Thursday, December 20, 2012

12/20/2012 - Another Day, Another Choice

Greetings all. My Spirits are good and my Energy levels are getting a little better.

I got some well deserved rest last night. So what does that mean anyway. OK, actually I got a lot of rest yesterday. After I came home I just crashed and burned. I have been getting very little sleep these past few days. So now I am rested. I need to keep rested. I just have the bad habit of going on a trend of 3-5 hour nights of rest and start the trend again until I crash and burn once again.

We had our Christmas party yesterday. We had BBQ. At least that is what they called it. The Pork Ribs were black and dry. The sausage  look like "mystery meat" it was brown sometime like brown and serve links. They tasted OK, but not like real sausage. I limited my portion. I ate some deviled eggs, that were a little sweet, so again I limited myself to one.

Now I am thinking about Saturday's party. I have confirmed ten folks including my little family. I am thinking of inviting maybe one or two more. I am not sure at this point. OK the main course will Spiral Ham for sure. I was going to make BBQ chicken and Pure TEXAS "no filler" Beef sausage, but now I am not sure. For the appetizers I will serve a Tex-Mex Favorite of Chili con Queso Dip and tortilla chips and Herb Chicken Wings.



How about the sides Dave? Well some traditional deals such as green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, maybe some frijoles a la charra and Spanish rice. Yes carb filled delights for folks who eat that way. No sweat off my back, to each their own. I have not settled on all that yet, but I will know by tomorrow. I always start cooking the night before so that I won't feel rushed the next day since I do all the cooking.

OK enough with the menu. I am coming to some decisions that I will speak about in the not to distant future. I also owe y'all a SECRET that I have been "HORDING". Nothing too dramatic, but something interesting.

That is about it. I am still getting back into the grove of posting more often. I know I skipped a day, but to tell you the truth it was not intentional. I just forgot.

Have a Healthy Day My Friends and Family. Make your Choices count, Keep On Keeping On and Always Battle On!!!

(ZC) More Powerful than a Locomotive





Cheers,

Dave

4 comments:

  1. Well, well, well… this is the Dave I know always ready to cook for others… which is, nowadays, very generous as many people that say 'they cook' then to serve higly processed easy to serve stuff… sausage being a good example!!!!!!!!!!

    Anyway, cooking the 'sides' is always the delicate stuff… but since we are so good at it because of our history, let's enjoy preparing them!!!!

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pr(ZC)ac, have pan will cook! Ha!!!I don't like using prepackaged foods and I don't care much for having things pre-made stuff made at stores or restaurants if I can help it. I really enjoy home cooking the best. Most folks love my cooking and have encouraged me to open a restaurant. If cooking was the only thing to worry about, but we know that there is a slew of things that needs to be done in addition to the cooking.

      Pro(ZC)ac I bet that you were a chef in another life. Take care my Friend!!!

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  2. You are always so thoughtful to others. You don't judge them and accept them for who they are. Thanks for that.-Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane and you are very much welcome. Hey I don't want them to judge me, so I try hard as heck not to be on the other end. Thanks for stopping by and the nice comment.

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...