Tuesday, November 29, 2011

11/29/2011 - Weekly Update - Twice As Nice


Greetings Friends,

I am very happy to report a most successful Thanksgiving holiday experience. I had the opportunity to celebrate twice. Once on Thursday and the following Saturday. 


Part 1

Thursday I went to my youngest sister’s house to celebrate with her and another sister’s family. The house was full of my lovely nieces and nephews.  Most of all I was able to visit with my mother that resides with one of my sisters.

We enjoyed feasting on deep fried Turkey and Ham.  Of course all the usual suspects where there. HA! Yes I did make a couple for the occasion. Why? Why ask why!

I played a little one on one basket ball with one of my older nephews. How did I do. Well considering I have not thrown a hoop in over 20 years ………….. well let’s just say I got stomped! Hahahaha!!!!!
All in all I had a great time and look forward to spending more time with my family during Christmas.

Part 2

Now let me see. Yes! I did mention a second Thanks giving celebration. I sure did. This time it was at my house. Poor Dear Wife had to work on Thanksgiving Day. So like a good hubby I planned a celebration on that following Saturday.  I cook a traditional oven roasted Turkey slathered in butter and herbs. Which herbs? Well I am pretty easy. So I just used rosemary and thyme. Oh yeah some kosher salt and cracked black pepper.  Yes, and some traditional sides like: cornbread dressing, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole and a homemade Macadamia White Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake. Ohhh almost forgot the rolls and cranberry chutney.

Yes I can make these things and not be tempted. This is what the “real world” eats and it is what it is. I never plan on not making these things in the future. Unless that is my whole household turns Zero Carb. Let me tellya: It Isn’t Happening. Not in my lifetime. No Sir. No Sir Indeed!

Anyhow we had a guest from out of the country and I picked up my Mom. Everyone raved about the food and we all had a great time.

Our out of the country guest and his wife stayed the night and the next day treated us to breakfast. I found a nice little restaurant nearby and enjoyed an 8 oz flatiron steak with three over easy eggs with a side of bacon. The meal was not bad considering that the steak was overcook. Flatiron steak is very forgiving when overcooked. It is still pretty tender. It has to do with the cut of beef.

Good food, Great company………… what more could I want?

Have a great (ZC) Day my Zero Carb Friends and Family. Live Long, Stay Strong and Always Battle On!!!

(ZC) Nothing to Gobble About



Cheers ,

Dave

10 comments:

  1. that's real nice dave. i love the time spent with family. i really don't care too much for the food.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree that makes you a better person when it comes time for cooking: for example, this homemade seems a killer. Reality making that it is a real killer in every senses of the word!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you got around. When I was younger I would visit 3 to 4 different households of friends and family. I love turkey, especially fried turkey. :-)Cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good food, good times. What more can you ask for? I had a real good time with family and friends too.-Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I could go for some fried turkey. My friend over cooked one last year lol. It looked really bad. I love the dark meat. That way I don't have to worry about it being dry. Well I ate tons of it this season. ~Maryzc~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sara, well I gotta say the family time is great. I do love the roasted turkey and smoked turkey. I can take or leave ham. Growing up we did not consume much pork. We ate mostly chicken.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pro(ZC)ac, yes I do agree homemade is the way to go. I get raves on most my food. I have a secrete ingredient: TLC.............

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cat, its a lot of fun visiting friends and family. I just have to make sure I don't eat too much at one place lol!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jane, better than good: GREAT!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Maryzc, fired turkey is good. Dark meat is the best. I have always liked the dark meat with chicken and turkey.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...