Monday, October 10, 2011

10/10/2011 - Weekly Update - Birthday Surprise!

Howdy ALL!!!

My Spirits and Energy Levels are at an all time High!

Well what did Dave do today? "Who cares lol!!"

OK I think I recognize that voice? (Oh no voices once again... just when I thought.....). Cyber Mom is that you? I better stop before the loony tune brigade shows up to take me away. Hahaha!!! That crazy laugh ........ Jeez I can't win today.

Comedy hour over and move on:



So what is the big birthday surprise after all? Well like a good hubby I decided to surprise my (DW) and take last Friday off from work to celebrate her birthday. She has to work this weekend and we would have to wait until next weekend to celebrate her big day. I decided to surprise her on Friday.

"So what did you do for your (DW) Dave already???" Hmmm............. yet another voice?

OK............. here we go!

First off we skipped an early meal to make room for Brazilian.

Where? Guri do Sul in The Woodlands.
http://www.guridosulsteakhouse.com/

Anyway we got there right at opening. 11:00 AM to be exact. IMO we should have waited until 12 or 12:30 PM. They had a real nice salad bar with all kinds of exotic veggies and such. I had a couple of different cheeses, Italian salami and prosciutto. The main course of various Brazilian meats mostly Beef, some Chicken, some Pork and Lamb began to arrive to our table in the traditional manner via Gauchos:

(stock photo)

My all time favorites:

(Top Sirloin)

and

(Lamb)

When cooked in this fashion I prefer them over the Rib eye and Filet Mignon that they also serve. 

Here is one of my many plates that I ate that day:

Yours Truly

We had the (ILs) with us and they had a great time. The service was really nice. The interior of the restaurant looked way better than what they put on their website which is actually the bar area. I really don't know why they don't showcase the beautiful interior of the main dinning area.

After the meal we went back home to drop off the (ILs) and proceed back to the Waterway. We spent some time walking along the canal. Then we walked over to the theater to watch a movie called "Contagion".



The movie was pretty good. (DW) really liked it a lot. We have not been to the movies in a long, long time. It was a lot of fun. After that we went back to the Waterway area and chilled out a little. I really like to go to Hubble and Hudson and check out what's going on at the Viking Cooking School. They have a classroom that has glass walls so you can see them in action.

(DW) wanted to go to the Cheesecake Factory for a slice of cheesecake in-lieu of a birthday cake. Yes my all time favorite restaurant lol!!! Hey I was still FAT and HAPPY full of Brazilian to really give a hoot. So we went there early evening and while I enjoyed a nice hot cup of JAVA, (DW) indulged in a slice of White Chocolate Macadamia nut cheesecake.

(The Enemy)

We then went home. I surprised (DW) with flowers and a nice Birthday card. The card featured a little boy of around 5 yrs old on his knees or maybe sitting down on the ground presenting a single stem rose that must have been around 3 feet long to a girl around 5 yrs old standing before him sniffing the rose. It was a real cute picture. They were both dressed in 1940s era get-ups hats and all. 

(similar arrangement)

It was a great day filled with lots of conversation and good times. We have not had a day out together in a long time. This was nice. We really need to make time in our busy schedules to enjoy times like these. Our anniversary is coming soon and I am thinking of going to a Polo Match. We have never been to one and I think it would be fun. I mentioned it to my (DW) and she was game.

I am just cruising along on the Zero Carb front. I am maintaining my current weight of 176 lbs. I still feel that I will be losing more weight in the not too distant future. I feel great. I have a very clear outlook on most things and I could not began to tell you how my Spiritual journey has begun to bloom. I find myself wanting to get involved more and more at church.  I just about have it all. 

Have a Great (ZC) Day my Friends and Zero Carb Family. No Surrender, No Retreat!!!

(ZC) Smell the Roses

Cheers,


Dave

14 comments:

  1. Yep, the voices are mine. Bob also.
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a real nice time. My dh is a real sweetheart like you. He never forgets birthdays or anniversaries. He plans nice outings for those events. Your dw is very lucky. I have girlfriends that always complain about their significant others not taking an active role in celebrations.-Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. dave you showed your wife a great time. she is lucky to have a husband like you. i saw the same movie recently and i thought it was so scary how something like that could really happen.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. You the man Dave. It sounds like you guys had a great time. Contagion is a pretty good movie. I saw it a couple of weeks ago. I love Brazilian too. You picked two of my favorites.

    Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  5. We, ZC folks, really know how to celebrate life and people!!!

    "There is always a way. Always"

    "To be"

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you know how to throw a party Dave! :-)Cat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go! Brazilian is the best. I can't always eat it when I want, but when I do it is always great. I try all the meats available except the sausage. I don't trust what's in it. I also nibble on some of the cheeses and meats available on the salad bar. @@John

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Teri, I knew that was you lol!! Keep the Faith my Friend!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jane, aahh that was really Sweet of you to say. Thank you.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sara, Right? Scary indeed!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Marcus, I try my best don't ya know lol! Hey you are making me hungry!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pro(ZC)ac, there is no doubt that we can do what we set our minds to do. Finding a way or opportunity to help ourselves should be easy. Thanks for stopping by my Friend.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Cat, just call me a party animal. Hahaha!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John, Brazilian is my all time favorite place to eat.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...