Thursday, February 14, 2013

2/14/2013 - Happy Valentines Day

Greetings all. My Spirits and Energy levels are good.

First of all Happy Valentines Day for those of you that celebrate or observe it. I know I do. Well a special shout out to the ladies............ OK y'all I am old fashioned and traditionally this is the time that "US" men to out and buy flowers and treats for our ladies. So there you go.

Anyhow it looks like Denis is posting some great stuff here. We are oh so fortunate that he is on board with us feeding us great information. He has a different outlook on Zero Carb (ZC) and is a true asset to this little blog. Thank you my Friend!



So far I have been maintaining my weight, going up and down a pound or  two, but always coming back to the same weight. I basically eat smaller portions. I want to avoid as Denis puts it "All U can eat ZC". Those days need to be part of my past. "Eat to Live, Not Live to Eat" a famous saying by someone that I just can't remember at the moment.

Now to be honest and honest I have always been with you my Friends and Family there have been recent times that I have been tempted to overeat. WHY ???? Yes why indeed!!!

What is it hat triggers that: "EAT, EAT, EAT and EAT some More" mentality??? I wish I knew, but I don't. For "ME" it is a matter of self control, easily said yet often hard to do. I sit down to a great plate of Zero Carb food, eat, feel good and then I start to think......should I serve just a little more? Should I? Yes, just a little more. Then it starts................ and then it ends............. and then I think to myself: WHY OH WHY did I do that???

I wasn't hungry, the food did not contain carbs, so whats the deal? Ah my Friends and Family what is the DEAL INDEED??? Are we just programmed to "Get it (ALL) while you can?" I know mentally that there is plenty more to eat, so is it some animal instinct that just kicks in? Hey I am just thinking out loud y'all!

Yet for "ME" this can be a daily battle. Why is enough not always enough.................mentally? At least some of the time. The Key my Friends and Family is to...............................

Have a Healthy day my Friends and Family. Physical Battles and Mental Battles are all around us. Some will fall and some will rise to the occasion. Lock your shields, stead fast and Always Battle On!!!

(ZC)er Mind over Matter



Cheers,

Dave

5 comments:

  1. I can easily relate to what you describe here Dave.

    Sometimes I wonder if somebody that has been overweight for a long period suffers of "food anxiety", a problem that would persist even when the pounds melt away…

    An heavy person needs for food are quite high as he produces a lot of insulin which pushes in his cells everything he eat creating a situation of "permanent hunger" which is a serious source of anxiety, thus the notion of "food anxiety".

    As we do not depend on the success of our hunting nowadays, but still have the survival mechanism of "food anxiety" to deal with, maybe we need to convince oursleves there is enough food and we do not have to worry???

    Now we have more to think about having the money to buy the food… Interesting. And surely a subject to mediate about.

    Denis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right ON my Friend. Money seems to be more of a concern now a days. Believe me I am constantly working on improving my outlook on food and trying to tweak it as I go and "grow" in the ART of (ZC).

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  2. happy valentines day dave. i skipped the candies and got tons of flowers. lucky me.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A belated Happy Valentines Day to you Sara! Lucky you indeed! Flowers are a creation from an artist much more skilled than the ones that produced the candies.

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  3. Hi Dave, love your writing. Sometimes we feel the need to eat past satisfaction when we feel like we don't have enough of other things in our lives, such as time, love, money, relaxation, affection etc. In this stressful, fast paced world, most of us feel like this most of the time, so it's about being aware of these hungers and doing our best to get what we are really craving, when it's not more food. Cheers, Sally

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...