Sunday, April 22, 2012

4/22/2012 - The Experiment 2.0 Day16

Greetings. Spirits OK, Energy level OK.


Things are not so great right now health wise. My foot pain escalated and it got swollen, red and tons of pain. I mean I could not stand on it. I kept thinking it would subside, but it didn't and got worse. It was to a point that I could not stand on it and had to hop around. Jeez!!! 


So I went to Woodlands Emergency Center, well actually I thought it was St. Luke's Urgent Care, but the hospital sold it and the new company turned it into an (so called) Emergency Center. What a joke. I should have paid a $60.00 copay, but instead I paid $200.00 copay for my TEN (10) minutes of time spent there. Jeez. 


Then I get a prescription that my "Cheap" worthless insurance only covers thru Mail Order. HMMMM let me see I have a foot infection and now I will wait until I receive a mail order. Oh yeah it is Saturday night so when may I actually get it. So what did I do? Well I paid $129.00 for seven (7) freaking pills. Thank God I am not that cheap. Why? Because while I am not cured it is actually getting a little better. I passed on the Vicodin and chose to use 600 mg of Ibuprofen instead. I do not want to use pain killers. I will hold out until I can't stand it. It's my personal choice.



Enough of that. Now for what really counts on this blog. Yes, the Experiment. Well I managed to hop on the scale and although I stuck to the plan, I got a surprise that I did not understand:



Results thus far:

(Please let me know if I mess up on my math below, I might add or subtract incorrectly) 



Day 1 = (0) 0.0 lbs
Day 2 = (-)  0.2 lbs = loss   0.2 lbs
Day 3 = (+) 2.0 lbs =  gain  1.8 lbs
Day 4 = (-) 1.2 lbs  = gain   0.6 lbs
Day 5  = (-) 1.0 lbs = loss   0.4 lbs (bonus time)
Day 6 =  (-) 1.2 lbs = loss   1.6 lbs (it's only going to get better)
Day 7 =  (-) 1.6 lbs = loss   3.2 lbs (twice as nice)
Day 8  =  (-) 1.0 lbs = loss  4.2 lbs (I'll take it)
Day 9  =  (-) 1.0 lbs =  loss 5.2 lbs (just a pound? oh well)
Day 10 = (-) 0.6 lbs = loss  5.8 lbs (only half a lb? I give up lol)
Day 11 = (-) 1.0 lbs = loss  6.8 lbs (give me more)
Day 12 = (-) 1.0 lbs = loss  7.8 lbs (I said GIVE ME MORE)
Day 13 = (-) 1.0 lbs = loss 8.8 lbs (someone is not listening to me)
Day 14 = (-) 1.0 lbs = loss 9.8 lbs (OK mouth shut)
Day 15 = (-) 1.0 lbs = loss 10.8 lbs (I know, I know)
Day 16 = (-+)  0 lbs = ??? 10.8 lbs ( just don't know)



Hey I am not worried, not at all. I will continue and report what really happens. I am sticking to the plan and will not deviate. No matter what. I am committed to see this through for 30 total days and more than likely an additional 30 days in which I will continue with the daily updates. Of course as promise all will be told after the first 30 days. 


No Excuses, none at all. At the end of the day I am losing weight, although I wish it was faster lol!!! Hey always, always demand more. Don't settle for less.


Have a Healthy Day my Friends and Family. Good Times, Bad Times, it does not make a difference. Keep pushing Forward, Keep Strong!!!


Today's Menu: Black Coffee, H20, Seltzer Water, Chorizo (Mexican Sausage) and Egg, and Smoked Turkey. 


Never Say Die
Cheers,


Dave

10 comments:

  1. And then we thought ZC would protect us from all illnesses…

    The swollen foot can easily explain why your weight did not go down as well as the IBUPROFEN which is known to cause water retention. As soon as this episode is over, if you stick to your 'secret experiment', you should see a dramatic weight loss…

    I would ask myself if this phenomenon is not in relation to your recent throat infection??? IBUPROFEN is probably the best choice of treatment for the time being as painkillers do not treat anything and as the water retention effect is just temporary.

    As for the cost of health care, it is a mirror of the exploitation of ignorance of our society, brainwash to overconsume carbs. Some people are making money here and they know there business…

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pro(ZC)ac Thanks again as always for your input. Jeez Healthcare should be easy, yet it is so hard. What can you do? Battle On my Friend!!!

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  2. sorry to hear your foot got worse. get well and continue to lose weight. i know you can do it.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara, thanks young one. I appreciate the comments.

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  3. Get better Dave, and just hang in there. Better times are coming soon. I am amazed at your weight loss so far.-Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, yes betters times will come soon. They have too!!!

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  4. Oh wow you can't get a break. Poor thing. I am so sorry for all the pain and sickness you have been going through recently.

    Keep your spirits up. You will be your old self soon.

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Taylor, thanks for your support and sympathy. I am trying my best to get there.

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  5. ****Hope you are up and dancing again soon. Foot pain is so disruptive to every day living. I hope your wife is "waiting on you hand and foot" LOL****

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous, disruptive indeed! DW has been on the ball taking care of me. I am grateful for that. Now don't get me started on dancing lol!!!

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...