Friday, December 9, 2011

12/9/2011 - Weekly Update - Going the Distance

Great Day All. My Spirits and Energy levels and good. No cravings, no cheats or tummy troubles.

Just a little flash from the past. Anyhow. I am pleased to report some minor movement on the scale. Hooray!!! Nothing big, but some is better than nothing.I am looking forward to this Christmas season. I have family that will be visiting and my international visitor that will be at my place on Christmas Day. I guess another round or turkey will be on the menu. This time we will have smoked turkey and a regular roasted turkey. I will brine the turkey to be roasted. I have heard of some pros and cons of brining pre-basted turkeys, but I will attempt to do so anyway.



Wow this lifestyle oh so NORMAL now. Normal Indeed! If I lived alone I would not give SAD a second thought or would I? HHHMMM would I? Well yes and no. Great answer Dave you gave the typical politician answer. Jeez...........

OK. No, because I don't care to eat that stuff, but I do respect the wishes of those who do. Like a forum member stated lately " I not going to be a Zero Carb Nazi". Well maybe not those exact words but very close. I respond that I agreed with that stance.

OK Yes, because I still love to cook SAD. YIKES!!!! I do enjoy creating or tweaking recipes and getting feedback. I have stated before in the past and will do so again. I look at cooking as an ART. It's just my opinion and I don't expect anyone to agree with me. It is just my opinion, End of Story.

I can't wait to see my Sister and  Niece/Goddaughter later this month. They are my California connection. They will be here for the holidays and then away to Europe for a long while. Wow, this will be the perfect excuse to visit them there.

Now everyday I face the decision to stay on  the Straight and Narrow to give in to what I know won't do this body good. I mentioned above that I love to cook and create "art" with food. That was the whole reason I wanted to launch my Zero Carb Food Blog. The problem with that is some folks consider things not just cooked meat "Frakenfoods" hhhhmmmm............. I can see their point and yet I am torn to agree. I guess for someone that is not Strong of Will may be tempted to stray. I guess. I just want some alternatives and variety. This is something to consider.

Have a great (ZC) Day my Friends and Zero Carb Family. Fight for Whats Right, Hear the Call!!!

(ZC)er Now and Forever



Cheers,

Dave

10 comments:

  1. dave i hope you have a good visit with your sister and goddaughter. i am learning to cook and have used some of your recipes from the blog.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any movement is a good movement, that is if it is in the right direction. Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy time with your family.-Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas :-)Cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a lot of place for cooking special and unique dishes on ZC. It can be, if you wish, simple grill meat, but it can also be a different cut of meat, a different array of spices, a different way of cooking and limitless 'added fat combinations', butter being the king!!!

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you believe that in a city of a million people I ran into Jennifer yesterday!! I got her email and phone #. I sent her an email with a link to your blog. She's doing good. I just got to talk to her for a minute. We were both getting on a trolley but going in different directions. I got her phone # also. She said she was fine with me giving them to you. I'll email them to you.
    teri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sara, I am having a great visit with them, thank you very much. I hope you are enjoying the holidays.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas Jane. I am enjoying this time with my family.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas Cat!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right you are Pr(ZC)ac, cooking Zero Carb can be an adventure. Endless spices really do the trick. Enjoy the holidays my Friend.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Teri, isn't it great to meet folks like that? You just never know. I hope you are enjoying your holidays. My sister is here now visiting from your part of the county. I have not heard anything as of yet from Jenifer. I look forward to it. Tell Bob "Howdy" for me. Thanks for keeping in touch.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...