Wednesday, September 28, 2011

9/28/2011 - Weekly Update - Time to Move On

Greetings all. My Spirits and Energy Levels are holding steady.

There comes a time in life where things are just not the same. Sort of a breaking point .......... I guess? Is this a good thing? Well .............. I just feel it is part of life. As I grow older and hopefully wiser I ponder upon these things.

I have made a major change in my LIFE. Two letters: ZC.



At first glance it is not impressive. 99.9% of folks would not know what they stand for or what it means. How can they? How indeed!

I had this fantasy that when folks saw my results that, that ......... well that they would just slap their forehead and think "I could do that." But at last I can't convince my own wife to see the light.

She still thinks I am doing this just to lose the weight and then I will go back to SAD. This time it will be balance and I will be healthy for the rest of my life. Jeez!!!

It kinda gets me down now and then to think too deep on the subject. Yes folks this is  one of those "Then and Now" times. So what exactly am I saying? I dunno. I don't.

Except that as I continue down this road I find myself more alienated than ever. Why now Dave? What is the big deal anyway?

What indeed. Lets see ........... what could it be?

I know. I think I truly do. At this point on (ZC) I am just coasting. I am not thinking too deep or experimenting at the moment. I am just going through the Zero Carb Motions. I make my food and eat it. Wow that was quick. That easy. Yes folks it is that easy.

At different times I have expressed that I have felt my outlook on (ZC) change. I am getting more "used" to being a (ZC)er, yet it is hard for me to understand why others can't follow. I mean just look at my weight loss. The pictures speak for themselves. That is why I post them. They are not exactly for me. They are for you good folks.

I guess I am a little somber because I thought I would make a difference and that I would help open some eyes. I really don't feel like I have done that to much of a degree.

Then what is this all for?

Time to move on?

Yes ...........

Not in the way of leaving, but in the way of thinking. So I can't change the world. Can I help change just one person? If so, well it is all worth it. What else can I do but to Battle On!!!

(ZC)er To Be or Not to Be ........... TO BE

Cheers,


Dave

24 comments:

  1. I'm sure your wife is just thinking for the best for you. The path we have chosen is one that will be pretty much uncommon and rejected by the world. Just count your blessing and move on. You are helping way more that just one person with your blog.~Maryzc~

    ReplyDelete
  2. dave we are like the marines, the few, the proud. i am just glad to one of them. i will never be fat and i will be as healthy as i can be.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Dave. I only found your blog a week or two ago when I started to think about embarking on this path. You've definitely inspired me! I admire you for persisting with something so outside the mainstream. I doubt that most people will ever get this WOE - just too far outside conventional wisdom. Also, even trying to eat this way for a couple of weeks makes me realize all the barriers our society puts up to it - practical and social. Thanks for the inspiration. Fight the good fight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with :) on that. I follow Dave's expample of preparing plenty of food ahead of time and freezing measured portions to control overeating. It does not take long to get full on meat and fat. -Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another nice post. For a minute I thought you were closing up shop. I was relieved at the end to find out that you plan to continue. Right?

    Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  6. No doubt, when you have adopted ZC and got health results, you will tend to stick to it for a lifetime.

    But our enemies are out there waiting for us to fail.

    It can be your life partner (i.e. wife...), your mother (beware), the waiter at the restaurant that lies to you... but it can also be an article you have read on internet (extremely dangerous) and IT CAN BE YOURSELF.

    Yes, yourself because ZC tends to give you so much strenght at a point you may think there is no danger. Doing experiments on ourself can be dangerous but they are probably part of the life of a ZCarber...

    I have reach my ideal weight more then a year ago, with a +/- 2-3 lbs periods here and there according mainly to quantities, so EVERYDAY is a permanent war and I have to accept it will be a LIFETIME WAR!!!

    ZC IS "TO BE" !!!

    PRO(ZC)AC

    ReplyDelete
  7. TO BE........... :-)Cat

    ReplyDelete
  8. ------------TO BE------------------

    ReplyDelete
  9. Defiantly To BE. -Joshua-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Denmark was the first country to put a tax on FAT today: 2.15 EURO per kilo of saturated fat...

    Our war is not over friends...

    A WAR "TO BE" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  11. Denmark needs to get a grip. They are now the FAT POLICE. OMG! I hope that other European nations don't follow suit. Oh yeah I almost forgot............To Be!~Maryzc~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Marycz, yes (DW) just does not understand and never will.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sara, yes you are right. You will live a long healthy life ........ Carry ON!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi :), welcome to my little blog. We are tiny, but powerful lol! I have finally come to that realization that we are always going to remain small. Too bad for the rest. You are always welcome to email me if you have any questions you want to ask in private. The email is at the top right corner. Enjoy the blog and thanks for your kind words. Battle ON!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jane, preparation is a major key. Keep that spirit and you can't go wrong.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Marcus, well at the moment I will keep posting at least a weekly update. Thanks for stopping by.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Pro(ZC)ac, you know I used to look forward to eating out. It is not the same anymore. I find myself not trusting the food and really not enjoying it much. I really only going out to breakfast on the weekend or a brunch where I can get eggs and some meat. Even then you have to be careful.

    Experiments are my little way of keeping things a little interesting .......... yet I have to be careful with that too I guess.

    War is right! I am just waiting for the day my health insurance wants me to guarantee them that I eat 5 servings of fruits and veggies YUK!!!!!!! TO BE

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi :-)Cat, To Be Indeed!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Taylor, To Be now and ever!!!


    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Simon, To Be is the only way to be successful with Our Way of Eating. Thanks my Friend.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi ----Anonymous-----, thanks for the support!


    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Joshua, you are so right! Can there be any other way?

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...