Wednesday, January 16, 2013

1/16/2013 - The 5 Bite Diet Day THREE 2.0 Ala ZC

Greetings all. My Spirits are high and my Energy is a little low.

I stayed up too late last night so I am yawning as I type. This is an ongoing deal with me. Sleep big time one night and not much another only to cycle again. Jeez such is life for me. I don't attribute any of this to eating as far as I am concerned.

I mentioned either in a response to a comment or a posting that this is indeed HELL WEEK. Why? Because I am hungry, real hungry. It is supposed to take 1-4 days to get used to the reduced amount and then things will be hunky dory, but for me I am sure it will take closer to 7 days. Yes I am hungry right now. Not starving hungry, not OMG I can't stand it hungry. Just annoying hungry.



OK I was asked how the New and Improved Bulletproof Chai Tea taste. I was disappointed again. It was much better than the first one, but no substitute for Bulletproof Coffee. Oh no it did not taste like the Starbucks Chai Tea Latte. Maybe with some heavy whipping cream.

Next subject: I was asked why I weigh my food and don't count bites. Good question. I sort of answered it in the comment section. Well 5 bites is 5 bites is 5 bites. Right? Wrong!!! We all are a little different, right? Yes, this is not a trick question. That being said: According to Dr. Lewis, the creator of the 5 Bite Diet, a Regular Size Snickers Bar is the perfect 5 Bite Portion. Please remember he is talking not just the calories, but the actual size.

He stresses dense foods. For me the 2.07 oz candy bar is just a little bit to small. I gauge my Personal  5  bites between 2.5 and 3 ozs. Hey I have read where some folks do 10 bites a meal. The main theme is to be consistent. Please don't forget the Morning Fast. Some folks do an Evening Fast. You just can't do a Fast between the First and Second Meal. No you can't.

Day  1 = (0.0) = lbs loss current weight 180.0 lbs (just starting, OK I am up a few pounds, be nice)
Day  2 = (1.2) = lbs loss current weight 178.8 lbs (let the games begin)
Day 3 = (1.0) = lbs loss current weight  177.8 lbs (going strong) 

Hunger pangs: Still there and not much better than the start. I will be strong......I have no choice.

Menu:
Morning Fast: Plain Black Coffee, H2O

1st Meal: 3.oz Sirloin Steak rare.

2nd Meal: Bulletproof Coffee

OK I am still sticking with the liquid Second Meal. Why? Because I can. HA! No really I will stick to it because I like the idea of getting some of my fuel from Fat.. Of course it gives me an excuse to drink a nice lovely cupper of Bulletproof Coffee. I just need a good old nasty cigar to accompany it. 

THANK YOU ALL for the SUPPORT that i received via comments and email. This is a tough and rough road that I am going through, but it will be worth the it. Yes it will if I learn the lessons it will teach me and run with them. The choice is mines........it always has been and always will be. 

Have a Healthy Day my Friends and Family. Through the Darkness there is Light. With the Light there is Hope, With Hope there................. Fight the Good Fight and Always Battle On!!!

(ZC)er Exit Strategy 


Cheers,

Dave

8 comments:

  1. It looks like a good start. How hard is it to fight the cravings if any? Simon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simon, glad to see you back. Cravings? Not really, hungry YES!!!

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  2. Hi, are you drinking the bulletproof coffee/tea for the fat value?
    Why not bone broth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous, not just for the fat, for the calories in a small package as well. Do you have a good Fatty Broth recipe that does not include veggies? I don't mind herbs and spices also garlic or onions for flavor. Please let me know I will consider it. Great question by the way.Thank you. Keep the Faith!!!

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  3. Any cow feet, chicken feet or like will do. simmer all day long and get the collagen out of the bones. Plenty of fat and zero carbs in bone broth, not to mention the important nutrients you will be ingesting. simmer bones,toss, season to your liking and drink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anonymous, I have to say that I never heard of bone broth in this manner. Very interesting. I can get the cows feet real easy. I an not to crazy about chicken soup, so the chicken bone broth does not appeal to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to explain the process. Battle On!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there another way to make bone broth? I believe this is how our ancestors did it. Big pot of water, over the fire, smmering. As a modern caveman, we have seasonings to put into our pot of water... This is very nutritious.

    Carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anonymous, Bone Broth indeed!!! Now I am really going to have to find out about the fuss. No really, this has stirred my interests a lot. I always just boiled Chuck roast with bones or bought extra soup bones and boiled them for a couple of hours and considered the liquid to be broth. I never considered to let the bones cook all day and just reap those rewards. Simple yet BIG.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...