Monday, February 11, 2013

SUMMARY OF ALTERNING 3 DAYS OF 5BDZC AND 4 DAYS WITH A TOTAL OF 30 BITES/DAY


The week is beginning quite find.

Definitely, something is happening in my body; my attitude towards food, hunger pangs or any relevant relations to food has changed.

As I told in a recent posting, I did try Intermittent Fasting for 6 weeks last year, including two “all-u-can eat meals” per day and a 16 hour fast. I felt great, I did loose some weight, but I could not maintain it. This is why I am in quest of another answer.

I do not like the concept of “food intake control”. I need to eat when I am hungry and if I fight this, I pay for it during the day. This is the way it is and surely, I am not alone in this situation.

What 5BDZC has taught me is simple: when I moved to 30 bites of food per day, I feel good and have no hunger pangs. And it is enough food to satisfy me. So I do not feel the “nervousness” of trying to control things, or loosing control, which is, as we all know, the worst negative feeling in the world…

I could talk for hours about leptin, ghrelin and many other hormones that regulate hunger but at the end, insulin is the “master hormone” in all this. And I do believe my “insulin response” is what explains the good results I am having here.

Of course, let’s make it clear, we do talk about ZC food items with a ratio of 85% fat 15% protein intake per day, including no cheese.

I am motivated to continue this experiment of 30 BITES PER DAY as I am still loosing a little bit of weight. And I think as long as I stay away from any “all-u-can eat ZC meals”, there is possibility here for sustainability as it probably keeps my insulin levels low on a 24 hours basis.

It would be interesting do measure blood insulin every 2 hours for a 24 hours period. Surely, this would give a reliable answer. But since this is not an “accessible reality”, I just have to go the hard way and see what the coming days will bring me.

Denis 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Denis, what foods are you eating 85/15 ratio. I sure would like to try it myself. I know when I eat high fat, it fills me up really fast and I don't even want to look at food. I am not sure what was my highest ratio fat/protein. Jeez why can't dairy be more agreeable? Pity.....I sure do love cheese. HA!

    Battle On my Brother in Arms!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dave!!! Fatty meat is more and more difficult to find so to overcome the problem I simply compensate adding butter AND sour cream. I learned recently cream is just like butter, meaning it is mostly fat and the few protein in it do not cause an insulin release, contrarily to cheese… I do like butter but it is nice to have a change with sour cream as it makes a nice sauce with chicken and fish I am eating at this time.

      I am having a break of eating beef and pork, but still have lamb at least a week. It has nothing to do with ZC, it is just a question of personal choice. I said I do 85% fat/15% protein but i even go some days to 90% fat/10% protein especially if I do the 5BDZC. It gives good results but it means 3 ounces of meat with an huge quantity of sauce…

      Denis

      Delete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...