Monday, January 14, 2013

1/14/2013 - The 5 Bite Diet Day ONE 2.0 Ala ZC


Greetings Friends and Family. My Spirits and Energy levels are good if not great!

OK then. Get ready, Start your engines....... red......yellow.....green and he's off!!! To where you may ask, well my Trek on the 5 Bite Diet of course! So how do I feel about the whole thing? Rather great I should say. OK I have to admit.... 
OMG what is Dave going to admit too. What could it be? Did he, did he.....

Jeez you would have thought I robbed a bank or something. Yes, the blue text indicates that someone interrupted my confession. OMG....a confession and everything....... 

Jeez part two...... anyhow my confession: I confess that I am excited about this chapter in my life. So, no you don't have to inform INTERPOL that you have a confession of an international diamond thief or anything of the sort.


Back to the CONFESSION: This 5 Bite Diet will be used for a time of meditation. A time to reflect on my past life and try to finally make some changes for the good, yes.... positive changes that will help me be the best that I can be. I do confess that I have not done all that I can do.  Who has? I really don't care. 

Why do I not care?  Well the reality is: we all have to find it within ourselves to find the "PLACE" where this reality exists. Life is about food, yes it is, but......... there is so much more. I have mentioned before that I am in search of Good if not Great Health.......... for "ME" this should include: Mind....Body.....and Soul.

PuRe SeReNiTy

Take me High, 
Take me Low, 
Take me to where I want to go, 
You can't steal my Joy from me since I found Serenity

With no further adieu:

Results thus far:

(Please let me know if I mess up on my math below, I might add or subtract incorrectly)

Day 1 = (0.0) = 00.0 lbs loss current weight: 180.0 lbs (just starting, OK, I am up a few pounds, be nice)

Hunger pages: Yes, very much so, but settled after some java aka caffeine. 

Menu: 
Morning Fast: Plain Black Coffee, H2O, Seltzer water

1st Meal: Rosemary chicken leg meat 2.6 oz.

2nd Meal: Bulletproof Chai Tea (new one)

OK, I did add some pounds to my all time low of 165.8 lbs at the end of the last 5BD that ended mid June of 2012. It crept up and more so during the holidays. No one really noticed since I was still wearing the same clothes and did not look to much different than now. But I know and I want to attempt to get back down to that weight or even lower. I feel that my body will know when I am at the right weight.I will just listen to it. No I did not go on a carb craze, I just lost my way from portion control and the basic Zero Carb Rule: Eat Only When Hungry. I found myself eating out of boredom or whatever. I need to reset my portion control clock and I think this will do the trick or will it? Let's find out.

I heard a gasp in the crowd about the Bulletproof Chai Tea. Well I have not tried it yet, but I will report on it tomorrow. I actually thought about it last night because we had a small cold front coming in and I love a nice spicy Chai Tea to warm the insides, so then I thought, "Hey why not add butter, blend it and use it as a meal like Bulletproof Coffee." So to answer I think it was Sara: Yes I will use Bulletproof Coffee as a meal as well as Bulletproof Chai Tea. Yes, you heard it first from this blog: Bulletproof Chai Tea..... I guess... HA!

So this is the format I will use. I am open to suggestions during the first week only. Then it will stay basically the same. Most of the post will be short and sassy just like ME. They will be daily unless something beyond my control happens. Again this 5BD self imposed challenge will be done Ala Zero Carb. Well you get the picture, I am not here to debate trace amounts of carbs in meat or whatever. Those in the "KNOW" will get it. I do appreciate support and feedback. Don't be afraid to ask questions. I am nice and friendly to all that are the same to me. This post is too long.

Have a Healthy Day my Friends and Family. The Journey has just began or has it? No luck needed, prayers are appreciated. Keep the Faith and Always Battle On.

(ZC) Pure Serenity





Cheers,

Dave


14 comments:

  1. Will you be drinking any bone broth during this experiment? As a beverage, not a meal substitute?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beez55, to answer your question No. Why?, well you are supposed to consume only calorie free beverages for the morning fast. Fasting periods are very important for this diet. Shirking of the stomach is another key. I hope I answered your question, if not please don't hesitate to ask or email. Thanks for stopping by. Bone broth does sound yummy!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. great start dave. this is exciting. i can't wait for tomorrows results.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara, thanks I am excited too. Today's results posted soon.

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  4. Are you planning to use a liquid meal for your second meal everyday? bulletproof chia tea? Wow I would really like to know how you liked it. Great post Dave. I am looking forward for tomorrow. Battle On! ~Maryzc~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maryzc, I am not sure if I am going to use liquids as a second meal everyday. We will see. Bulletproof Chai tea resulted will be posted.

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  5. Great blog, I just came from Active Low-Carber Forums and got wind of your zc 5 bite challenge. I so happy that your site was mentioned over there. I will be following your progress. ALCF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ALCF, welcome to my blog. I hope you find some useful info here. I am so happy you are here.

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  6. Good details,thanks for sharing. It is hard to find people actually engaged in a 30 day 5bd challenge that are open to the public let alone someone that will answer questions.

    Jenifer8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenifer8, it is my pleasure to share. I am here, so fire away with any questions.

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  7. This post is a blast David!!!!!!!!

    I strongly agree with you: 'there is much more to life then food'.

    I think we were tricked to believe that pleasure from food should be a priority in our life. Of course, we believe it for many reasons and a lot of people are behind this including big food corporations or even food addicted friends or family members that do not want to do something about it…

    Which brings up the sick concept of 'eating for fun'… far away from 'eating for survival' and 'eating for health'. And, do not worry folks, we, ZC's, do not suffer from an eating disorder… It is the opposite attitude of 'eating for fun' that leads to problems...

    I think we are a bunch of people that did one of the LC, VLCD, ZC WOE and then got stuck somewhere by the end of the journey. I am not sure it is a "body adjustment". But I am sincerely convinced we are eating the way our body was designed to be fed...

    So the question is there: is there another dimension to our WOE that we are not aware of ???

    And could it be that as long as we ignore it, we cannot find the serenity we are looking for???

    ZC is not only avoiding some food items or avoiding addictive food. It is more about not making food the center of our life.

    This 'void' that prevents us to reach the end of our journey is far away from the 'non-sustainability' of ZC that so many people want us to believe...

    And we will find the answer.

    Because there is an answer!!!

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pro(ZC)ac, you comments are always enlightening. I wish you would join me in being a regular contributor. I will email you. Addictive indeed!!! Been there Done that and don't want to go back there AGAIN!!! Fight the Good Fight and Always Battle On my Good Friend!!!

      (ZC) True and Through

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  8. Dave,
    I really like the new set up.
    Good luck on the 5BD, I really do not see how you can do it.
    I will be reading to get inspiration that you always provide.
    Take care
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve my Zero Carb brother in Arms. Thank you so much. I have a Will of Steel my Friend. We all have it, sometimes we have to dig really deep to find it. You are my Inspiration my Dear Friend. Keep the Faith and Always Battle On!!

      (ZC)er United We Stand

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...