Monday, December 17, 2012

12/17/2012 - Tired of Being Tired

Greetings Friends. My Spirits are very good. My Energy level could be much better.

Well I have been procrastinating putting up Christmas decorations. I did put some up  a couple of weeks ago with the tree, but I did not finish all the other decorations such as exterior lights and the dinning room table among other things.

I got my BUTT up into the attic and retrieved the rest of the decorations. I got my ladder and started to put things into place outside first before it got dark. I did not  put all the lights that I have in the recent past, but I did put out a lot. I then decorated the dinning area and some more decorations in the living area.

Everything came out really nice. My dear wife (DW) and I actually sat in the living area listen to some Christmas music and talked for a good while. It was nice. We have not done that in some time. Btw I did some Christmas shopping on my way home from work.



So what do I have to complain about? Everything seems to be really nice and positive........ right?? Well yes and no. OK here we go: This is not really a complaint. It is an observation.

First: I had to go up into the attic to get the decorations and lights. My ceilings are sort of high. I want to guess at least 12 feet or more. I went up and down the attic ladder several times. I found myself struggling a little. I could feel my legs shake a little as I came down the ladder. The strength just was not there.

Second: I whole body feels like crap. I am sore beyond belief. I only worked for about three hours inside and out and I feel really sore especially my lower back. I am not happy with this at all.

Third: .... is there a third? I guess not. I am just disappointed. This just reinforces my idea of exercising. I was not going to post at all tonight. Y'all just don't know how worn out I am. Does this have to do with my diet? No. I contribute this to my age and inactivity.

Look-it: I can't just let myself go down the drain. I really need to get motivated and start some kind of exercise. I am so disappointed right now. OK I will get over this and life will go on. I am still having a hard time getting into gear and starting a exercise regiment. I really want to start to lift weights. I want to gain back some strength that I have lost.

Am I crazy? Crazy like a Fox!!! OK I am sure just about no one knows that little silly phrase. That's OK I will survive.

Have a Healthy Day my Friends and Family. Battle On!!!

(ZC) Tired and True




Cheers,

Dave

6 comments:

  1. Great to see you posting. I know what you mean about getting older and losing strength. Your muscles were shaking because of in activity. You probably don't go up and down ladders much or walk long flights of stairs. Those muscles are dormant in a sense.

    I would either do some old fashioned exercises or stretch and do some light, really light lifting. Anyway that's my thoughts.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simon, great to see you here. Hey I will be the first to admit the inactivity. I appreciate your thoughts and will put some of those suggestions into action.

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  2. I usually feel run down during the holidays. So many things to do and so little time to do them. Is everything OK with you? :-)Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat, ain't that the truth. Holidays are like a double edge sword.

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  3. I do also, sometimes, feel this kind of problem.

    Of course, my first reaction is always to question my ZCWOE…

    Except that if I keep "busy physically everyday" which means working around the house and in the garden or just taking a walk, I just feel great.

    It seems daily light exercise of any kind just do the trick… and no real need for intense gym workout…

    Anyway, our body was created to WALK so we could migrate during the year to regions where we could find animals to hunt… and maybe a few plants to eat if we could not catch any pray… and then, in the evening, we would seat and simply enjoy life like you did with DW……… and feel great.

    The recipe for health and happiness is much more simple than we all think……..!!!!!

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pro(ZC)ac, I agree with you about getting oneself moving. My problem is nowadays I am a desk jockey. Not like the days of old when on a weekly basis I found myself "mixing it up" a bit. I used to be on my feet and took an active role in some type of physical activities outside work.

      Now........

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...