Friday, October 14, 2011

10/14/2011 - Supplemental - Don't Turn Your Back

Greetings Friends,

I am having a Great day so far. Zero Carb has never been better and my Spiritual Life is in full Bloom. Thanks to Zero Carb I have achieved a state of mental awareness like never before in my life. I am Focused and Mission driven. This includes all aspects of my life. I can only guess that the toxins that I have consumed over the last 40 years or so have dissipated to the degree that my outlook and attitude has changed for the good.


I continue to eat my usual fare of Fatty Beef Brisket, Barbacoa Omelet and Rib eye steaks. What more could I ask for? What more indeed! I just don't get tired or bored with this menu. It tastes as if I am eating it for the first time every time. In the past it was not always like this. Recently things have become routine, yet not boring. It is a little hard to explain the feeling. I guess that comes with almost any feeling........ go figure.

I am happy to report that I am getting more and more involved with my church. I have recently completed several training sessions that will allow me to Serve the my community including those in Hospitals, Nursing Homes and the Home Bound. Before Zero Carb I wanted to do these things, but somehow I managed to find reasons why I should put it off. Why? Why ask why? I dunno. For ME my new sense of "Awareness" has opened my Heart, Mind and Soul. I find myself wanting to do things I only dreamed of ...... things that were not possible in my former "shape". I have the confidence and attitude that I can do anything I set my mind on.

So I have been a (ZC)er for approximately 16 months. I keep being asked over and over as to when I will start eating "normal" again. Yikes!!! :

* I Speak, yet no one Listens

* I Explain, yet no one Understands

* I Illustrate, yet no one Sees

Should I throw in the towel? Should I say "oh chucks" and just move on? Absolutely Not! Although it may wear me down a little to face ignorance day after day and defending Zero Carb to those who challenge my WOE. There is that little glimmer of hope that I will reach someone. Just yesterday as I was walking by the elevator bank and I came across a Sr. Superintendent from another division. I had not seen him in over a year. I waved at him as I walked by and he motioned me to "come over". We exchange greetings and then his elevator arrived. I did not want to keep him and I said "have a good one" he said "not so fast". He stepped away from the elevator and asked me "What is the secrete to your success?" as he stared at my midsection............ So yes, no matter how hard it is for me to continue to beat the drum I will. You never know ........ you never know.

A blast from the past:

"You may be lost, but you are not forgotten. For those who have travelled far, to fight in foreign lands, know that the (ZC)ers greatest comfort is to have friends close at hand. In the heat of battle it ceases to be an idea for which we fight. Or a flag. Rather we fight for the (ZC)er on our left, and we fight for the (ZC)er on our right. And when armies are scattered and the empires fall away, all that remains is the memory of those precious moments that we spent sided by side."

Have a Great (ZC) Day my Friends and Zero Carb Family. Victory is always at hand, Battle On!!!

(ZC) Make your Stand



Cheers,

Dave

14 comments:

  1. i love the way you inspire and give hope to others on this journey. thanks for your effort.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spiritual life is great Dave. It has got me through many times. I wish you the best on both your journeys. ~Maryzc~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will stand shoulder to shoulder with you Dave. In this battle there are only a few of us and we must stick together. Thank you for this rallying point, for us to express our views on zc. Except for a couple of other places that you actually have to join, this is the only other outlet that I know. **Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the "zc" twist on the Four Feathers quote. You are a talented man. Keep giving us that edge we all need. Thanks.

    :-)Cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will STAND by you. Battle ON!-Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dave you are an inspiration beyond belief. I just came across your blog and I am sold on zc. Thank you for your continued contributions in this journey of yours. You could just ciose shop, but you keep giving. _Sam**

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is amazing how ZC brings us back to basics in every aspects of our life, including taking care of the members of our tribe, as this is a priority for survival...

    To be!

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sara, thanks you always say the nicest things.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Maryzc and thank you. I am glade to hear that I am not the only one that benefits from both Journeys.

    Cheers,


    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Taylor, yes I only know of two other places out their that (ZC) is the main topic of discussion. I hope that there are others. I just have not found them yet.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cat, I sorta like that twist myself. Thank you.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Marcus, Thank you my brother in Arms.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi _Sam**, Thank you for you nice comments. Are you ZC? If so Keep Fighting the Good Fight! If not, Join us. We are always looking for a few good (ZC)ers.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Pro(ZC)ac, again you are right in track. We do need to look out for each other. Earlier I mentioned that I know of only two other places where (ZC) is a main if not a big priority. They handle issues different ways. Sometimes with tough love, sometimes with just love. Regardless of the method at least something is out there for those seeking some guidance or information. To Be indeed my friend. Keep the Faith and Always Battle On!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...