Monday, January 21, 2013

1/21/2013 - The 5 Bite Diet Day EIGHT 2.0 Ala Zero Carb

Greetings all. My Spirits and Energy levels are good.

Jeez what a late start indeed! Well I was off today and planned to sleep in late. I did not want to get up earlier than 9 am and possibly 10 am. My office was closed for MLK day. So sounds good if not great right??? WRONG!!!

Why? Because my Dear Wife (DW) was off today too and decided a "Day Trip" to the other side of Houston to go to Chinatown. She wanted to try a new resturant over there that her aunt raves about and to pick up some food items that are only available in Chinese stores. So She wake me up at 7:30 am and tells me to start getting ready. Jeez to the third degree!!!



So that being said I drank my normal morning Plain Black Coffee and fasted until 11:00 am. I had 5 bites of the restaurant's signature stir fried Lobster dish. It was OK. I am not a bit Lobster fan. I rather have Snow or King Crab. Steamed with a lot of Butter thank you very much. HA!

All in all the day was fun. Lots of walking and shopping. It was all good. I picked up some Hot Oil chili sauce that I like. So no my dog did not eat my homework and this is why my post is so late. It's all good in the hood.

Results thus far:

(Please let me know if mess up on my math below. I might add or subtract incorrectly)

Day  1 = (0.0) = lbs loss current weight 180.0 lbs (just starting, OK I am up a few pounds, be nice)
Day  2 = (1.2) = lbs loss current weight 178.8 lbs (let the games begin)
Day 3 = (1.0) = lbs loss current weight  177.8 lbs (going strong) 
Day 4 = (0.8) = lbs loss current weight  177.0 lbs (down, down do your thing do your thing...)
Day 5 = (1.0) = lbs loss current weight 176.0 lbs (that's the way aha, aha I like it)
Day 6 = (1.2) = lbs loss current weight 174.8 lbs (Fly, Robin, Fly)
Day 7 = (0.8) = lbs loss current weight 174.0 lbs (expected more, but I'll take it)
Day 8 = (0.6) = lbs loss current weight 173.4 lbs (a loss, is a loss, is a loss)

Hunger pangs: Normal as can be, not a big deal at the moment.

Menu:
Morning Fast: Plain Black Coffee, H2O

1st Meal: 5 big bites of stir fried Lobster

2nd Meal: Cheese and Jalapeno Summer Sausage 3 ozs (Gun Show)

Let me tell ya there is nothing like Gun Show Summer Sausage, no fillers, Msg or any of that nasty stuff. I love it. OK back on track. Not much to report other than what has been said. I am glad to have a regular commentator of the blog "Pro(ZC)ac" join me on this challenge. It's nice not to be alone. Never too late to join for those who are so inclined. Do it for a week or two or three. It does not have to be 30 days. No it most certainly does not. Just be sure to be prepared both mentally and physically. 

Have a Great Day my Friends and Family. The Fun has Just Begun. Get straight, Go forward, Move ahead and Always Battle On!!!

(ZC) Whip it, Whip it Good



Cheers,

Dave

6 comments:

  1. If I get off the wagon, David and I will soon be at the same weight.
    But I think I should survive to the situation…

    Anyway, my only objective is to get back to 158 lbs which is the weight I felt the best in my life…

    But too much heavy cream, cheese, butter made me slowly gain 12 pounds in the last year… I still feel quite good, health situation is perfect but…

    So I will check that my seat belt is well fastened and see where i can get. Still, this is the first time in my life I am trying to loose weight "in company"… I must admit the feeling is nice; must be the sharing of all the combined experience of a lifetime weight problem… and the incredible strength ZC has brought in our life!!!!!

    The coming days should be great fun………

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pro(ZC)ac, first of all somehow this comment ended up in the "spam" folder. How? I do not know. You have commented many times in the past so it is a mystery to me.

    Anyway... Let's not talk about wagons my Friend. I have all the confidence in the world that you will succeed. The foods you mention can indeed induce weight gain if not taken in moderation. Some of those foods can be addictive.

    I have to agree it does indeed feel nice knowing someone else is in my company with the same goals. Great company indeed!! No luck needed my Friend. We have (ZC) and the 5BD as our Allies as well as each other. Keep the Faith and Battle On!!!

    (ZC)er The Power of FUN

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still on the train… and it seems I am still sitting in first class:

    Day 1 = (0.0) = lbs loss current weight 171.6 lbs
    Day 2 = (1.3) = lbs loss current weight 170.3 lbs
    Day 3 = (0.9) = lbs loss current weight 169.4 lbs

    Really… I have no idea why I did not do this 5BTZCWOE before instead of keeping putting weight on… Seriously, after doing ZC for so long and getting used not to eat 'like everyone', adding the '5BT variation' is not a big deal…

    It seems dairies as cream and cheese create a huge insulin release… and weight gain… and you can easily eat a lot of them because they are soo addictive to some of us (caseomorphin…). I hope I have learned my lesson…

    As for butter, for myself, I feel there is a limit to the quantity I can eat during one sitting and it is a good tool to increase fat content of a meal when there is the need…

    Is there a restaurant-wagon on this train???

    Pro(ZC)ac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pro(ZC)ac, you are in the ZONE!!! We learn, learn and learn again. Things also change as we get older. So keep learning and Keep On Keeping On!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. **** After being zc for some time on this journey to find my ideal WOE I have learned that cheese is an absolute NO for me. It has derailed me time and again and I so effortlessly took weight off recently by removing cheese from the menu. I still put butter on my steak on occasion and I no longer drink any coffee so HWC is not an issue but cheese....that addiction is a whole other story and I never would have ever thought that until I saw what happened once I gave it up for a 30 day experiment. Still so hard to stay away from it at times...but feeling so good at my ideal weight right now is a HUGE motivator. I feel like I have been trying for most of my 48 yrs to get down to this weight that I always felt would be ideal and now for the first time in my life, I am here and it feels so darn good****

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anonymous****, we all have to realize our strengths and weaknesses when it comes to (ZC). One size does not fit all. The first step is to be honest with yourself and know your limitations. Then not to blame a certain food or situation, but to look in the mirror and take personal responsibility for our actions. Accountability is the key to success. It is a learning experience. Trail an error to start, then responsibility. That simple, that easy. Good for you. With an attitude like yours we all can be successful. Thank you for your inspirational words of wisdom.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...