Tuesday, October 4, 2011

10/4/2011 - Weekly Update - "TO BE" INDEED!

Greetings Friends! My Spirits and Energy Levels are Spiking!

First of all I want to thank all that responded in my last post.

"TO BE" INDEED!!!

I mentioned in one of my responses that I am starting to really like eating at home vs eating out. Sunday I grilled up a couple of Rib eyes for (DW) and I. We enjoyed the meal together very much. It always tickles me to see her tear up into a grilled steak. HA!



BTW I slow cooked a couple of racks of Beef Ribs in the oven for about 4 hours. Wow did they just fall off the bone. Jeez!!! Well they were done just as (DW) began to eat her late dinner. She works late and ate a couple of slices of pizza. I served up couple of Beef Ribs and ate with her. Was I really hungry? No, I just wanted to eat them. Is that very wise? No, not really. I try only to eat when I am hungry. Yes I fell into temptation and ate............ Well it looks like you guys and gals need to fired me lol! Hey it is not like I dove into some Twinkies! HA!

Hey I am not the only one that fell into temptation that night. Who else? Can you guess? Right!! It was my very own (DW)! She keep saying "They smell so good". I kept saying "They taste so good". Well she snatched a bit of mine and before you know it she served up a couple for herself. Hahaha!!! Sweet justice! OK maybe that was a little dramatic. I had to tell to stop. HA!

  Well (DW)'s birthday is coming soon and I told her that we can go wherever she wants. She kinda mentioned Asian food. For me tat spells "Water Please". There is way too many veggies and sauces with Asian food for me and you just don't know what the meat is marinated with. Jeez! Hey it is her special day and I will just sit and smile like a good hubby. What else can I do?

I am doing fine on the Zero Carb front, well at least much better since I switched back to Fatty Beef Brisket as my main staple. I have mentioned before that while on grilled burgers, I found myself needing a third meal to get me through the day. All in all I find myself missing that third meal, although I don't need it. What I mean is that I am not hungry for that third meal yet I, well for lack of a better word almost crave it in a sense. I don't know I guess it became routine and I miss it? I guess. I have to admit from time to time I will eat that third meal just to eat. When I do that it is always a small meal. Yet I feel that I need to break that habit (?) and eat only when hungry. I know I will come around.

Jeez it is going to be hard this evening, because I forgot I made those Beef Ribs last night lol!!! I think I will just bring some to work tomorrow for my second meal of the day and get it out of my system. Yes indeed!!! I just love Beef Ribs. Can you tell? HA!

Have a Great (ZC) Day my Friends and Zero Carb Family. No Surrender, No Retreat!!!

(ZC) No Bones About It



Cheers,

Dave

12 comments:

  1. oh dave just stay the course it will all be like before. i hope your wife takes into consideration your great weight loss and picks a zero carb friendly restaurant.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just eat more meat and fat until your sick of it. You know as well as anyone that this stuff fills you up quick and you won't give it a second thought. Those beef ribs have to be very greasy. The fat will get you back in check soon. You ate too lean for too long. Just eat. Your body will adjust. ~Maryzc~

    ReplyDelete
  3. For long-term ZC success, I think there is two important aspects one must discover for himself:

    First, find the adequate portion of fat for the quantity of protein one is eating during a meal, to reach satiety, which means learning when to add (or not add...) extra fat.

    The second: find the eating pattern that suits your lifestyle, choosing between 2 or 3 meals per day adding or not some extra food. I think 2 good meal per day is the best.

    For myself, 2 meals per day are OK but I added 2 little snacks, one middle afternoon and one bedtime, which prevents me from needing a 3rd meal. With this, I can deal with any situation (i.e a stressful day or even a meal at the restaurant).

    It seems Beef Ribs can be considered an "wholesome" food item on ZC; while Beef Burgers could already be considered a "processed item"... But lets us not get into extreme; just let us learn!!!!!







    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave always seems to know how to get my mouth watering lol. Greasy, nasty beef ribs are one of my all time favorites. I like to start them off in the pit and finish them in the oven. I think he has mentioned that here. You get all the flavor from the coal or wood and the tenderness from the oven. The fat appears to be the "just right" combination imo. -Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before you know it all will be like the past. You know the drill. Slow cooked beef ribs are great. They are really tender and yummy. I just put salt and pepper and I am good to go. :-)Cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it funny how most people go ape over fresh cooked beef. How can anyone compare a slice of pizza to beef ribs or a grilled rib eye steak. It just blows them away. The real animal instincts just come out. Joshua

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sara, yes (DW) was very cooperative in that department.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Maryzc, yes I totally agree with you. Too Lean, Too Long. I will try to stay on track with my fat consumption.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pro(ZC)ac, I am with you my friend. Beef ribs are the perfect food. I also agree about the two meals a day. It is what my body asks for on most days.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jane, yes I have mentioned it in the past about starting Beef ribs and Fatty Beef Brisket in the pit them in the oven. It does make a big difference.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cat, Yummy Indeed!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Joshua, Right? Steak over pizza anytime. You just can't compare it.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...