Sunday, May 6, 2012

5/6/2012 - The Experiment 2.0 Day 30

Hello there. My Spirits are Great and my Energy levels are good.

So we finally made it y'all. Yes indeed. I mentioned that I would finish my Meds by Monday I miscalculated. I will finish my Meds today!!! YYYEEESSS!!!



For the last time? :


Results thus far:

(Please let me know if I mess up on my math below, I might add or subtract incorrectly)

Day 1 = (0) 0.0 lbs
Day 2 = (-)  0.2 lbs = loss   0.2 lbs
Day 3 = (+) 2.0 lbs =  gain  1.8 lbs
Day 4 = (-) 1.2 lbs  = gain   0.6 lbs
Day 5  = (-) 1.0 lbs = loss   0.4 lbs (bonus time)
Day 6 =  (-) 1.2 lbs = loss   1.6 lbs (it's only going to get better)
Day 7 =  (-) 1.6 lbs = loss   3.2 lbs (twice as nice)
Day 8  =  (-) 1.0 lbs = loss  4.2 lbs (I'll take it)
Day 9  =  (-) 1.0 lbs =  loss 5.2 lbs (just a pound? oh well)
Day 10 = (-) 0.6 lbs = loss  5.8 lbs (only half a lb? I give up lol)
Day 11 = (-) 1.0 lbs = loss  6.8 lbs (give me more)
Day 12 = (-) 1.0 lbs = loss  7.8 lbs (I said GIVE ME MORE)
Day 13 = (-) 1.0 lbs = loss 8.8 lbs (someone is not listening to me)
Day 14 = (-) 1.0 lbs = loss 9.8 lbs (OK mouth shut)
Day 15 = (-) 1.0 lbs = loss 10.8 lbs (I know, I know)
Day 16 = (-+)  0 lbs = loss 10.8 lbs ( just don't know)
Day 17 = (-)  0.2lbs  = loss 11 lbs (good grief)
Day 18 = (-+) 0 lbs = loss 11 lbs (Think Positive)
Day 19 = (+)   1 lb =  loss 10 lbs (what a bummer)
Day 20 = (-+) 0 lbs = loss 10 lbs (OK)
Day 21 = (-) 1.2 lbs = loss 11.2 lbs (Confused? I am)
Day 22 = (-) 1.6 lbs = loss 12. 8 lbs (Huh?)
Day 23 = (-) 1.0 lbs = loss 13.8 lbs (back on track)
Day 24 = (-) 0.8 lbs = loss 14.6 lbs (not a peep)
Day 25 = (-) 1.0 lbs = loss 15.6 lbs (nice)
Day 26 = (-) 0.6 lbs = loss 16.2 lbs (hum, hum, hum)
Day 27 = (-) 0.8 lbs = loss 17 lbs (upward a little)
Day 28 = (-) 1.2 lbs = loss 18.2 lbs (just coasting)
Day 29 = (-) 0.8 lbs = loss 19 lbs (just about done)
Day 30 = (-) 1.0 lbs = loss 20 lbs (The End or is it?)


I am doing my happy dance y'all. OK then, what about the big Mystery Diet aka The Experiment? Time to tell all? Right.........well where to start? I guess at the beginning. Sounds good to me.

So why did Dave really start the Experiment? Let the truth be told now:

It all started a few months before the Experiment. I started to overeat. Not just that, but I started to eat a third meal when I was not hungry at all. I just did not care. My DW (dear wife) gets home late, so I make her dinner as she showers. I always just sit with her and talk about her day like a good hubby. Mind you it is about 9 pm at this time. I usually just drink seltzer water or plain black coffee or nothing. No big deal. Well first off I started to eat more at my regular meals actually mostly on my second meal of the day. I did this just to eat. I did not stop when satisfied I just kept eating. That went on for a while and I began to gain a little weight. If that was not bad enough I started to eat "just a little" when I sat with DW for a late dinner then my portions grew in size and my weight increased. HOW MUCH? I really don't want to tell, but I will: 205 lbs. A far cry from 280 lbs my all time high, but far from my all time low of 174 lbs. So now I am at 185 lbs.

When I hit 205 I panicked and thought WTF .....the (F) did not mean frack in this case..... is going on with you DAVE???? What indeed? It's like I came out of a coma. Jeez what a dope. So in my desperation to kick start ZC I came across some information from a "True Angel". This person is private so I won't reveal anything whatsoever about this person and just use the term "Angel" for reference.

Anyway my Angel showed me the light. That is this weight reduction diet. But is flexible enough to do it via ZC if you want. You will get the same results no matter what you eat. My Angel has had great success reached the goal that the Angel set. Now the Angel is in maintenance.

I really had a hard time with the overeating. My Angel took precious time out to help me. My Angel coached me and gave me support. My Angel always answered my emails with sound advice and encouragement. I am in the Angel's debt. I have never met my Angel in person, but by fate. I am just very fortunate to have the pleasure of this person, this Angel with all the wisdom and talent guided me through this desperate time in my life. Yes, a true Angel indeed.

The Experiment = The 5bd aka The 5 Bite Diet by Dr. Alwin C. Lewis

This is the concept in a nutshell: You continue your "Overnight Fast" until Lunch . Then you eat your dinner and then the fast begins again. It is good to be consistent. So what do you eat? Glad you asked. ANYTHING you want. Yes I said ANYTHING YOU WANT. The catch? Well it's in the name: 5 Bite Diet. So yes 5 bites of anything you want. No more no less. One exception: if both your meals did not have protein then you take one bite of Protein with your second meal. Actually Snickers is considered the perfect 5 bites. So some on the diet eat only two Snickers a day.

Breakfast = Fast. You can have any none caloric drink (coffee, tea, water...)
Lunch = 5 bites of anything what-so-ever
Dinner = 5 bites of anything what-so-ever (one extra bite of protein if none was eaten with lunch or dinner)
One multi-vitamin a day.

As you see the Diet is: That Simple, That Easy as you have seen.

It is like getting the diet that Gastric Bypass patients get without the actual surgery. It's the reduction in food consumption that makes them lose weight not the surgery. No one complains on how much they eat or I should say how little they eat. Also this is a weight reduction diet not a WOE for life. According to the good Doctor you would have to weigh 50 pound for 5 bites twice a day to be optimum for you. You increase the bites when you reach your goal weight to you balance out. You may even go back to three meals a day if you wish. You are fine tuning your body for: PORTION CONTROL.

All I can say is that it put the brakes on for me with my out of control eating and I lost 20 lbs to boot. I sure did. I stand by it 100%. So yes I tweaked it to fit ZC, but as you can see that amount of food is going to give you results. A regular size Snickers is a little over 2 oz. That was just a little to small for me. So I averaged between 2.5 and 3 ounces per meal.

I will do another 30 day Challenge on the 5 bite diet Starting this Monday. Call me crazy or call me brave, but I have to do something and I am enthusiastic how I would fare on this Diet now that I am almost back to normal. On ZC I could not break the 174 lb no matter how I tried. I did not stay long at 174 and hovered in the 180s until I started to gain. This will get me over the top.

So there you go. If you want more gory details post a comment or email.

This post is too long. Tomorrow I will talk about the Other WOE I mentioned. Now I can title post "5BD Day 1" on my next 30 day challenge. Who am I challenging? Myself of course. HA!

Have a Healthy Day My Friends and Family. The Truth was Told at Last. Battle On!!!

Link to Dr. Lewis Private Forum (paid members only)
http://www.theslimmingstation.com/book.php

Dr. Lewis book:

Why Weight Around? Changing The Weight Loss Strategy

Cheers,

Dave

12 comments:

  1. Dave - Interesting stuff. One thing I am curious about is how were your hunger levels? I'm guessing it was brutal at the beginning, but did it get much better? How quickly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave O, brutal not really. If you are a coffee drinker the caffeine really helps. I love coffee plain and black. So I did not start to drink it for the diet. One concept that I forgot to mention is the "Hungerstat" most people take 3-5 days to adjust to the food amounts. It took about 5 days the first time around and almost 7 the second time around.

    You will be surprised how that amount of food will satisfy you. Just think when you eat now: "did I really need to eat the whole thing?" Just like ZC we should stop at a point and not make a happy plate.

    Little Brother if you can hang tough for a week. Stick to a strict schedule. You can change your life for good. Just seeing the weight come off should motivate you. That is why I will continue down this road.

    You have to be consistent and FOCUSED. It really is very easy. I do recommend a food scale if you don't have one. A digital one that is. No guessing about the amount you eat. Any other questions? Just ask. I will post a little more about this Diet tomorrow along with some info on another WOE I stumbled upon and yes it can be tweaked for ZC if you really want too.

    Thanks for stopping by my Friend. Keep the Faith and Battle On!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots of great info. sorry to hear about the gain.i am glad that you are about where you were in the past. another 30 days should get you past your all time low. i really agree with this method.i am also glad that you are almost back to normal health.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara, and thanks. It was tough and I had to do something to get back on track.

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  4. You really took me by surprise. Sorry to hear about your recent struggles. I am glad to see you found a way out. I have no doubt that you can always find a way as you have stated many times in your various posts. Now that we know what you are doing I can research this myself. I will let you know what I think of it after that. I can't wait for your next 30 day challenge.:-)Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat, yes I can't wait too, but....

      Thanks for stopping by. Do the research.

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  5. Good to see that you are doing better and I am amazed at your experiment. I did not have a clue that it was the 5bd. I can't wait to see more results. Keep posting away. I am excited and waiting to see how you do.-Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane and thank you so much. I will keep doing it and losing more weight but....

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  6. Extremely interesting diet! In fact, it corresponds to what is call "intermittent fasting": you eat twice a day and try to get at least 16 hours without eating. This puts your insulin levels down. Of course, if you downsize your portions as you do with 5 bites, you push your insulin levels even lower. Finally, if it is ZC food, you are a winner!!!

    You have also experienced the "dark side" of ZC : overeating. I think what happens to many of us is that we keep the same "social pattern" of eating of high-carb folks forgetting that ZC food items are high in energy. And stopping to eat when you are no more hungry is not always easy after nearly half a life of an overeating pattern…

    I am pround you stayed on the ZC wagon even if you were on a different track for a time. We all did this and it is a normal step in learning. I am sure you feel stronger then ever!!!

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pro(ZC)ac, the "dark side" indeed"! It feels good to get that off my chest. This diet was "easy" in the sense that I already was practicing the two meals and the fast before things when out of control. This diet put me back on track to where I was as an eating pattern.

      The only differences was that I had morning and afternoon meals. Now I have afternoon and evening meals. Of course also the portion size.

      I was able to adapt to it well. I really don't know what possessed me with the overeating. That was scary to say the least.

      I feel great and stronger than ever. I have a breath of new life and vigor. Battle On!!!

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  7. Outrageous Dave, simply outrageous in a good way. I would never had guessed. As long as you are good with it, who are we to judge. I am just glad that you post and tell it as it is.-Marcus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcus, yes telling it all was a good thing. It has made stronger. I would not expect to be judged by this little community of "family and friends" we have here. I always get support and I try to give in return.

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...