Friday, September 9, 2011

9/9/2011 - Supplemental - Things Stay the Same

Greetings Friends. My Spirits and Energy Levels and Great.

I have been eating Ground Fatty Beef Brisket Patties for the past few weeks and I have to say they taste great. Yet I have some bit of bad news to report. After week two or so I began to get hungry later in the day.

My normal meal for several months have been Barbacoa Omelet for my first meal and Oven baked Fatty Beef Brisket. I almost never ever get hungry with these two meals. My analysis is that I am not getting enough Fat. I tried a similar experiment several months ago and the result was about the same. I thought things might be different now that I am near my optimum weight, but at last it has not. At least not for me.



So what is a (ZC)er to do? Hey it is not rocket science: Go back to what works. What else? HA! I have two packages of Barbacoa in the oven as I type. I ran out about a week ago and I substituted Ham for it for the last week and it is just not the same. Just for a meal or two it is good, but not for everyday. Not for me.

I also have a Fatty Beef Brisket defrosting and plan to have it in the oven tomorrow. Hey it is all good. I love Fatty Beef Brisket and I love my Signature Barbacoa Omelet. So worst case is that I still eat foods I love. I love flavor and these foods a chocked full it.

I still eat Rib eye steaks, Beef and Pork Ribs and so on. Just not everyday. These are usually weekend treats. So I will continue to move forward with Zero Carb and Reap the Rewards. What else? What else Indeed!!!

Have a Great (ZC) Day my Friends and Zero Carb Family. Battle On!!!

(ZC) Back to the Drawing Board or Not



Cheers,

Dave

13 comments:

  1. at least you understand how you react to certain ratios of fat and protein. just keep trying and testing. you will find the right combination. i love the way to keep probing and trying things out.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave you are doing great. I like to eat all kinds of protein. Some I may gain slightly some do not make a difference. I still eat the ones that make me gain, but only on occasion. I would just limit the burgers to weekends or just for a short change. Keep doing what you do. I love your approach and positive attitude. ~Maryzc~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been eating your omelet/brisket combo for about a month and love it. I don't know why you would stray from it except for the weekend treats. Your combination really satisfies me and is not too hard on the pocketbook. I advise to go back to your regular combo and run with it. Just my opinion. -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  4. The point seems to be the fat/protein ratio is more important then the quantity of food eaten.

    But is the "right fat content" an individual need or is it the same for everyone?

    For me, protein alone is a disaster; fat alone also do not work. The combination of protein/fat is excellent but the results seems never to be the same on satiety. Is it that, technically, it is hard to repeat the exact same meal? Or is there other factors intereacting?

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a high fat ratio. If the meats I eat are too lean I don't feel right. My energy is way too low. Beef seems to do the trick if it is real fatty. I don't add extra fat. Brisket seems to agree with me most of the time. Well that's my opinion. Stick to what works. You will be fine.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beef brisket has a fat/protein ration of 1.2 which is a minimum to get into ketosis and burn fat as main source of energy.

    Lean beef has a fat/protein ration of .40 which will oblige your body to transform proteins into carbohydrates to get some energy.

    Eating fat with you protein is a MUST!!!

    To get the same fat content from 8 ounces lean beef filet (21 g fat), compare to the same portion of beef brisket (48 g fat), you NEED to add 3 tablespoons of butter.

    It cannot get easier!!!!!!!!

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  7. I add butter to just about everything. I am not much for tallow so butter is my next best friend in that area. Some have said elsewhere it is not necessary to add fat to beef, but I disagree. I have been a longtime zc'er and have enjoy all that comes with it. Nice site, great host. Thanks.

    Anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sara, thanks for the vote of confidence. Yes I will keep trying, yet I feel that I basically know what I need to maintain and even lose more weight. You are always so sweet and supportive.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Maryzc, I hear ya. That is exactly what I plan to do. I will eat what I know will keep me on the right track, and I will treat myself occasionally. Thanks for you positive comments.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marcus, I hear and obey! HA! Yes I am back to my favorites. Thanks.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pro(ZC)ac, I have to agree with you in both your comments. It is important to be aware of the protein / fat ratio. Is it the same for all. I will have to think on that one, but I think I know. Once again thanks for your insightful comments and contributions to this blog. Battle On my Friend!!!

    (ZC) Knowledge is Power

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jane, Fatty Beef Brisket works fine for me. I don't buy the trimmed ones, so I don't feel need to add fat to that. I do enjoy some garlic butter on my Rib eyes or some other herb butter. Thanks for stopping by.

    Cheers


    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anastasia and welcome to my (ZC) Bizzaro World! I am glad you made it here. It is always nice to get comments from beginners and veterans alike. I have to agree. I do like butter way more than tallow. I made tallow once and I was not too impressed with it. I rather use butter. I would use tallow if that is all I had access to. Thanks for stopping by and for your comments.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...