Wednesday, February 13, 2013

ORTHOREXIA NERVOSA AND ZERO CARB




I cannot go longer without commenting this “new disease” which, even if not yet included in “the big book of mental illnesses” along with ANOREXIA NERVOSA, will surely be soon listed in it…

ORTHOREXIA NERVOSA is defined, as “an obsession with avoiding foods perceived as unhealthy”.

So anyone not eating today’s “government’s recommendations on food” is at risk of getting the diagnosis including, for example, folks refusing to eat non-organic products, or raw foodists, even vegans and their multiple variations, including the LC crowd.

Imagine how the ZC’s are considered here???

This happening while obesity is still not recognized as a disease because of the burden it would have on the cost of healthcare!!!

Of course, someone following ‘the official recommendations” and avoids eating fat, especially saturated, limits meat, eggs, cheeses and cream, insist on his 5 portions of fruits and vegetables and 6-11 portions of cereal products per day, and obsess to get his daily 25 g fibers flushed down with 3 liters of water, has low chances getting the diagnosis…

Imagine, again, how the ZC’s are considered here???

I just wanted to comment this ORTHOREXIA NERVOSA as I think ZC’s needs to be aware of it’s existence as we may, especially in an unexpected moment, get confronted OURSELVES with the diagnosis. Sad.

LET US NOT FORGET THAT LESS THEN NOT EVEN 4 YEARS AGO, THE FIRST ZC WEBSITE WAS CONSIDERED A SO BIG THREATH TO HUMAN NUTRITION THAT IT WAS FORCELY SHUTDOWN.

This gives us another enemy in the battle of a war we cannot afford to loose!!!!!!!

Denis








6 comments:

  1. Denis this is great information. Sad is a true description of how the majority of the medical/nutritional world views diets in general.

    Btw what was the first zc site you were speaking of that got shut down less than 4 years ago? I was not aware of it and I am curious. Also I am going to try to up my fat intake via your advice about the sour cream. Would full fat yogurt be the same as the sour cream?

    Thanks for the insight and information you are sharing with us. -Simon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not the exact reference to the shutdown of this ZC site but I think it was mentionned on the blog "THE ZERO CARB PATH" or "THE ZERO CABR DAILY" in 2006. Anyway, soon after, Charles Washington could operate his own site. Still, if I find the exact quotation about this event, I will post it.

      As for full fat yogurt, I think it all depends on your level of insulin sensitivity. But if you are on ZC, I guess it is not that good and you may have a bad reaction. If you ever try, get a minimum 10% fat content yogurt. Sour cream is much safer as it has a very low protein content + an adequate fat content. Mixed with some spices, it makes the perfect topping on any meat. But anyway, we must not go overboard with both of them as they are in no way " carb-free" like butter is… All this said, I still continue to use sour cream because it do not create, as I previously said, an insulin release and I base my decision on this fact.

      Denis

      Delete
  2. Denis just when I think I have heard it all, you shower us with more great information. Wow this is a very important finding. I also have to say that I too am sorta curios about that other (ZC) site.

    Thanks for the great information. I am sure that those who "READ" will surly appreciate it more than you know.

    Keep the Faith and Always Battle On!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I just replied to Simon, I will try to relocate this information. I think it is important because remembering the history of our path to the ZC world help us to understand why and how we got here, it identifies our "enemies and allies", and finally, it is the road to create the perfect "war strategy". New generations doesn't seem to be that interested in the studying of history; it is sad because it can lead us into making the same mistakes again and again.

      As warriors, we must never forget this or we will loose the battle…

      Denis

      Delete
  3. what is that a picture of? i thought it was a pastry or something. you guys come up with some of the most interesting pictures. i really liked the information you provide us with today. it really makes me think and that is good. sometimes it is easy to get too comfortable with our situations that we don't look for what is around the corner.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You say it nicely Sara: yes it is easy to get too comfortable with our situation… I would even add a lot of people would like to see us fall dead like flies just to prove we are wrong, as we are a threat to "the establishment".

      The picture title is "Fossil"… but I couldn't tell what kind of fossil it is… But this reminds me that I want also to publish some pictures of sweets. And it is not just for the fun of doing it; there is a therapeutic reason!!!

      Denis

      Delete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...