Monday, January 28, 2013

REPORTING FOR DUTY ON THE ZERO CARB BATTLE FRONT

REPORTING FOR DUTY ON THE ZC BATTLE FRONT


First, I want to thank Dave for giving me the chance to join him on his great adventure of the ZC path. Over the years his blog has always delivered, entertain us (!!!) and, lets say it loudly, it was surely a source of enlightenment in more then a way and for most of us.

I always thought of this blog as a “place of tranquility” where folks could exchange with respect, empathy and, overall, a lot of compassion and generosity.

I think as ZC’s folks, we tend to forget how much ‘outsiders’ we are in today’s society. This is when support is important and luckily, the virtual world of Internet has helped us a lot. Overall, we are all free to come and go, be as open or anonymous as we think we need, but we must not forget that the reality of ‘internet friendship’ do exist, that it overcome not only distances, languages and cultures but also ages and social stratification. ZC is an open world and it is a WOE for everyone!!!

To put the rest down quite simply about myself, I would say that after a life of useless dieting based on bad science and misinformation, I discovered, more then 17 years ago, the virtues of a low carb diet. It has helped me a lot in the beginning but as I was never really satisfied with results, I moved to a VLCD and finally to a ZC diet. This one being, putting all today’s available research together, the ideal diet, the one the human body was designed to be nourish with.

My actual health condition is not only good it is astonishing. No disease, pill or pain and lots of energy to go. I don’t need to publish my recent blood tests; the results are so normal, they are boring…

Zero Carb is not an extreme diet as many can say; it respects your body's natural physiology, the proper functioning of all organs and brings back harmony in all brain chemicals. And, surely again, Zero Carb is not an eating disorders, it cures eating disorders!!! It is an experience everyone should give a try just to realize how badly they are treating themselves with today's officially recommended diet.

We all have the freedom of choice and I respect this. But why choose to suffer through chronic debilitating diseases, why accept intoxicating our body with medication to control the said diseases (and never cure them) and why expose ourselves to premature aging and premature death, when we can eat the diet million years of evolution has designed for our body?

So here I am, ready to search, study and understand what is the science, both biological and social, that supports this ZC WOE. I do not pretend to know and explain everything (and no scientist should anyway…) but anything that is published, books and reviews included, I read. As I like to stay low profile on my qualifications for privacy reasons, let’s just say that I have “a wall of diplomas” in my office that gives me the assurance I have the necessary competence to deal with this science.

And I assure you, the puzzle of ZC is getting laid down quite nicely; nicely enough to convince me to give some time to our friend Dave that have created for us a nice “garden” to blossom, as healthy as we were created to be!!!

Pro(ZC)ac

or DENIS if you are more comfortable with
a real name...







8 comments:

  1. Welcome Denis, I am really happy that you are a big part of this blog. Don't be surprised if I start to ask you questions right away. I will let you settle in first. ~Maryzc~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please feel free do ask any questions. I will do my best to answer with the knowledge I have gattered during all these years, trying my best to remain strict on what can be or not be explain. A bad answer can make more damage then good…

      Denis

      Delete
  2. Denis it is nice to put a name to your comments. I can appreciate your Journey through the diet carnival. I have suffered through the years with fad diets, then I went about the same route as you with lc,vlc and now zc. This is a battle front considering all the bullets we have to dodge as zc'ers. We will always be a small group. The general public has been drawn into believing that s.a.d. is the way to eat along with all the connivance foods out there you don't have a chance unless you join the cause and join the Underground......that being us.

    Joshua

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about the 'underground' side of ZC. I think it is an important aspect because one has to be comfortable with this WOE or he will suffer and eventually fail. I could even say that one is a 'real ZC's' when he can resist to all social pressure to eat differently and still, stay calm and serene.

      I enjoy Dave's way of saying that we still have sometimes 'to go dark' to survive...

      Denis

      Delete
  3. I am moving this response to this comment to Denis from my Gmail account. Somehow it was routed to my Gmail instead of here. Blogger "hick ups" every once in awhile. Sorry Sara.

    Cheers,

    Dave
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "hi denis as you might know i am only a kid (sort of) at 19, but i love the way zc keeps me healthy. i discovered zc by reading dave's journal at zioh and reading gary taubes. i have always enjoyed your comments in the past and hold them in high regard. you are a great addition to a great blog.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may only be 19 years old but you are a smart and lucky kid. I would have adored discovering ZC at your age; I would have avoided so many years of bad nutrition…

      But your young age 'makes my day' as it proves the new generations are open to new ideas and can judge the good from the bad, and do not leave all there choices in the hands of our 'institutions'…

      Knowing you are part of this bog gives me even more motivation to invest some time and energy here.

      Denis

      Delete
  4. Denis this was a great introduction. I also love the picture you attached to the post. It is Pure Serenity. We will all benefit from your wisdom and experience. Welcome aboard my Friend. We may be small, but we are mighty. Our strength comes from our knowledge, our resolve and our resilience.

    Our motto should be: "No Surrender, No Retreat" Lets not give an inch back for the territory that we have gained.

    I know I speak for all here in that we are grateful for your presence and intellect.

    Fight the Good Fight and Always Battle On!!!

    (ZC)er Call to Duty

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'WE MAY BE SMALL, BUT WE ARE MIGHTY'

      It's all there; nothing more to add.

      Denis

      Delete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...