks! Yet I can honestly say to a degree all of thee above ........ yet I would be a little dishonest. I guess. Make time Dave! Get motivated and "Just Do It"! Just Do It Indeed!!!

Dave the Athlete? OK where am I going with this? A new adventure ...... maybe. Yet I get also drawn back to the Church. "OH NO" not the "C" word Dave. I am a bit torn in that direction. I have limited time to a degree and find myself wanted to do more with the Church than with sports. TORN!

Next subject:

 Comments about my weight loss at work has not yet lessen. I was ridding up the escalator on the way to a meeting and I heard a comment form a gentleman coming up the escalator a floor below saying to another coworker of his "There goes the incredible shrinking man". I just looked down and smiled. Well I did not get 20 yards on that next floor before I was passing one of our consultants that look amazed at me and said" I did not recognize you in the distance. I do see this consultant on a bi-weekly or so basis and just had  a meeting with her last week. So I was pleasantly surprised. Two nice comments within a minute or less from each other. Nice indeed.

On my way to the elevator on my way to the parking garage I was approached by a former co-worker about some pointers concerning Zero Carb. I spoke to him last week about the basics and he wanted some follow up advice. His main concern was dairy. He told me that he could see that most cheese had Zero Carbs, but milk had some Carbs. I told his to leave milk alone for good and not to entertain cheese of any kind for at least 6 months and then slowly. This guy is a bit bigger than I was at the height of my weight of 280 lbs. If I had to guess I would say he is about 325 lbs or a little more.

Just when I really thought I had not much to post about ..... well I guess if I am not boring you guys and gals to death with my little world. Hey it is what it is.

Have a Great (ZC) Day My Friends and Zero Carb Family. Fight the Good Fight and Always Battle On!!!

(ZC)er Here Today, Here to Stay

Cheers,

Dave



10 comments:

  1. Golf and Zero Carb... what a nice mix!
    I you add a 'big nasty cigar' and maybe a "cup of a nice blend of coffee", you may reach one of these "exquisite moment of life"!!!!!!!!

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would like to learn how play golf. You can keep the cigars.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said a mouth full. I love Church and one should never feel bad to express their love for it. You don't shove it down anyone's throat so keep it up. I played golf during college and competed very well for awhile. I still hit a bucket or two every now and then and play a couple of times a month. Great sport.~Maryzc~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel too bad about your time management. I find myself struggling from time to time trying to put important things first and so on. It never works exactly like I planned lol. I can't get into golf. I rather watch or play tennis.:-)Cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pro(ZC)ac, wow what a winning combination lol! Indeed!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sara, yes I will keep the cigars with pleasure HA! Hey at your age golf just might be your thing.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maryzc, good for you. I wish I would have started a younger age. Yes I love Church and I will continue down that path for sure.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cat, time management is a struggle and probably will be for life. I can dig a game of tennis.

    Cheers,


    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. ****Absolutely LOVE golf...only took it up at age 30 and persevered through the learning curve. It is very tough at first but when you start hitting a pure shot more often than a bad shot there will be no stopping you!****

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anonymous****, golf can be addictive as I have heard from some that play the game and I can see why. I don't know if I can ever get to the point that I will hit the ball with any real skill.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...