Monday, February 4, 2013

2/4/2013 - The 5 Bite Diet Zero Carb Summary

Greetings Friends. My Spirits are high and my Energy levels are good.

First of all let me say thank you for all that took the time to post comments and send emails of support. It was heart warming and appreciated more than you will ever know. This go around was not easier than any of the others. The difference you might ask? The difference is that I was more prepared both mentally and physically.

Knowing what to expect eased my mind  very much so. This time I knew what to expect concerning meal preparation. The 5BDZC is not for everyone. You have to have a "Will of Steel", you have to be the type of person that does not make excuses to avoid the mission. Not everyone is cut out for that, but......but.... if you are so inclined..........well SKY'S THE LIMIT!!!



OK then: anyway what was the Good, the Bad and the Ugly of this experience? What indeed!!!

The GOOD: I lost weight, it pointed me back in the direction of portion control........... ahhhhhh portion control you say..........yes portion control. What about it??? Yes, what about it. I think my Brother in Arms: Denis (Pro(ZC)ac) hit on this: " ZC all U can eat" yes the actual quote may be a little different, but the spirit is there. ZC is not an all you can eat way of eating (WOE). On the contrary. If you stick to Fatty Meats, especially Beef in my opinion (IMO) The Fat will make you feel satisfied aka full and you won't want to eat anymore. Yes that is the theory and for ME a FACT. Now that being said.........well then how would I possible gain weight doing the Zero Carb Way of Eating.............ahhh yes this is where self control comes in.......yes it does. I ate just to eat. Not good idea on any way of eating. No it is not.......again just my little opinion.

The BAD: Was there a bad??? In the overall scheme of things: NO! OK was that weak or what? Hahaha!!! Weak indeed! OK the BAD: let me think.....caution.....caution.....caution....think alert has now gone into affect........ "You now have 60 seconds to get to a safe zone" Well truly the only thing bad for ME was "Hell Week" I was hungry during that time, not just hungry, but annoying hungry. That bugged me, but I knew it would pass and it did. It took almost a week if I remember right. That's all for that area.

The UGLY: Thinking about food all the time. Weird I know, but the truth. Not what to eat, but rather just random thoughts of food. It was a little distracting. It was at it worst when I was hungry during that first week. Oh another thing that was "Ugly" was having my family eat around me. Yes especailly that first week. No they are not (ZC)ers, so I am used to seeing them eat carbs, but just seeing them eat when I was hungry gave me a weird feeling. Strange I know, but it is coming from me. HA!!!

Would I do it again...........excellent question!!! Thank you very much to the dashing young lad dressed in that smart dark blue pinned stripped suit sitting in the front row all the way to the left. Jeez I just love this audience!!! OK now for the answer: Yes! That is Yes with an explanation. Hey this sounds like traffic court.

The EXPLANATION:  So yes I would do this again if I wanted to lose more weight. Yes, if I lost control and gained what I have already lost. Oh that last one is a bad scenario. Yet it happens. So this ties in with what my Brother in Arms (Denis) is doing at this time. MAINTENANCE. I will be interested in his findings.

Have a Healthy Day my Friends and Family. Where to Start? Where to End?......... Once again the choice is yours. It always has been and always will be..... Keep the Faith and Always Battle On!!!

(ZC)er Armed and Ready


Cheers,

Dave

4 comments:

  1. thanks for the summary. it answered a question i emailed you. i love your good humor too. i am tracking denis to see his results. you guys keep giving us a lot of information from your heart. thank you so much.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara, sorry for the late reply: I try my best and I am glad that it helped you. Denis is doing us a great service indeed!!!

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  2. Nice summary Dave. It gives us a good idea what you went through… very informative. And it demonstrate how 5BDZC is much more then 5 bites of ZC food…

    And I largely agree 5BDZC is not for everyone. Anyway, time has proven there is no "one size fits all diet"…!!!

    Denis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denis, wow it is funny not addressing you as "Pro(ZC)ac", but I really enjoy putting a "name" to the WISDOM. Thank you my Friend. Your support means a lot to me and others here.

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...