Tuesday, January 1, 2013

1/1/2013 - Fresh Year.....Fresh Start......

Greetings Friends!!! Happy New Years to one and all. My Spirits and Energy levels are very good.

Wow so we did not crash and burn at the end of the Mayan calender. No we did not. So have we be given a second chance? OK, enough with that.

What will 2013 bring to us? What indeed!!! I truly hope it brings Joy and Happiness to all. Will it bring challenges? Sure why not. A new year is simply a passage of time. That being said it also marks a new beginning to a lot of folks who,like me, like to mark time. Did that make sense???

Well, it did to me. So for all of those out there that needed this as a time to start or begin something..... something like well lets say .....uh.... another way of eating. Yes why not? Well, here is your opportunity to jump or dive right in. Right in indeed!!! Try it again? Why not? No shame or "extra charge" for those who tried and failed, but want to reap the rewards that many of us enjoy.



For those of us that have already enjoyed this way of eating (WOE) and have reaped the rewards, it marks another year gone by enjoying superior health and just the sense of Well Being. Yes, you too could REAP those Rewards if you are so inclined.

I feel for myself that this is going to be a really big year a big year indeed. I think that many things will happen to me during this time. Why? Great question thank you very much. Well the reason is I am involved in a few things that just might make that happen. Some of my choosing and some....well lets just say I have been "volunteered" for certain things. HA!!!!

Hey time will tell and I hope that I have many good if not great things to report throughout the year. I hope that some of you share some things too. I do have to say that my Holidays were most excellent. Too much food, too much wine and not enough Cigars. HA!!! Yes, I do drink some wine from time to time. I try to pick a nice dry red wine. No worries here. It is not a daily thing. I do enjoy coffee and that is indeed a daily thing, most of the time. I enjoy a nice black or Bulletproof Coffee with a good Cigar. Every once in awhile I also enjoy a nice dry red wine with my Cigar.

I am rededicating myself to eat more Beef this year. I will try to cut back on the pork. Why? Well mostly because I am not a very big pork fan to start with. I think Beef in  whatever form is the best for "ME". Whatever other (ZC)ers eat is their business not mine. This is what I feel that is best for me. I am no Guru and never will be one. No, not I said the (ZC)er. HA!!! Oh I will still enjoy my occasional Chicken especially wings and leg quarters. Lets not forget about Lamb and Goat.

Hey don't get me wrong, all meat is good as far as I am concerned. I just want to eat more Beef. I wish I could afford more Goat and Lamb, but where I live it is pretty expensive. That's OK. I will treat myself from time to time.

Have a Healthy Day my Friends and Family. A New Year, A New Adventure! Life is Good if not Great!!! Keep The Faith and Always Battle On!!!

(ZC) 2013 Year of the Steak!!!




Cheers,

Dave

10 comments:

  1. **** Happy New Year Dave!!****
    Always great to read your updates....I am doing awesome and hope I can continue to battle on and reap the rewards of my efforts. You know how badly I have struggled and I finally feel like I am taking control and determining my destiny.
    Looking forward to your updates in 2013! ****

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous****, I am so happy for you!!! Keep on doing what you do and keep reaping those rewards. I am glad that we keep in contact via email. I am always just an email away or a call. Please don't hesitate. You are an inspiration my Friend. Keep in the Fight and do what's Right and never forget to Always Battle On!!!

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! Sorry for not commenting sooner. Nice post btw. I look at the start of the new year of renewing my thoughts and feeling about many things which includes zc. I thank God for all the goodness he has provided me and my family all year long. I hope you and all here are doing well and that we keep this little community of ours as prozac has mentioned. -Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, hey don't sweat it. Lots going on at this time of the year. A whole new world my Friend. We are a nice little community indeed!!!

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  3. i'm here with the rest. i had a great time with family and friends for the holidays. i stayed up all night dancing for new years.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara, I never have any doubts about you. I happy that you had some fellowship during the holidays. Hey I used to dance a bit myself back in the day. HA!!!

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  4. I don't know why but I have a good feeling about 2013. I usually do not talk this way as I always try to support my sayings. But this is the way it is…

    I always thought "meat is meat is meat" but the more I read, I am not sure about this. So everyone should try what kind of meat (or cut) works for them. Of course, the way animals are farmed today may have an impact on there quality but this is a field I rather stay away from…

    So let's wish our little family a fantastic 2013, a year full of new ideas and concepts, a year to grow and learn, a year of serenity and, why not, a year of fun!!!

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pro(ZC)ac, I feel the same way my Good Friend about 2013.

      A (ZC)er has many faces and one mask does not fit all. HA!

      I wish I could afford organic or range feed beef, but I can't at this stage of my life. I agree with you about farmed animals. Ah Serenity indeed!!! Fight the Good Fight My Good Friend and Always Battle On!!!

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  5. Anonymous, Jane,Sara,Pro(ZC)ac and all. I am grateful for this blog as am sure you are in many different ways. Sometimes I wonder if Dave will be back and then here he is again. I thank him for keeping this place open.

    It is nice to know that out there is a place that understands our WOE. I know that there are a couple of other places or so that exist out there that share our thoughts, but they have predetermined how we should think and most are not willing to share their thoughts freely and unbiased. So I too am optimistic about 2013 and what it may bring. Well put Pro(ZC)ac. @Simon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simon, I am grateful for you and others that take time to comment. Hey I wonder that about myself too. HA!!!

      I can't and won't speak for "OTHER Places" they help in their own ways and I appreciate that from them. I am still a member of ZIOH and wish them success in all their endeavors.

      Optimistic indeed!!! 2013 will be a year that will.....well who knows? Thanks for stopping by.

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...